v Barrow (H) Match Thread

Day

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, sage said:

Piss Poor.

As it seems none of our injured players (maybe Bogle) will be available for Reading, we are desperate for at least 1 more addition. 

Bogle?

um.....who’s going to tell him? 

4 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Are we allowed to analyse you as a poster the same way you analyse the team?

Pointless, repetitive, boring, contributes nothing and should be embarrassed by his overall performance. We'd should sell him to someone like Barrow, only they probably wouldn't even want him.

No. They're only interested in ex alfreton town players who didnt stand out in the conference north. You analyse it then. ?When it's not toss, I'll say it isnt but it always is. 

10 minutes ago, Xlor said:

Theres no argument anymore. 100%, undeniably, absolutely toss. 1-11. If anyone says I'm wrong this time, you dont know what a footballer looks like. Some of it was embarrassing. Wisdom at no.10? What an absolute joke. Even he was laughing. 

Ahhh. Toss. Your favourite word again (yes, your stalker is back).

What did Roos do wrong to be included in your criticism? 

3 minutes ago, Jayram said:

It just saps my confidence to watch a performance like that. Literally nothing different from the grindingly dull football that got us nowhere last season. No attacking threat, no quality in the final third. So ducking fed up of it.

It's going to be a long season!

Just now, Andicis said:

Buchanan, Bird, Whittaker and Roos were all good. Looked better when we binned off 5 at the back. 

I’d add Clarke and Te Weirik to that as well. The latter looks to have a decent long range pass on him. Marriott was awful, Knight anonymous and Sibley was well out of position.

1 minute ago, Xlor said:

No. They're only interested in ex alfreton town players who didnt stand out in the conference north. You analyse it then. ?When it's not toss, I'll say it isnt but it always is. 

If it's always toss then why don't you make better use of your time and not watch?

Just now, Tamworthram said:

Ahhh. Toss. Your favourite word again (yes, your stalker is back).

What did Roos do wrong to be included in your criticism? 

2-11 then. I'll give him a bit of credit for the pens. Toss all last season though.

Injuries to waggy and Lawrence. Rooney our. Losing Martin. Soft embargo and waiting for the efl decision. These have meant we’re short of numbers up front and on the wings. Also it’s obvious we have to sell to buy so again like the last so many seasons were behind where we would like to be. Can’t blame the manager. As he said in a recent interview he’s playing five at the back as that’s where the depth in the squad is at the moment 

8 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Give some credit to Barrow. They were set up superbly today.

2 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Expect others to do the same as Barrow, do we give them all credit or accept we need to strengthen up front, because right now we are toothless even with a few missing.

Not hard though when everything is in front of you. 

I think a lot of the time teams have 11 men behind the ball purely because even a cripple would get back goal side of our attacks. 

We encourage compact defending. We do nothing to discourage. No reason to press hard. Just send us back packing. 

When crosses come from the deeper angles, longer balls in behind or there's width and fast switching of the play then there's a reason to break shape. 

It's like we're playing draughts and hoping all the pieces fall into our traps. There's surely got to be some bait. Some misdirection. 

Even though we aren't built for hoofball look at how some of our goals and chances have come from it. Today most our best attacks came from pretty poor direct deliveries. Suddenly Barrow started having to close down wider and faster. That brought Marriott and Sib- er Wisdom into the game.

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Yes, Whittaker came on for clarke and we went to 4 at the back.

Not sure we did. Looked to me as if Buchanan was left wing back and Whittaker was on the right flank. Otherwise I'd have thought Cocu would have left Clarke on instead of Forsyth. MTW Evans and Forsyth were the 3. 

Whittaker was essentially a winger as we weren't doing any defending, but there was definitely a back 3.

Archived