Samuel Grandsir

Black ('n' White) Sheep

11 minutes ago, MikeS said:

If we are going to get wingers, we surely need someone to convert the chances. No sign of anything on that front at the moment which is worrying especially since Martin's departure. I don't see Lawrence as the answer upfront in whatever position.

Tbf I'd have a lot more faith in Marriott if his # of chances per game ramped up.

We were told by P'boro fans when he came that despite his goalscoring record he wasn't very clinical. We disregarded that as he (and our team in general tbh) was quite clinical during Lampard's season; but I think we're seeing there was truth behind that opinion.

He's good at getting himself into positions to score; its just that our 'creators' only find him in those positions, as it stands, once or twice a game. If that went up to 4 or 5 a game, due to signing these aggressive wingers, his scoring record would, you could imagine, be very good.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

Tbf I'd have a lot more faith in Marriott if his # of chances per game ramped up.

We were told by P'boro fans when he came that despite his goalscoring record he wasn't very clinical. We disregarded that as he (and our team in general tbh) was quite clinical during Lampard's season; but I think we're seeing there was truth behind that opinion.

He's good at getting himself into positions to score; its just that our 'creators' only find him in those positions, as it stands, once or twice a game. If that went up to 4 or 5 a game, due to signing these aggressive wingers, his scoring record would, you could imagine, be very good.

Fair point about Marriott but also the championship defenders are better than the league one defenders. I also think he needs space to attack the goal and you rarely get any especially when we play one up front 

7 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Strongly disagree with your CF statement, but that’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it. 
Even if you’re wrong ?????

Lol

Has he ever played CF ... bar a fleeting we’ve got nothing else last 5 - 10 mins of one or two games?

when u say CF do u mean the guy in the middle of the 3 Behind the front man?

Or genuinely the focal point of our attack ???

the latter he’s hardly ever played that for us so I’m not sure how u can gage that 

He’s been played many a time in that amc role where he has indeed thrived 

10 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Lol

Has he ever played CF ... bar a fleeting we’ve got nothing else last 5 - 10 mins of one or two games?

when u say CF do u mean the guy in the middle of the 3 Behind the front man?

Or genuinely the focal point of our attack ???

the latter he’s hardly ever played that for us so I’m not sure how u can gage that 

He’s been played many a time in that amc role where he has indeed thrived 

Focal point, bringing in the overlapping Sibley and linking with Super Jack too

25 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

I’m just thinking ..

swansea away being a typical moment of lawrence at his best 

centrally picking up the ball, driving with it, unleashing a cracking shot 

ie moving onto the ball

not holding Off a centre forward,  making it stick, laying it off 

ie being a focal point ala Martin 

53 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

This has got an 'Abdoul Camara' sort of vibe to it and that's fine by me. I do enjoy a wildcard player.

He was brilliant for five minutes in the Cup against Hartlepool, but the truth is he wasn't even the best Camara to play for the club in recent times, never mind the best winger.

41 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

If Lawrence is the focal point Jack won’t be playing, if he’s behind Jack then Sibley won’t be playing!

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Christ That isn’t bad is it 

many more tips while ur at it ....?

from one rams fan to another ? 

problem is, everyone who i'd target hasn't been IPO'd yet. Was dying for Tomori when he was on loan with us but took em best part of a year after that to get him on. That's why my interest has waned really

Grandsir at 37p will be worth a dabble if he comes, couple of decent games and he'll double in price.

His is just such a fantastic name ! Headline writers dream. And at 37p it’s cheaper than the DET. 

We need a striker called Bullet and a midfield enforcer called Hardman.

Just not the Goalie who never made the big time .. Conan Fodder

1 hour ago, YorkshireRam said:

problem is, everyone who i'd target hasn't been IPO'd yet. Was dying for Tomori when he was on loan with us but took em best part of a year after that to get him on. That's why my interest has waned really

Grandsir at 37p will be worth a dabble if he comes, couple of decent games and he'll double in price.

Yer I get that 

had the same myself with a couple of ipos...

like the idea as u say but some cheap as chips ones 

got some Johnny of wolves .. Johnny Castro is it

cheap as chips atm got him for about 32p  ... hoping as time goes his value will rise... I mean  Portuguese international,  Premiership midfielder, played loads last year ... should certainly rise With a goal or assist or two  

2 hours ago, Taribo said:

If Lawrence is the focal point Jack won’t be playing, if he’s behind Jack then Sibley won’t be playing!

As I said to @Ted McMinn Football GeniusI just don’t recall under cocu where Lawrence has been used in the cf role ahead of waghorn, Martin and Marriott 

coming from deep centrally ..yes

drifting In off The flank ..yes 

Leading the line ....??? I think he did it once for a final 10 minutes on one game where we just trying to get energy onto the pitch ... want to say against hull Or boro at home But I might be wrong

but by that stage of the game we were just defending and chasing it down

certainly don’t recall any other times Lawrence has been our main front man with others trying to play off him 

but hey im sleep Deprived so maybe Iv made it all up ?

17 minutes ago, Longeatonram2020 said:

Personally think Marriott struggles to get in goal scoring positions and find himself opportunities in matches compared to Waghorn. With a couple of decent wingers I think Waghorn will be the one to prosper, unless Cocu pulls a quality striker out the bag. 

Waghorn does tend to get that one golden chance per game - he missed a lot of those last season as well 

Archived