Jack Stamps trophy - official POTS vote now open

rynny

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, sage said:

c) Having the best goal/Assist per minute rate in the league

Is that still true? Impressive if so.

Remember seeing it a few weeks back on a graphic but obviously things can change each week as goals go in.

1 minute ago, David said:

I like that idea a lot, possibly too late to gain any traction though sadly.

Obviously you would have better connections to the right people at the club -i'm assuming. If you want to put it forward as a suggestion feel free.  Even though votes will have been cast, i'm sure people wouldn't mind .If it's too late -it probably is- not to worry.

Still don’t know. 

Holmes was leading before lockdown for me. 

Rooney had a monumental impact but looked knackered at the end .

Martin’s joint top scorer and top assister despite only playing 51% of minutes. 

Clarke’s been a solid 7 all season.

Lawrence has ten goals from the wing. 

Waghorn’s joint top scorer and stretches play. 

All depends what you feel is more important

Martin’s revival story is by the far the best if you base it on emotion. Worked his way back in and found himself involved in most of the key moments over the season. Only issue is maybe not having the best consistency week in, week out but if you use that as a measuring stick that should rule out Waghorn too I’m afraid.

If you want consistency and reliability then it’s Clarke all day long, performed very well and not given the easy ride that Tomori had with the ever present Keogh next to him. Clarke is a proper defender and been a pleasure to watch.

Both worthy winners but I went with Martin for obvious reasons 

1 hour ago, sage said:

I voted for Clarke on here but Martin on the DCFC site.   Both decisions were tight, but as others have said the Jackie Stamps Trophy going to Martin would be a vote of thanks and a sentimental goodbye.  

oh i forgot to add...he fooked up Forest's season.

It's player of the season, not a long service medal

31 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

It's player of the season, not a long service medal

Its my 4th reason for voting for him after being one of the best players, his goal_assist record and keeping Forest out of the play offs. 

Martin has one of the best goal to games ratios in the league, scored important goals vs Forest, Leeds and the winner against Crystal Palace; all on the back of recovering from a debilitating illness. The bloke loves the club and I'd love to see him win PotS at least once because he's deserved it. 

6 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Martin has one of the best goal to games ratios in the league, scored important goals vs Forest, Leeds and the winner against Crystal Palace; all on the back of recovering from a debilitating illness. The bloke loves the club and I'd love to see him win PotS at least once because he's deserved it. 

Plus he plays some lovely football. #COYR

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

Waghorn might not be our best player but we'd have a lot less points without him. Adds width, willing runner, presses hard and if he only scores half the chances he manages to get then he's in double figures. 

I've been critical in the past and said that we don't create enough chances, but if Waghorn had put the majority of his away then we would've finished in the top six and he would've surpassed 20 goals for sure. For one, he missed two penalties than would've given us 4 more points against two other top six sides. Although, if you look at it now, had Waghorn scored the penalty against Swansea then Forest would've been in the top six. Rooney obvoiusly took over penalty duty once he came in. 

I can remember several others too - Stoke away being very prominent in my mind where that would've given us 2 more points. I do think he has been good this season though, but he could've had a really great season had things gone for him. 

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

I thought Martin should have won it under Mac when Bryson won it. 

He was brilliant. Playmaker, target man, goal scorer... nobody we had could replace him

Me too. Everyone I spoke to voted for him as well. I was mystified when Bryso won it. Good as he was, Martin was better. 

Archived