Preseason 2020/21

RoyMac5

I know it’s pre season - all about fitness etc - but maybe the club could say why we’re not playing Sibley, Waghorn, Holmes, Lawrence - and if it is injuries - approx when they’ll be back (and Bielik). 

transfer wise - Marshall and Clarke feels a very good start, and hope we’ll see Te Wierik, Clarke and Marshall playing together soon. 

Am taking the exclusion of Jozefzoon to mean something’s happening on his departure as with Malone. Am taking the inclusion of Bennett to suggest the opposite. 

Can’t wait for real football to start.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Is Buchanan overtaking Lowe do you think?

He's clearly ahead of Malone and Forsyth in the left back pecking order

I think Forsyth is just keeping Clark’s spot warm whilst I like Buchanan I think left back will be a job share again this season

Well, season over already after that. And why aren’t the club providing minute by minute coverage of every player’s health, and why aren’t they justifying all of their selections for these important matches? I demand to know! And why haven’t we signed more than three players? And why isn’t Cocu speaking to the press at least once an hour on the hour? Doesn’t he know I refresh Twitter regularly and expect new content every time?

Disgrace.

The way we play we definitely need that centre forward who can hold the ball up and play others in, whilst Martin has disappeared we may be able to offer a bit more to him now that we are not in an embargo because we certainly need a decent option up front.

Well we definitely need some creativity going forward, but we all knew that already.

Be interesting to see which wide player/players we end up getting in. The club have said they've been looking in that specific area since last summer, so I'd be shocked if things weren't already going on behind the scenes now our 'soft embargo' has been lifted.

A centre-forward that can hold up play and bring those attacking midfielders into play could be key to challenging too IMO. Personally, I hope we're not going to just go with what we have.

It may only be pre-season and last season didn't finish so long ago. But it is shocking just how poor we are with crosses and to top it off more goals from losing the ball outside our own box. So many sides have many flaws. We've got two to fix and we'd make play offs easily. I've said it in the past regarding other managers and flaws. I think it's time they recruited a coach to fix our issue with crosses. In house coaching isn't working regarding dealing with crosses. 

3 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

It may only be pre-season and last season didn't finish so long ago. But it is shocking just how poor we are with crosses and to top it off more goals from losing the ball outside our own box. So many sides have many flaws. We've got two to fix and we'd make play offs easily. I've said it in the past regarding other managers and flaws. I think it's time they recruited a coach to fix our issue with crosses. In house coaching isn't working regarding dealing with crosses. 

We need to get Count Dracular in as a defensive coach!

32 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Fozzy switched off a bit for their first.
Looked to be more hunger from Whittaker to be involved more.
Bogle beaten in the air for the 2nd.
Davies not knowing how to play out from the back resulted in the third.

Lawrence, Sibley and Waghorn walk into our best team at the moment. It's not surprising we're struggling to score without them.

Just now, Coconut said:

Lowe letting in a cross, Bogle getting beat at the back post, the opposition scoring the subsequent header... I haven't missed that!

AND who's clever idea were the new shirt number designs? Terrible!

01.JPG.332d49ef53f87b3f50bdaa65150d499d.JPG02.JPG.1ff456d0f9f7b31e5b64c98a65da1d67.JPG

Bogle was left with 2 men to mark tbf. 

The EFL decide on the number designs, all clubs will be using the same. 

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/july/efl-and-mind-reveal-new-names-and--numbers-design/

The moment Bogle is shipped out the better ...wait for it ???? Oh he’s young he’s learning blah blah yaaaawn ! Had enough ...this lad will NEVER be a top player at this level and I will stand by that ....lacks desire to defend and NEVER learns from his errors .....please get rid if possible 

4 minutes ago, S8TY said:

The moment Bogle is shipped out the better ...wait for it ???? Oh he’s young he’s learning blah blah yaaaawn ! Had enough ...this lad will NEVER be a top player at this level and I will stand by that ....lacks desire to defend and NEVER learns from his errors .....please get rid if possible 

You say he'll never be a top player at this level but if he's going anywhere he's going to the prem lol

Archived