Has Roy Mac lost the forum?

sage

Has Roy Mac lost the forum?  

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

I don't have an infinite level of patience - But I think he's had a rough first year - Rougher than almost any other club in the league (Wigan aside)

..and Hull maybe.

Before selling Bowen & Grosicki, and before players refused to return for their final games:
30 games played, 14h place, 39 points (10 points clear)

End of season:
46 games played, 24th place, 45 points (4 points from safety & 2 below a team who were deducted 12 points)

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I don't get your point - none of the opinions being furthered on here are particularly contentious and am sure the OPs wouldn't have any qualms about repeating them to someones face. 

They are very contentious IMO .

Kicking the can down the road for example 

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

We'll agree to disagree then. If speaking as you find is being contentious then we use two totally different sets of thesaurus.

You are trying to say in a round about way act now and sack Cocu rather than kick the can down the road. Then you say discuss. 

33 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Well I’m Dave from Allestree.   I think you should go on next week with Roy and slate Cocu. If you have the guts. 

Dave Curtains from Allestree. Wow, that’s a blast from the past. Didn’t realise it was you. You still drinking Skol up Park Farm? 

This is Dave J Curtains JR right? Married to Marge...

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

Dave Curtains from Allestree. Wow, that’s a blast from the past. Didn’t realise it was you. You still drinking Skol up Park Farm? 

This is Dave J Curtains JR right? Married to Marge...

No you have the wrong person 

Why have you stopped going on RD did you get fed up of. Arguing with me. 

13 minutes ago, Curtains said:

You are trying to say in a round about way act now and sack Cocu rather than kick the can down the road. Then you say discuss. 

That's your interpretation. It was an open letter to all those who are advocating some form of open ended timeframe to assessing Cocus performance in his job and challenging that way of thinking. 

16 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well if the journey is fun along the way, then maybe not. How much fun was Rowett when we weren't winning?

None. Rowett was appointed to get promotion. Did he take the club further forward in any way? No. If anything he overloaded us with more aging players. Purely by having Lampard we raised our profile but he didn't move us as a club forward. Cocu has done a heck of a lot of work behind the scenes (if you believe what Mel says) that will benefit the club going forward.

Cocu has had the following that no other Derby manager has had to endure since we were relegated to this league. 

Transfer embargo.

Possible points deduction.

Joiners Gate.

A global pandemic.

I think for those reasons alone most are willing to give him more time.  No one is kidding themselves that is enjoyable at the moment. Cocu has shown nothing but loyalty and a desire to do the best for the club, not just the first team but the whole club. No one since Nigel gave a fig about anything other than their own career. I feel we owe that time to Cocu, who is the first manager to actually buy into Mel's vision.

11 minutes ago, Rosythram said:

Pardon me, in my very, very humble opinion and having read a lot of his posts.

He has never ever had the Forum.

He sets his own agendas for what ever reason and pursues them to absolute limits of boredom.

Bit harsh. I could find your opinions to be a tedious crushing bore but didn't have the temerity to tell you that. 

21 minutes ago, Coconut said:

..and Hull maybe.

Before selling Bowen & Grosicki, and before players refused to return for their final games:
30 games played, 14h place, 39 points (10 points clear)

End of season:
46 games played, 24th place, 45 points (4 points from safety & 2 below a team who were deducted 12 points)

Maybe - Although I think those are more footballing reasons? They lost the players because they were too good and didn't want to play for Hull - Or were they sold for financial reasons?

I would put the decision to sell Bogle and Lowe in the football decisions camp even if it isn't completely

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

That's your interpretation. It was an open letter to all those who are advocating some form of open ended timeframe to assessing Cocus performance in his job and challenging that way of thinking. 

Ok we will agree to differ on that .

Do you subscribe to Rooney as Manager which is one of the conspiracy theories going round. 

18 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

I think for those reasons alone most are willing to give him more time.  No one is kidding themselves that is enjoyable at the moment. Cocu has shown nothing but loyalty and a desire to do the best for the club, not just the first team but the whole club. No one since Nigel gave a fig about anything other than their own career. I feel we owe that time to Cocu, who is the first manager to actually buy into Mel's vision.

A fine sentiment. #COYR

Just now, Curtains said:

Mate RD got us on at same time once years ago.  Always thought you were a strong good caller.  Yes I miss Craig Ramage my mate  Eric is a nice guy though. 

Really? Must’ve been a while back. I was on a few times when Colin Bloomfield was presenting. He used to email me to talk about posts I’d made. Not sure I’ve been on the phone in since about 2013/14. 

I lost the respect for it when I realised Roger Davies had a different opinion for each audience and didn’t have the integrity to give his true opinion on the radio. 

Archived