Louie Sibley

Heisenberg

1 minute ago, Jubbs said:

No, but it's quite obvious, especially if we take off our Derby blinkers, to see that we're not as rich as people think. I don't have direct links to Mel/Stephen, but I'm using what I've heard from people and all the evidence/obvious indicators that we aren't that rich as well.

I think the confusion is over terminology. Mel has personally been covering our losses for years. He has said he no longer wants to do it "not sustainable" I think were his words. In effect we have never been rich as such its just a question of how much or how little Mel wants to put in coupled with FFP restictions.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Derby fans don't believe any old poo someone makes up on this forum, you mean.

So "Wayne Veysey" makes things up does he? Have we not signed, Marshall, Byrne, Duncan, Ibe and not sold Bogle and Lowe? 

Like I said, we sold Bogle and Lowe for cheap because we needed money. We keep looking for external investment and Mel wants to sell. You're doing the same thing, you're not believing things because you do don't want it to be true. 

4 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

In effect we have never been rich as such

Essentially, in a roundabout way. We aren't a self sustaining club who funds most things by sales of players and gate receipts. We for years were spending WAY too much money, hence why we needed to sell our stadium. I'm going back to an obvious model, Brentford, who's model everyone knows about, things are funded within the club due to massive profits they make on players. 

I really like Louie Sibley and I’m not sure here but - 

If we sold Sibley for £10m and brought in Harry Wilson for £10m what would we all think? 

Difficult question because we don’t know how far Sibley will go and and we have a rough idea of Wilson. 

8 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

So you don't know and believe what others who also don't know have said?

People who are saying we're fine financially, to be quite blunt, are deluded. Like I said, I'm making educated guesses, yes I know, guesses, HOWEVER, I'm not being stupid and trying to lie and say everything is fine, because to be frank, it's clearly not. Our finances have been grim readings for years now. 

8 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

So "Wayne Veysey" makes things up does he? Have we not signed, Marshall, Byrne, Duncan, Ibe and not sold Bogle and Lowe? 

Like I said, we sold Bogle and Lowe for cheap because we needed money. We keep looking for external investment and Mel wants to sell. You're doing the same thing, you're not believing things because you do don't want it to be true. 

You don't know what we sold Bogle and Lowe for. Yes we keeping looking for external investment. You're putting the pieces together and make huge leaps to a conclusion. 

2 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

If we sold Sibley for £10m and brought in Harry Wilson for £10m what would we all think? 

Difficult question because we don’t know how far Sibley will go and and we have a rough idea of Wilson. 

If you offered me Sibley or Wlson + £10m then I'm still taking Sibley. 

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

You don't know what we sold Bogle and Lowe for.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/what-sheffield-united-really-paid-sign-Derby-county-duo-jayden-bogle-and-max-lowe-2966521 

If anyone thinks we sold both for £15m they're completely deluded. £11m fee from JP is almost certainly what the possible final figure could be, after all add-ons. 

Look at it like this. Lowe was in the last year of his contract and wasn't a regular starter. We were offering him cheaply to other clubs as we needed a sale before he ran out his contract. Regarding Bogle, clubs knew that we needed to sell before we could buy players. Cash went for £16m yes, but you need to consider Forest didn't need money desperately and Villa aren't smart with recruitment and prices. Also Cash was wanted by Fulham too, so Forest were able to have an auction, whereas with Bogle, the market for Bogle was smaller because of recency bias.  

1 minute ago, Jubbs said:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/what-sheffield-united-really-paid-sign-Derby-county-duo-jayden-bogle-and-max-lowe-2966521 

If anyone thinks we sold both for £15m they're completely deluded. £11m fee from JP is almost certainly what the possible final figure could be, after all add-ons. 

Look at it like this. Lowe was in the last year of his contract and wasn't a regular starter. We were offering him cheaply to other clubs as we needed a sale before he ran out his contract. Regarding Bogle, clubs knew that we needed to sell before we could buy players. Cash went for £16m yes, but you need to consider Forest didn't need money desperately and Villa aren't smart with recruitment and prices. Also Cash was wanted by Fulham too, so Forest were able to have an auction, whereas with Bogle, the market for Bogle was smaller because of recency bias.  

Undisclosed fee. You can't just make up whatever number suits your agenda and call anyone else biased who doesn't agree. 

20 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/12849004/liverpool-transfer-harry-wilson-burnley-off/

That we’d had a right result!?

6 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Undisclosed fee. You can't just make up whatever number suits your agenda and call anyone else biased who doesn't agree. 

Honestly, did you even read the article? This is exactly what I mean about people choosing not to believe things because they don't want to. 

"Although the exact sum required to trigger the duo’s release from Pride Park remains undisclosed, sources close to the negotiation process claim it is around £5m less than the figure being reported in some sections of the media." 

Just now, Jubbs said:

Honestly, did you even read the article? This is exactly what I mean about people choosing not to believe things because they don't want to. 

"Although the exact sum required to trigger the duo’s release from Pride Park remains undisclosed, sources close to the negotiation process claim it is around £5m less than the figure being reported in some sections of the media." 

Yeah, I read it. It's the Sheffield Star, no poo it's biased towards the Sheffield club. I don't care. Keep going on about how broke we are without the numbers, I can't be bothered. 

Just now, Andicis said:

Keep going on about how broke we are without the numbers, I can't be bothered. 

Okay so when our financial records come out from last year, which, are still massively overdue, shall we look back to this conversation? Also, when we inevitably sell Sibley for peanuts, like we did Hughes, like we did Bogle, shall we look back as well? 

And how does anyone on this forum know that the £10m figure hasn't actually come from Leeds and is an attempt to unsettle Louie but also give a message to Derby about the amount they are willing to pay?  Or that the journalist has just made it all up?

If Louie's progress and development hasn't been looked at over several years by every recruitment team in the Premier League and, no doubt, a fair few abroad then they've not been doing their jobs properly

1 minute ago, ilkleyram said:

And how does anyone on this forum know that the £10m figure hasn't actually come from Leeds and is an attempt to unsettle Louie but also give a message to Derby about the amount they are willing to pay?  Or that the journalist has just made it all up?

What I think has happened is Leeds are lowballing us, so we've come out and said we're not even considering it until it's at least £10m.

Personally, "Wayne Veysey's" credibility is quite high at the minute as he has broke a lot of transfers recently for Derby. I don't think he'll just want to make it up and ruin his credibility. 

25 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

People who are saying we're fine financially, to be quite blunt, are deluded. Like I said, I'm making educated guesses

So other folks' opinions are 'deluded', but your own are 'educated'. Okey, dokey.

28 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

HOWEVER, I'm not being stupid

Is this an opinion or a fact?* 

*Being 'stupid' and deluded I find it hard to discern the difference.

Archived