The future is bright

Day

Lowe, Bogle, Bird, Sibley and Knight

I know it’s not easy to be positive after a defeat but what a future these 5 have. 

They are still learning, but just think how many millions these lot would cost in a year or two. ?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Whilst all decent prospects, we lack pace and penetration. Without, we will struggle against decent teams. 

The sooner a fast front man is signed the better 

7 minutes ago, Bazal77 said:

Il probably get poo for this, but bogle is not good enough. I hope we cash in on him and get a defender in who can defend. 

And rightly so, it's a horrible take. He's still a teenager and has bags of talent. All young players tend to be inconsistent and make mistakes. I hope we don't. 

The future is really exciting, we just need to identify where we haven’t got someone with potential coming through so we can target out key signings. Therefore I would give trialist a run out in the first team until the end of the season, he could be the answer... 

31 minutes ago, David said:

Lowe, Bogle, Bird, Sibley and Knight

I know it’s not easy to be positive after a defeat but what a future these 5 have. 

They are still learning, but just think how many millions these lot would cost in a year or two. ?

Absolutely.

And from those who have watched them more than me, there are other promising youngsters to follow those.

I think the majority appreciate that the academy are doing a fantastic job. Well done to Mel, Darren and the rest.

However, we do need to supplement the kids coming through with established quality signings. Finances will be tight but, hopefully, there will be a few bargains around.

The great thing for me is that we have a calm, measured manager with a considered approach and a plan. I have said many times on here that we are on the cusp of the next great era in the history of our fantastic club. COYR ?

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

And rightly so, it's a horrible take. He's still a teenager and has bags of talent. All young players tend to be inconsistent and make mistakes. I hope we don't. 

Agreed,Hopefully we keep Bogle and we see the best of him next season. I do think he has suffered from a bit of second season syndrome, but the lad has bags of talent. Same with Lowe really. 

10 minutes ago, Bazal77 said:

Il probably get poo for this, but bogle is not good enough. I hope we cash in on him and get a defender in who can defend. 

Bogle needs to play at wing-back with a back 3 behind him.

BTW - agree totally with you, David. Can we please have orange shirt numbers next season ??

7 minutes ago, 48 hours said:

Bogle needs to play at wing-back with a back 3 behind him.

BTW - agree totally with you, David. Can we please have orange shirt numbers next season ??

With the right CB behind him we can continue to play a back 4. We didn’t seem to have these problems with Keogh last season. 
At just 19 there’s a lot for Bogle to learn. Body shape when defending 1-on-1s is high on that list. Forsyth’s very good at this and is certainly someone Bogle could learn from. 

I get that bogle is only 19, and would have loved him to be our right back for the next 15 years, but he cannot defend. He’s been our first choice right back for 2 seasons now, and hasn’t improved defensively, he’s fantastic going forward At times no doubt about it but awful when it comes to defending. I just don’t see a player that wants to defend. It’s not just him the defence in general is not inspirational, but he’s a player we could sell and improve the whole squad. 

6 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Got to say I was hoping the opening line from @Davidwas going to be 'The future's orange'.   What a way to announce the orange forum theme making a welcome return.

We've not won since he took it away ?

Give me a week 

Ok, so where else in the squad are we going to the money to sign a goalkeeper, another defender, two wingers and a striker from??

we are going to have to sell some players, I knew my opinion on bogle would be a controversial one but who else would you sell? Bogle as a defender is a liability, we have been so poor defending crosses for two seasons now, it’s not all his fault I’m aware of that but it hasn’t improved 

7 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Got to say I was hoping the opening line from @Davidwas going to be 'The future's orange'.   What a way to announce the orange forum theme making a welcome return.

We've not won since he took it away ?

Tremendous piece of scape goating. Everyone else has been blamed for our season imploding so it's so refreshing to hear a different view. 

Booooo!!! #DavidOut!!!

6 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Tremendous piece of scape goating. Everyone else has been blamed for our season imploding so it's so refreshing to hear a different view. 

Booooo!!! #DavidOut!!!

Season 1 Nbc GIF by The Office

Archived