More questions than answers.

Rev

First off a bit of Johnny Nash, for those missing a Question of Sport.

Chatting about things with my lad tonight, it's very hard to see how we'll line up with everyone fit and well.

It may not be reflected in results or league positions so far, but with the squad approaching full fitness and availability, we look to have an embarrassment of choice, particularly in the back line and midfield, so much so it's hard to see how Cocu will line us up going forward.

After discussing formations etc, we tried to nail down the certain starters regardless of tactics or formation. We could only agree on the following, who we'd play regardless.

Marshall, Byrne, Buchanan, Knight, Jozwiak and Waghorn.

The next cabs off the rank we agreed are Sibley, followed by Bielik, fitness permitting.

That's 8 places taken up regardless of formation, and a lot of players left kicking their heels. 

A midfield of Bielik, Knight and Sibley looks good, but leaves no space for Bird, the immense so far this season Shinnie, and Rooney.

A back four of Buchanan, Byrne and Beilik leaves Wisdom, Clarke and the ever reliable Davies fighting it out for one spot, plus Fozzy.

A back five sees Buchanan, Byrne, and two of Bielik, Wisdom, Clarke and Davies line up.

However you line up, either with three at the back or a back four, someone decent is missing out. 

How would you line up?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bielik coming into the back 3 allows us to shift seamlessly between this 3-4-3 / 5-2-3 and a 4-3-3. 

Shinnie and Knight cover every blade of grass but I feel they need an extra body to maybe help out. Bielik could be perfect to step out and do so, without really changing shape. 

I don’t think we are a million miles away from a starting eleven with the team out tonight.

The only way Rooney gets back in is thru Joz’s injury and Waggy goes wide, but I don’t think it’s necessarily warranted. 

I like the formation. It's reasonable. 

I think our best possible formation is as followed

Marshall,

Byrne, Wisdom, Davies, Clarke, Buchanan,

Knight, Bielik,

Lawrence, Jozwiak,

Waggy. 

We'd have a lot of room to change the game, with Ibe, Bird, Sibley, Kazim-Richards, Shinnie. Honestly, a bit harsh on Bird and Shinnie, but it's hard to get all the players in.

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Davies can’t pass, Wisdom can’t defend. Te Weirik hasn’t been given a fair chance yet imo.

Davies is our best defender, Wisdom is a much better player than Te Wierik. Have you watched the guy? He's been bullied in every game he played other than tonight because he only got 10 minutes, he's weak and not a good distributor. Cocu clearly can't see much in Te Wierik because he's been dropped ever since his awful performances at the start.

Just now, Andicis said:

Davies is our best defender, Wisdom is a much better player than Te Wierik. Have you watched the guy? He's been bullied in every game he played other than tonight because he only got 10 minutes, he's weak and not a good distributor. Cocu clearly can't see much in Te Wierik because he's been dropped ever since his awful performances at the start.

I thought he did ok on the right side tonight, maybe a baby step to taking the place he's been signed for?

Everyone adjusts differently after all.

I'd pick Davies ahead of him at this time, not so sure about Wiz.

3 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

I thought he did ok on the right side tonight, maybe a baby step to taking the place he's been signed for?

Everyone adjusts differently after all.

I'd pick Davies ahead of him at this time, not so sure about Wiz.

Gonna be honest, he was ok tonight, but he also only had 10 minutes. I'm not going to be able to shake off those other performances from him that I thought were shocking. I just don't think he's strong enough for this league, or he's used enough to long ball football. To me, he seems out of his depth. I wouldn't play him unless we're desperate. 

25 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Chatting about things with my lad tonight, it's very hard to see how we'll line up with everyone fit and well.

It may not be reflected in results or league positions so far, but with the squad approaching full fitness and availability, we look to have an embarrassment of choice, particularly in the back line and midfield, so much so it's hard to see how Cocu will line us up going forward.

After discussing formations etc, we tried to nail down the certain starters regardless of tactics or formation. We could only agree on the following, who we'd play regardless.

The next cabs off the rank we agreed are Sibley, followed by Bielik, fitness permitting.

That's 8 places taken up regardless of formation, and a lot of players left kicking their heels. 

A midfield of Bielik, Knight and Sibley looks good, but leaves no space for Bird, the immense so far this season Shinnie, and Rooney.

A back four of Buchanan, Byrne and Beilik leaves Wisdom, Clarke and the ever reliable Davies fighting it out for one spot, plus Fozzy.

A back five sees Buchanan, Byrne, and two of Bielik, Wisdom, Clarke and Davies line up.

However you line up, either with three at the back or a back four, someone decent is missing out. 

How would you line up?

I stopped reading when I got to “immense Shinnie”.... wow. 

2 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I stopped reading when I got to “immense Shinnie”.... wow. 

Immense so far Shinnie, which is a markedly different quote.

Don't let facts stop you being a miserable bar steward though.

57 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Immense so far Shinnie, which is a markedly different quote.

Don't let facts stop you being a miserable bar steward though.

You really think (however you want to put It) that immense and Shinnie should be in the same sentence...?? Come on...get a grip. 

We need more goals in the team and therefore sibley over shinnie even though we appreciate his value. 
if jozwiak is out, then try whittaker first.

wisdom v Evans....toss a coin

46 minutes ago, RamNut said:

We need more goals in the team and therefore sibley over shinnie even though we appreciate his value. 
if jozwiak is out, then try whittaker first.

wisdom v Evans....toss a coin

We might score an extra goal with that midfield, but we’d probably concede 3 or 4!

For me, Wisdom is much better than Evans. Considering Evans can play midfield, he rarely brings the ball out, which is vital that one of the CB’s does this in a back 3. Evans is back up only and always will be. Wisdom to potentially drop out once Bielik is fit. 

7 hours ago, Andicis said:

Clarke is our best all round defender now imo, though I will always credit Davies as the best we’ve had at the club in my lifetime. He’s 35 and on the decline now though, we shouldn’t be reliant on him. 

I really can’t agree on Wisdom either. Maybe an in form, fully fit Wisdom is better, but he’s looked far from that so far this season. He’s looked slow, cumbersome and lacking in concentration. He’s cost us more goals than Te Weirik has. I suspect Wisdom is still feeling the effects of what happened to him at the end of last season, which is understandable, but he really looks like he needs a spell out of the spotlight. He’s been our worst player so far this season imo. 

Still think it’s harsh to judge Te Weirik on a couple of games he played in a very poor side. I don’t even think he looked as bad as you’re making out. He looked to be pretty good on the ball, and his defensive positioning looked better than either of Evans or Wisdom. Sure, he needs to adapt to the physical nature of the championship, but he needs to play in order to do that. I’m still utterly convinced he will come good based on what I’ve seen so far, and his reputation in Holland. I appreciate I won’t be able to change your view on him, but I’d be very careful writing players off - I remember all the criticism Vydra got for his first few performances, and that worked out ok. Only time will tell with Te Weirik.

7 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Clarke is our best all round defender now imo, though I will always credit Davies as the best we’ve had at the club in my lifetime.

I’ll give you credit - you’re points are excellent for a 2 year old! Davies the best in your lifetime?? Were you not born for Tomori and Sir Richard Keogh!

I’m not convinced by MTW at all, but agree he needs time to adapt to English football. 

10 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Still think it’s harsh to judge Te Weirik ..... I’m still utterly convinced he will come good based on what I’ve seen so far, and his reputation in Holland. I appreciate I won’t be able to change your view on him, but I’d be very careful writing players off - I remember all the criticism Vydra got for his first few performances, and that worked out ok. Only time will tell with Te Weirik.

Who are you and what have you done with the fire breathing condemnation machine that is Millenniumram? ?

7 hours ago, Andicis said:

Gonna be honest, he was ok tonight, but he also only had 10 minutes. I'm not going to be able to shake off those other performances from him that I thought were shocking. I just don't think he's strong enough for this league, or he's used enough to long ball football. To me, he seems out of his depth. I wouldn't play him unless we're desperate. 

So you are writing him off after 4 games?

Golden Globes Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

8 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

How would you line up?

That's not Johnny Cash.

Archived