20/21 Notts Bottlers Thread

Day

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, David said:

You know what Forest really need don't you?.......That's right, another signing

He may be the Cypriot Messi for all I know, but what does it say to the existing players that he's considered an improvement, especially as they finished 7th last season? Their recruitment strategy (such as it is) is just bewildering 

9 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Not sure ( apart from cross transfers to Greece ) how these haven't smashed FFP yet , they must be very close if not or perhaps there are 40 odd players being invited to a "bakery visit " 

Arter is a good signing,  Freeman was a good signing . Colback a 50/50.  However they all play the same role . They also bought some bloke from Sweden who plays the same roll.  They also have sow and Watson and Yates who play similiar roles- maybe a bit deeper .  That's a lot of players for two/three positions and probably 130 k a week in wages . Forgot that Silva bloke - have the Greek parent club bought him for 10 million yet.

50 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I was gonna say this seems crazy with clubs having so much difficulty selling in this market and the introduction of the squad cap.

Aren't they at 40 or something? That's 15 players they're not allowed to register ?

If one takes their first team squad to be all players given a squad number, plus the three players over 23 under contract who have not been given squad numbers, their total squad stands at 37 players.

EFL rules state that "under 21" players are exempt from being included, with their definition of an "under 21" player being a player that is not on loan from another club and was born on or after January 1st 1999, so that means Loic Mbe Soh, Alex Mighten, Brennan Johnson and George Shelvey aren't included in the squad list, but that still leaves them with, at present, 33 players to fit onto a squad list of 25. 

Doing the same with Derby, we have 30 players given squad numbers, plus FloJo makes 31, with Max Bird, Louie Sibley, Morgan Whittaker, Lee Buchanan, Jason Knight, Jordan Brown, Harrison Solomon and Ola Ibrahim all not counting towards the squad list, making a squad of 23.

19 minutes ago, JfR said:

Doing the same with Derby, we have 30 players given squad numbers, plus FloJo makes 31, with Max Bird, Louie Sibley, Morgan Whittaker, Lee Buchanan, Jason Knight, Jordan Brown, Harrison Solomon and Ola Ibrahim all not counting towards the squad list, making a squad of 23.

I've only got us down for 20 over 21's

Roos, Marshall, Ravas

Clarke, te Wierik, Davies, Forsyth, Wisdom, Byrne

Bielik, Shinnie, Evans, Holmes, Rooney

Lawrence, Jozwiak, Ibe, Jozefzoon

Marriott, Waghorn

2 minutes ago, David said:

I've only got us down for 20 over 21's

Roos, Marshall, Ravas

Clarke, te Wierik, Davies, Forsyth, Wisdom, Byrne

Bielik, Shinnie, Evans, Holmes, Rooney

Lawrence, Jozwiak, Ibe, Jozefzoon

Marriott, Waghorn

I'm also including Shonibare, Idem and Hector-Ingram, since they've all been given squad numbers since the initial squad number announcement. The latter two are both 21, but aren't 21 by the EFL's definition.

3 hours ago, JfR said:

I'm also including Shonibare, Idem and Hector-Ingram, since they've all been given squad numbers since the initial squad number announcement. The latter two are both 21, but aren't 21 by the EFL's definition.

You missed Wassall and Bateman who have to be included (rules state no over age player can be excluded from the 25 man limit iirc)

2 minutes ago, David said:

Macron think it’s grey, Forest lilac. Weird

Deffo grey. Weird that they've chosen to alter the colour balance of it in a photoshoot dedicated to it.

Archived