Team for next season?

IslandExile

New

Bogle        te Wierik        New(Clarke?)     Lowe

Bielik

Sibley           Bird

New               Martin            Lawrence

Subs: Roos, Wisdom, Forsyth, Shinnie, Knight, Rooney, Holmes, Waghorn, Marriott

4-3-3 allows for flexibility in game. Bielik could drop back and make it 3 at the back. Bird/Rooney could drop back and make it 4-2-3-1.

Rooney's still a class player but can't be expected to play every game.

Still think CM would be brilliant if he had the right support.

Transfers needed in order of importance: 1) Keeper                                                                                                                                                                                                                    2) CB                                                                                                                                                                                                                          3) Winger                                                                                                                                                                                                                    4) Striker (if CM leaves)

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coming around to the idea of a back five. 

New

Bogle - Te Wierik - Wisdom - Bielik  - Lowe

Bird - Rooney - Knight

Sibley

New

Shinnie/Bielik for Rooney

Lawrence for Sibley

Waghorn/Marriott for New

Fozzy/Davies to cover the CB

Wouldn't be surprised to see the U23s switch to 523/343 next season, just as the U18s did for most of the 18/19 season.

Foster
Minkley   Wassall   Cashin
Ebosele   Dixon   JBrown   Charles
Wilson   Trialist   Archie

Subs: Halwax, McDonald, Bateman, LThompson, Shonibare, Cresswell, Stretton

We'll probably set-up in a 4231 instead, with Cresswell AM/SS in place of Wassall or Cashin.

Loans for: Ravas, Yates, Buchanan, JML

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see the U23s switch to 523/343 next season, just as the U18s did for most of the 18/19 season.

Foster
Minkley   Wassall   Cashin
Ebosele   Dixon   JBrown   Charles
Wilson   Trialist   Archie

Subs: Halwax, McDonald, Bateman, Thompson, Shonibare, Cresswell, Stretton

We'll probably set-up in a 4231 instead, with Cresswell AM/SS in place of Wassall or Cashin.

Loans for: Ravas, Yates, Buchanan, JML

It is time for young Wassall to go find himself a club to play for where he can get near the first team he has been here a long time never threatened to break through and even his loan move was not a success.

I know you sometimes keep players longer than necessary to make up the numbers at u23 level but to me all that does is block a space for someone to try and step up.

11 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

It is time for young Wassall to go find himself a club to play for where he can get near the first team he has been here a long time never threatened to break through and even his loan move was not a success.

I know you sometimes keep players longer than necessary to make up the numbers at u23 level but to me all that does is block a space for someone to try and step up.

I get what you mean, but he's not really blocking a space when the only other expected regular CB's are Minkley & Cashin (Bateman too I guess, but he's normally at right back when he plays).

25 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Ordinarily I’d agree with you. Bateman, Shonibare and Cresswell are others I’d like to go out on loans. However, we just don’t have the numbers to do that. Arguably the two most promising and older U23s and who have a small chance of game time in the first team are JML and Buchanan. They’d be high in the loaning our priority list. We then only have enough outfielders in the au23 squad to have a 7 man bench on a good day - some will pick up injuries, some may be included in the occasional 1st team squad.

It’ll take another year for the squads to stabilise, and another on top of that before we start seeing a healthy number going out on loan.

Can’t see us getting anyone to add to our squad tbh. 
so I think our main startlingteam will be. 

Roos

Wisdom  Te Wierlik.   Bielik  Lowe

Rooney   Bird     
    Knight                        Lawrence 
                     Sibley 

Waghorn

With Martin leaving, it makes our squad look even smaller, especially with the other players who we expect to leave (Carson, Mitchell, Malone, Jozefzoon and Bennett)

Senior players: Roos, Wisdom, Te Wierik, Davies, Evans, Fozzy, Rooney, Holmes, Shinnie, Lawrence, Waghorn, Marriott
Inexperienced players: Bogle, Lowe, Buchanan, Bird, Bielik, Knight, Sibley, Whittaker
Very little / no experience: Ravas, JBrown, Trialist

Cocu has a big challenge on his hands next season.

We lost a very steady player up front today in Martin leaving us with the totally unreliable Marriott and I will miss one great chance a game Waghorn which really makes a nonsense of letting Bennett go whilst we have no replacement 

7 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

We lost a very steady player up front today in Martin leaving us with the totally unreliable Marriott and I will miss one great chance a game Waghorn which really makes a nonsense of letting Bennett go whilst we have no replacement 

Couldn’t agree more,I’d expect that cocu badly wanted Martin to stay but he clearly had massive constraints in respect of offer ring him a new contract.

The issue is finding someone out there that A we can afford and B offers anything like the same ability of Chrissie.

Ive been racking my brains but I can’t see anyone who fits that description.

We could do with cloughy junior doing a bit of scouting for us in his spare time,after all Martin came as a free under him and he’s been ok value for money,I would say....

Newman

Doodah   wotsit    thingummy   Laddo

Rooney      Bobbins

trebus        Sibley         Lobotomy 

Wunder-Heffer   

30 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Newman

Doodah   wotsit    thingummy   Laddo

Rooney      Bobbins

trebus        Sibley         Lobotomy 

Wunder-Heffer   

Newman's signed for L**ds mate.

On 28/07/2020 at 14:15, Keepyuppy said:

Can’t see us getting anyone to add to our squad tbh. 
so I think our main startlingteam will be. 

Roos

Wisdom  Te Wierlik.   Bielik  Lowe

Rooney   Bird     
    Knight                        Lawrence 
                     Sibley 

Waghorn

Your the first person to have waggy in the starting 11. He started all 43 matches this season when he was available. Just the 3 matches he missed after the florist sending off. Obviously big Phil rates him. 

7 hours ago, Remy the hare said:

Your the first person to have waggy in the starting 11. He started all 43 matches this season when he was available. Just the 3 matches he missed after the florist sending off. Obviously big Phil rates him. 

Didn't he start the forest game on the bench? 

20 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Couldn’t agree more,I’d expect that cocu badly wanted Martin to stay but he clearly had massive constraints in respect of offer ring him a new contract.

The issue is finding someone out there that A we can afford and B offers anything like the same ability of Chrissie.

Ive been racking my brains but I can’t see anyone who fits that description.

We could do with cloughy junior doing a bit of scouting for us in his spare time,after all Martin came as a free under him and he’s been ok value for money,I would say....

To be fair when clough signed Martin he already had a title winning CV and promotion whilst at Norwich 

16 hours ago, Remy the hare said:

Big Phil?

slim Phil surely??

Has anyone else watched the season review on RamsTV?

You couldn't make it up, but despite everything that happened there are  three absolute positives to take into next year - 

Max Bird

Louie Sibley

And Wayne Rooney. 

I think we'll be fine next season.

5 minutes ago, angieram said:

Has anyone else watched the season review on RamsTV?

You couldn't make it up, but despite everything that happened there are  three absolute positives to take into next year - 

Max Bird

Louie Sibley

And Wayne Rooney. 

I think we'll be fine next season.

Hey... you forgot Knighty!

5 minutes ago, angieram said:

I could have listed more players but for me, they are the standout three in winning games.

I love Knight too and Holmes when fit, is another. Oh, Lawrence etc etc etc! 

And the biggest positive of all.... Cocu is the manager ?

Archived