How many Shaun Barkers would it take...

..to buy Louie Sibley?

Now Jude Bellingham does look an exciting talent and at 17 has a bright future, Dortmund paid 26 million cash up front with future add ons. He scored 4 goals and has 3 assists in 41 appearances this season for Brum.

Sibley has 5 goals and 3 assists in 11 appearances.

I'm thinking the amount of Shaun Barkers it would cost to buy Sibley I dont reckon they would all fit in a mini bus.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bellingham set the market at £25m (upfront I'm led to believe) and then add-ons. 

Sibley is absolutely in the same ball park. This isn't a surprise - he stood out like a sore thumb in the best U18 side in the country last season. He is the first Derby player I've seen come through that has a genuine edge to his game. Hughes was extremely aesthetically pleasing to watch but lacked an edge. Sibley looks as every bit as talented as Mount and he's three(?) years younger. 

He's the best player at this club for my money, quite comfortably too. 

Every game he plays for us, he looks far and away the most likely the make something happen. Every time he gets the ball he's positive and going forward with it. He's got an incredible shot on him, a good passing range and the right amount of aggression to his game. Going to the very top. Hopefully with us.

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

Bellingham set the market at £25m (upfront I'm led to believe) and then add-ons. 

Sibley is absolutely in the same ball park. This isn't a surprise - he stood out like a sore thumb in the best U18 side in the country last season. He is the first Derby player I've seen come through that has a genuine edge to his game. Hughes was extremely aesthetically pleasing to watch but lacked an edge. Sibley looks as every bit as talented as Mount and he's three(?) years younger. 

He's the best player at this club for my money, quite comfortably too. 

Yep, he’s going to be a Premier League star, we need to go up in the next few seasons, otherwise enjoy him whilst we can, because this lad is going to be worth more than Bellingham. He’s our Jack Grealish in my opinion, like him local lad, wears the shirt with pride and he’ll stick with us as long as we progress him.

Genuinely believe he’s destined for a superstar career.

That Bellingham transfer has potentially created a massive shift in the valuations of championship players with potential. Before that deal happened I’d have probably only pegged Sibley around the 2-3m mark because of his lack of senior appearances. But it now appears that doesn’t matter anymore. So who knows what he’s worth now!

Either way up mind, he’s only gonna go up in value if he keeps playing the way he is. A full season banging in 15+ goals would see his value at least double, probably even triple. We’d be mental to sell at this point in time.

8 hours ago, RamNut said:

He must worth 4.5 barkers max. 
Very overrated.

nothing to see here.

knight is overrated too

?

On the subject of Knight.

Again, Bellingham scored 4 and 3 assists in 41 games.

Knight has scored 6 goals and 1 assist in 31 games and this is his first season.

I love the fact Knight goes under the radar, just quietly doing his thing. 

38 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

On the subject of Knight.

Again, Bellingham scored 4 and 3 assists in 41 games.

Knight has scored 6 goals and 1 assist in 31 games and this is his first season.

I love the fact Knight goes under the radar, just quietly doing his thing. 

1809 mins in the league for Knight, 2710 for Bellingham.

The argument Birmingham fans try to make is that Bellingham has played mostly as a DM. However, he's still had 51 shots this season. In our squad, only Lawrence and Waghorn have had more. Knights had 28 shots and Sibley 20.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The argument Birmingham fans try to make is that Bellingham has played mostly as a DM. However, he's still had 51 shots this season. In our squad, only Lawrence and Waghorn have had more. Knights had 28 shots and Sibley 20.

51 shots for like 4 goals is it? Not sure they should be crowing about that stat!

He’s clearly very good. Dortmund rarely get this stuff wrong. Bellingham is only 17 a few weeks ago to boot, even Louie is nearly 2 years older. 

That said, if Louie has a similar impact through next season I can’t see how he won’t be getting linked with £20m moves. 

10 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Looking at these stats for next season has given me confidence we can have a Mac 1 season. Just a little bit more creativity and allowing the team to gel with a full pre season. 

21 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Yep, he’s going to be a Premier League star, we need to go up in the next few seasons, otherwise enjoy him whilst we can, because this lad is going to be worth more than Bellingham. He’s our Jack Grealish in my opinion, like him local lad, wears the shirt with pride and he’ll stick with us as long as we progress him.

Genuinely believe he’s destined for a superstar career.

I can see him emulating Grealish and garnering a load of hate from opposition fans too.

21 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

That Bellingham transfer has potentially created a massive shift in the valuations of championship players with potential. Before that deal happened I’d have probably only pegged Sibley around the 2-3m mark because of his lack of senior appearances. But it now appears that doesn’t matter anymore. So who knows what he’s worth now!

Either way up mind, he’s only gonna go up in value if he keeps playing the way he is. A full season banging in 15+ goals would see his value at least double, probably even triple. We’d be mental to sell at this point in time.

Man Utd paid £15 mill for Daniel James, Sessegnon went to spurs for £25 mil, Maddison went to Leicester for £20 mill, Che Adams £15 mill. You only need one season under your belt now for the big teams to start looking your way.

English teams have been splashing the cash for a while, but if the Germans are joining in as well it could really help to push values up. Definitely agree that we'd be mad to sell at this point though. 

1 hour ago, Dimmu said:

Grealish is worse than Grealish, he is Bamford. 

Stop right there, not having that. Nobody but Bamford, is a Bamford. Grealish has more skill too, that said he’s close, still there only one Bamford ?

Archived