The Rampage

Geriatram

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Understandable currently, surely not permanent though? 

It seems permanent...

The club is aware that the match programme is considered by some supporters as being part of the tradition of attending fixtures, but despite numerous efforts over the years to increase its appeal, sales have been steadily dwindling to the point that it’s no longer commercially viable.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2020/09/rams-to-launch-new-monthly-magazine-for-202021-campaign

I’ve still hundreds tucked away despite a fellow Ram taking many off my hands. I only have a quick glance once in a blue moon and any game I’ve gone to last few years I’ve not bothered so I’m good with this. My eco head says that’s a lot of virgin pulp saved too. Progress ?

As a 'Premier' season ticket holder, I'm currently entitled to a "free" programme for every home league game.

I realise that the actual "free" means I've already paid for it within the season ticket package I have, i.e. Toyota/West Stand, front row, adjacent to the directors seats.

What are the chances of receiving a refund from my season ticket, e.g. 23 home games x £3 = £69?

You'll probably get the magazine instead.

We gave up buying the programmes a few seasons ago as too much filler and the articles were coming out on the website a few days later.

What I really missed from them were the player stats as I think that section of our website is useless! 

However, I think that this magazine will tempt me back into buying, especially if the interviews are more in depth and they don't repeat them on the website for free.

Although I'm a collector of Derby programmes (and other memorabilia), I understand the club's position on this. I see very few fans at games holding or reading a programme. Society has changed and information is consumed in a different way to the pre-internet days so clubs are now being forced to adapt. It's a shame, but unfortunately this decision has been coming for a few years. 

On a more positive note, a programme and memorabilia programme fair is being held at Nunsfield Social Club on Sunday 6 September from 10.30am. Details below.derby.thumb.jpg.ec0060f53c4bfba73dc1279b17de28c3.jpg

Not brought a programme for many years but it actually feels a little sad, an end of an era. The boyhood memories of proudly clutching your programme after crushing through the crowd to the on pitch programme seller....programmmmmmmm, offffficial programmmmmmm...........

Then the ridiculous Ram newspaper ones in the 70's, by the time you'd got them home, rolled up, soggy, ripped or damaged from a futile attempt to use them as a Millwall brick, there wasn't much left. I did once have a stack in reasonable condition but they ended up stored in a box in the garage and got damp.

Later taking my lad and seeing his face light up when presented with a glossy magazine with facts and figures and shiny pics of his favourite players, seeing the same thrill on his face that I would have had on mine.

I will miss seeing the sellers outside Pride Park but I'm as much to blame as anyone for not buying them anymore.

Its doubtful I'll purchase the new monthly tbh but I probably would want one if I was a kid!

I’d get a free one too. Never really looked at it.
On the walk back from the ground I would sometimes pick out a kid away fan to give it to. 
i hoped it would make their day a bit more memorable, and make Derby County more popular with fans of other clubs.

It’s a shame but match day programmes have become so bland as to be virtually unreadable. I remember reading The Ram in the 80’s when there would be all kinds of weird and wonderful club related content. Anyone remember the amount of time spent trying to remove the gypsy curse from the BBG? There were weekly updates in the programme about that!!

At one time we got kicked out of Europe as a consequence of our payments to Dave Mackay for his column in the programme!

actually I might have read it if keogh had been given a column last season ?

Archived