Which positions would you like to see us strengthen this summer?

Day

Summer Targets  

149 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
35 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Call me a little green but I think he still wants to chip in. 

I think he will have plenty of drive, and will putt in lots of effort 

Goalkeeper who is good enough is a must a centre half who is quicker than Clarke a right wide midfielder/ winger who attacks the byeline crosses the ball to our team and scores goals and a centre forward who would be quick strong and scores goals which are Damm hard to find ( in addition to having Marriott and Martin and waghorn ) obviously if we sell some we would need a plan to replace them 

Goalkeeper, winger and a striker if Martin leaves (which I think he will) 

We could go further than that but I just don't think we will spend very much unless someone leaves. Maybe we will cash in on Bogle, that would probably change the targets..

Goalkeeper big time tho

19 hours ago, David said:

I voted RB without selling Bogle, he needs real competition for his place which we don’t have. 

It’s also a worry if he picked up a long term injury. 

We have Wisdom, but I prefer him at CB

i'd love to see Ebosele come through. Heard big things 

GK is obvious. No chance we sign Hamer permanently (even before his errors vs. Brentford), and it doesn't appear Carson will be staying, so a new no1 is paramount.

RB - especially as Bogle is the obvious cash cow, but even then he'll need some competition.

RW - An actual right wing player, not a converted striker/midfielder please.

23 hours ago, angieram said:

Given that I don't think we're going to be spending big, I have gone for GK, CB and RW.

Would be more than happy for the CB to be Clarke again.

Feel we need some additional creative attacking flair, would free Waghorn up to challenge for that CF position. 

A good goalkeeper is a must. I would like to see someone solid and consistent there. Important to have a settled understanding with the defence. 

The lady speaks wisely.

Winger x2, GK, centre forward 

Roos played well today and he should stay and compete with a new GK. 

As lack so much pace allowing teams so squeeze up on us. Signing 2 pacey wingers allowed us to play out from the back and go in behind if we need to. Then teams can’t squeeze up on us so we can play that intricate passing game we want to as well as being able to exploit gaps in behind.

We need a striker who can hold onto the ball who isn’t massively slow. Don’t know where that will come from. Potentially keep Martin but who knows.

GK - clearly we need a number 1

RB/LB - I feel that we are fine here, Bogle and Wisdom are good options on the right and on the left we have 3 solid choices. I hope Lowe becomes the first choice left back. 

CB - Think we need 2, for a proper promotion push, Clarke + one other.

Central Midfield - we're fine here

Wingers - we obviously need at least two. I think Holmes, Knight and Waghorn are primarily central players. Lawrence is the only winger we have who is good enough for a promotion push, so 3 options + the central players who can cover should be enough. Having said this, I feel like Zoon will transfer away and inevitably be a world-beater for whoever signs him. 

Strikers - I actually feel we are fine here, despite lots thinking otherwise. Waghorn, Martin and Marriott are very good options at this level, and Rooney can also play here. If we let Martin go, perhaps Hector-Ingram could become the 3rd option. 

2 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

GK - clearly we need a number 1

RB/LB - I feel that we are fine here, Bogle and Wisdom are good options on the right and on the left we have 3 solid choices. I hope Lowe becomes the first choice left back. 

CB - Think we need 2, for a proper promotion push, Clarke + one other. EDIT* - completely forgot about the Dutch bloke, maybe we're fine here with Wisdom too. 

Central Midfield - we're fine here

Wingers - we obviously need at least two. I think Holmes, Knight and Waghorn are primarily central players. Lawrence is the only winger we have who is good enough for a promotion push, so 3 options + the central players who can cover should be enough. Having said this, I feel like Zoon will transfer away and inevitably be a world-beater for whoever signs him. 

Strikers - I actually feel we are fine here, despite lots thinking otherwise. Waghorn, Martin and Marriott are very good options at this level, and Rooney can also play here. If we let Martin go, perhaps Hector-Ingram could become the 3rd option. 

GK - Speak to Man City to see if Zack Steffen is available on loan for the season. Maybe we could agree a future fee upon promotion.

CB - Loan back Matt Clarke if possible.

RW - Throw in a cheeky bid for Abdou Harroui from Sparta Rotterdam before someone in the Prem swoops for him. Really tidy winger with brilliant output. Only in his early 20s so plenty of room to grow. 

ST - I'd look at Cyriel Dessers from the Eredivise. Scored a lot of goals this year, only 25 and wouldn't cost the earth. He holds the ball up well, takes on his man and he's a good finisher.

Steffen/Roos

Bogle/Wisdom   Te Wierik/Wisdom    Clarke/Evans    Forsyth/Lowe

Rooney/Bielik             Bird/Shinnie

Harroui/Waghorn                      Sibley/Knight                 Lawrence/Whittaker

Dessers/Marriott

I feel like Martin won't extend. Malone, Davies and Zoon would be surplus to requirements. 

That would be six academy players plus a few more on the fringes. 

Archived