Cardiff City (A) - Matchday Thread

Sean

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I maintain my position that Roos is one of the most talented shot-stoppers I've seen. If his faults were just a little less prominent he'd have been too good for the Champ for years already. 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

For me Martin needs to be only a 45 min or sub from now on if he stays but we will need 4 very good championship strikers 

I get what you mean but I’m not ready to write off Jack yet and Waggy does his bit, but yes we need a killer and some cover at the sharp end 

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Sibley is the only one who really looks like he's causing Cardiff problems, Martin should have got that shot off first time or much faster, let it fizzle out. 

Surprised Martin didn't try to win a penalty when the initial Cardiff defender dangled a leg.

1 minute ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

Bit of criticism that half, but the lads woke up and gave it a good go. All to play for second half. 

To those bashing Knight, at least he is involved and made amends. Lawrence has been invisible so far... these are the games he needs to step up.

Incoming Lawrence 30 yard screamer second half ??

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I don’t think we need 4 strikers for 1 position...

I do - we have martin( maybe) Waghorn and Marriott plus one more and all of them are frequently unavailable and I would to be able to have 2 of them on the pitch at the same time when we need it 

1 minute ago, jono said:

I get what you mean but I’m not ready to write off Jack yet and Waggy does his bit, but yes we need a killer and some cover at the sharp end 

I haven’t- we need those two plus maybe Martin and one more 

Just got to get sibbo and knighty running at them in their final third. They look terrifed when we do it as we seem to go past their players easily at times. Will either get a shot off or draw the foul. Clarke looking solid again. Simple.

We were rubbish slow and boring up to the drink break. Much better after, moved the ball quicker and caused some problems with our movement. Still worry we feel we’d rather pass it back to the GK from the oppositions 18yrd area than gamble and cross the ball. 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

I maintain my position that Roos is one of the most talented shot-stoppers I've seen. If his faults were just a little less prominent he'd have been too good for the Champ for years already. 

That’s like saying about QB that ‘he can throw as good a long pass as an QB I know, but if he didn’t throw interceptions he’d be great’

Roos just isn’t the complete package.

He was as bas as Hamer when he was dropped.

But stopping shots looks spectacular whereas holding back on your line because you’re fearful of catching the ball looks mundane.

Credit to him today as of now, but he’s a long way from being too good for this division.

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

If he keeps this up I wouldn’t bother buying a new keeper. I thought his time here was up, especially once Hamer seemed updroppable.

Archived