Who is going to be this seasons surprise package?

RamLad1884

1 hour ago, Gisby said:

Festy Ebosele

Watch him several times in the 18s & 23s on ramstv last season. Looks to me like he has all the attributes, just needs to carry them into the first team squad and keep on developing. Hopefully in the right hands ref the management team to do so. ?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got to be either Buchanan or Whittaker for me. I’m gonna go with the former - based on pre season, I reckon Cocu might fancy him at LB ahead of our other options. Wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him start against Reading and end up making a lot more appearances than people think.

Connor Dixon.  Saw him in a number of games where he was a dominant force in midfield.  An injury kept him out for quite a while, so he has fallen off the radar for many, but what i saw from him was impressive, a powerhouse midfielder, strong in every department.

2 hours ago, ramit said:

Connor Dixon.  Saw him in a number of games where he was a dominant force in midfield.  An injury kept him out for quite a while, so he has fallen off the radar for many, but what i saw from him was impressive, a powerhouse midfielder, strong in every department.

Didn’t Dixon leave of his own accord? May be mixing him up with another lad

The two players who have really impressed me in the pre-season highlights are Tyree Wilson and Marko borkovic.

wilson looks to have made big strides in his development,

i hope to see him step up alongside sibley and knight at some point before too long.

i think borkovic is the mystery left back who scored With that curling shot from the edge of the box. Ok it’s only snippets but he looks very good. Max lowe better step up fast because he could soon have buchanan and borkovic snapping at his heels. 

I agree that Ibrahim Has played well. liam thompson looks promising too. 
we seem to be producing a crop of talented midfielders. 
Keep them all!

18 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

I'd love it to be Trialist. Can't remeber the last time we got a striker through the ranks. Studge, probably.

Me too. He's such a hard worker and took a big risk backing himself to come to Derby and make a fresh start.

1 hour ago, Jram said:

Didn’t Dixon leave of his own accord? May be mixing him up with another lad

I think you are fella. 

Connor Dixon is a midfield dynamo, reminds me of Paul Scholes with his enthusiastic approach to the game.

As said, coming back from a lay off, but involved again this pre season.

I listened to the Rams Review podcast earlier, when the coach agreed attitude equals altitude. This lad has attitude in spades, the right kind mind. It may not be enough for us, hard to tell, but he'll definitely make some sort of career in the game.

Archived