Has Roy Mac lost the forum?

sage

Has Roy Mac lost the forum?  

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

There's no ban, there's a (correct) assumption that the only time people use it is accidentally - because no-one would actually want to use it - so the site does those people a favour and autocorrects their error ? 

Does the autocorrect not apply to thread titles then? Or does it just apply to specific posters?

I don't really care, just mildly interested.

7 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Does the autocorrect not apply to thread titles then? Or does it just apply to specific posters?

I don't really care, just mildly interested.

I'm not sure how the filters work but I'm fairly certain it isn't specified to posters. I assume there's just some element that separates titles from content; and some filters cover both while some don't.

14 hours ago, sage said:

Has Roy Mac lost the forum with his insistence that Cocu has lost the dressing room?

No its a transition period & he's had injuries, we need to get behind him...  he might look tactically like he hasnt got a clue but its all part of the master plan ?‍♂️

Or something like that ?

As much as I disagree with a lot @RoyMac5says..... I find it uneasy to start threads about particular posters questioning and mocking them. I know, I used to mock other posters too.

Fair enough if it doesn’t bother Roy, just a bit of a slippery slope for me and can do more harm than good.

1 minute ago, Mafiabob said:

As much as I disagree with a lot @RoyMac5says..... I find it uneasy to start threads about particular posters questioning and mocking them. I know, I used to mock other posters too.

Fair enough if it doesn’t bother Roy, just a bit of a slippery slope for me and can do more harm than good.

Yeah I agree with that.

I've had lots of disagreements with @RoyMac5 recently and even posted a mock poll myself, jibing at his negativity towards Cocu.

However, this real poll is taking things too far (no we don't need a poll on a poll about a poll).

We are all Derby. We all want the best for the club and the team, even if we disagree on how to achieve that.

This forum is generally great, helps me keep in touch with the Rams. However, one or two posts recently have been a bit too much like Twitter overspill.

COYR ?

Whilst my opinion on Cocu has been a bit 'swings and roundabouts', other posters have too. I was 'stunned' by the supposed rationale to drop Clarke and p*ssed off by the manager telling us the attitude of the players wasn't good enough - fix it! Crazy days.

So I was interested in seeing if others thought Cocu had lost the dressing room. We've previously seen similar things be the start of a slippery downslope. Obviously not so many remember Phil Brown's attempt to make his players 'more manly'! Getting them to sit in the centre circle at half-time didn't quite do the trick. Mental attitude is such a large part of sport and if the players really have lost respect for Cocu it's hard to get back. I'm not sure we'll know whether they have or not, but wanted to know what others thought.

But apparently it was a bit too negative for some? Oh well. Not keen on this bit of silliness of a poll but it does tell me that I'm not totp for popularity on here. ? I can live with that, it's not something new, it often comes with strong opinions. ? #COYR #WeareallDerby

Edit: I don't recall saying 'Cocu out', but yeah why not?! ?

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Whilst my opinion on Cocu has been a bit 'swings and roundabouts', other posters have too. I was 'stunned' by the supposed rationale to drop Clarke and p*ssed off by the manager telling us the attitude of the players wasn't good enough - fix it! Crazy days.

So I was interested in seeing if others thought Cocu had lost the dressing room. We've previously seen similar things be the start of a slippery downslope. Obviously not so many remember Phil Brown's attempt to make his players 'more manly'! Getting them to sit in the centre circle at half-time didn't quite do the trick. Mental attitude is such a large part of sport and if the players really have lost respect for Cocu it's hard to get back. I'm not sure we'll know whether they have or not, but wanted to know what others thought.

But apparently it was a bit too negative for some? Oh well. Not keen on this bit of silliness of a poll but it does tell me that I'm not totp for popularity on here. ? I can live with that, it's not something new, it often comes with strong opinions. ? #COYR #WeareallDerby

I Like You Aww GIF

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Mate I’m sure the performance wasn’t good enough on Saturday and has been hit and miss recently but I think a bit of patience is needed. 

Changing manager at this stage of the season would seem like a knee jerk reaction to me.  The younger players from the Academy have benefited from Rooney and Cocu.  Things are nowhere near as bad as is being perceived on the forum at the moment. 

Football is funny old game as Jimmy Greaves often said. 

Look at Manchester City and Wolves yesterday conceding goals for fun . It happens.

I can remember Brian Clough starting really slowly at Derby and then going on to greatness. 

Rome wasn’t built in a day. 

Now as regards losing the dressing room I’d say their is no chance Cocu has done that.  I think the players like him.  

Chris Martin is a good player when fit for a certain system of playing and as for Bradley Johnson he got loads of stick from Derby fans as did Butterfield. 

Dowell was hammered as was Paterson etc etc. 

Derby fans are good but often contrary wanting cost saving on one hand and giving young players a chance and then won’t tolerate poor performances and Not going for the title .

We clearly need a CF and hopefully we will get one this week .

Lets give Cocu a chance to see what he can do  

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

Mate I’m sure the performance wasn’t good enough on Saturday and has been hit and miss recently but I think a bit of patience is needed. 

I wasn't asking about the fans - I asked about the players! I wondered if Cocu had lost the players confidence. If that is the case all the patience in the world won't help him!

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

I wasn't asking about the fans - I asked about the players! I wondered if Cocu had lost the players confidence. If that is the case all the patience in the world won't help him!

I personally don’t think so.  

Not heard any rumblings at all. 

Players like Ibe  and Marshall and etc etc wouldn’t sign for us would they!

18 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I think everyone, myself included, regardless of their view on Cocu, was frustrated/angry over the last few days. I too think the poll is a bit much, but hopefully taken as tongue in cheek. 

I think the lowest managerial point for me was A certain PJ, his team was awful, but those tabloid shenanigans didn’t help.

1 minute ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

I think the lowest managerial point for me was A certain PJ, his team was awful, but those tabloid shenanigans didn’t help.

My memory isn't as good as I'd like but yeah, hated PJ. Think I didn't really find The Doc a charmer either! ? The worst two I think.

Archived