A message for anyone saying Cocu out.

Bubbles

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I’ve seen one person say Cocu out? Not sure where this myth that there’s a group of fans baying for blood is coming from. Maybe on Twitter, but no one on there is sane enough to be worth paying attention to. There’s been criticism of Cocu, but very little call for immediate change. That criticism is justified imo. Things need to improve, simple as. You can have all the “long term planning” that you want, but if you don’t deliver some semblance of short term results in the mean time, then what’s the point? 

No one is expecting miracles, hell, I’m not even expecting top 6 this season. I’m just expecting better results and performances than we’ve seen so far. And most importantly, I’m expecting some progress in fixing our weaknesses. The second half yesterday was much better overall, but our defensive frailties are still there. I want to see much more progress in the next couple of months.

13 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

He has to and will go this season if the football is boring. We can not afford to lose 5000+ fans. People will need a reason to return to matches next season. Many won't bother if we are boring. 

Totally not true boring and winning and the ground is full football fans may say they want entertaining football what they really mean is we want to win and entertainment comes second. 

7 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I think I’ve seen one person say Cocu out? Not sure where this myth that there’s a group of fans baying for blood is coming from. Maybe on Twitter, but no one on there is sane enough to be worth paying attention to. There’s been criticism of Cocu, but very little call for immediate change. That criticism is justified imo. Things need to improve, simple as. You can have all the “long term planning” that you want, but if you don’t deliver some semblance of short term results in the mean time, then what’s the point? 

No one is expecting miracles, hell, I’m not even expecting top 6 this season. I’m just expecting better results and performances than we’ve seen so far. And most importantly, I’m expecting some progress in fixing our weaknesses. The second half yesterday was much better overall, but our defensive frailties are still there. I want to see much more progress in the next couple of months.

Agreed there hasn’t been much calling for his head.  With no crowd to be booing that sort of pressure is gone but there must be a concern brewing with Mel?  I think we desperately need a win against Blackburn.

1 minute ago, Rambalin said:

Totally not true boring and winning and the ground is full football fans may say they want entertaining football what they really mean is we want to win and entertainment comes second. 

You think everyone will return next season after not being allowed to go this season or skipping this season, even if the football is boring? 

I've spoken to a few season ticket holders who aren't bothering this season and have said exactly this. People who have had a season ticket 10/15/20 years. These kind of fans are hard to replace. 

The ground is always quite full up because they've paid their money upfront for the season. 

We are talking about a completely different set of dynamics now. They need a good reason to return. I worry what the club's strategy is. They can't be complacent. 

9 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Agreed there hasn’t been much calling for his head.  With no crowd to be booing that sort of pressure is gone but there must be a concern brewing with Mel?  I think we desperately need a win against Blackburn.

I just had another quick look at the fixture list ?

4 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Yeah great isn’t it.  I have already posted the gumps game looks pivotal.  It is possible that the wendies could catch us by the end of October 

3 of these games now being on Sky doesn't help. It's more fuel to the fire if we struggle to get points and or play well. 

We've  probably got to beat Blackburn and Huddersfield and put on a good show against Forest. 

42 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

He has to and will go this season if the football is boring. We can not afford to lose 5000+ fans. People will need a reason to return to matches next season. Many won't bother if we are boring. 

All depends on how you define boring and what results are achieved. 

It may not be quite what any of us want but, if even if we played pretty drab football, only managed to finish in the top half and not seriously threaten a play off challenge I doubt very much if he would be sacked or we’d lose 5000+ fans.

Archived