The Rampage

Geriatram

Going to miss the match day programmes always brought one as a souvenir of the game rather a read. Truth is the last time I really took a good look at a home programme was back in around 2002 when they had a where's Rammie feature. Which was a tiny picture of Rammie hidden randomly somewhere on one of the pages. Finding Rammie was often more interesting than the game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been subscribing to the matchday programme since the mid 70's.

I have every Derby programme since I started supporting the Rams in the late 60's.

Bit gutted really but I can see why they would stop production if sales are falling and now it is not compulsory to produce a matchday programme.

I pay up front at the start of each season so Ignition publishing should be offering a refund for the missed games or will they be sending out the new magazine?

Not seen anything about the new monthly magazine. Anyone out there with any contact details?

Thanks in advance.

6 hours ago, angieram said:

Did anyone else order the Rampage magazine? If so, has it arrived yet? 

We took out a subscription which included postage, it was put yesterday so expected it to arrive this morning but it hasn't. 

I had an email today saying mine had been despatched and will be delivered by Hermes. The tracking link says it will be delivered no later than the 18th.

Only just got around to having a look at this new mag.  It seems to be pretty good till you look closer.  I read the Owen Bradley review of the 2019/20 season.  It's either censored or badly edited.  The article even finishes mid sentence.  I'm no journo but have a look.

1 hour ago, SKHunter said:

Only just got around to having a look at this new mag.  It seems to be pretty good till you look closer.  I read the Owen Bradley review of the 2019/20 season.  It's either censored or badly edited.  The article even finishes mid sentence.  I'm no journo but have a look.

The article doesn't end mid-sentence. The last words ("for sure") have been covered by the image ? 

That is pretty rubbish, though!

The matchday programme was a bit of ritual for me & my dad when going to the match. I'd buy it and he'd take it home with him & then give it to me the next time I saw him.

A bit sad, maybe but I can't honestly say I ever spent much time reading the thing. A quick scan through & pause over the stats pages & then into the recycling.

What's the page-count and the advertisement content of the new magazine?

The RAM got to be about 45% adverts, if you counted the large amount of page footage used on promotion guff.

As an occasional article contributor,  it's a fact that over the recent decade, suggestions about new content was fielded by the club's media contacts that the publication was 'tight for space' and items submitted didn't appear. (No, they weren't crap articles!!)

Deferring just a page or two of adverts for genuine new fan-made content wouldn't have gone amiss, but alas it was resisted, to the detriment of actual football content and VFM. 

12 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Been home long enough to drink half a bottle of lager though. And is that poor dog wearing your underwear again?

Opened it at her mums, dogs wearing a harness just not took it off yet as too excited by The Rampage arriving ?

Archived