Test Cricket is Back

sage

2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

It's looking a poor decision right now, you'd expect Asutralia to get a decent first innings lead from here.

I think it was more about bravado than anything else though, wannit? We’re spanking you first ball for four. We’re not letting you bowl us out, we’re declaring. We’re still setting attacking fields even though you’re smacking our spinner about.

I kinda get it, sets the tone for the series. Like bouncing Ponting and nobody caring if he’s okay.

Haven't caught either of the first two days (pulling for Australia, yes I know sorry lol) but was wondering how confident you are that the England bowlers finish up this innings, or do how far into day 3 do you think Australia go before declaring if they're not bowled out?

Came away disappointed and a bit flat yesterday but on reflection I think that was a pretty good day we just missed the opportunities to make it really count. If Broady's no-ball wasn't as so, we'd have had a good hour at the tail with the new ball. Hopefully we don't rue that and the Bairstow bits come Monday. 

Broad with the new ball this morning the most likely outlet to a breakthrough. Tough day yesterday for Anderson and Robinson, didn't seem to give much away but pretty ineffective in all honesty. 

16 hours ago, Grumpy Git said:

Bairstow having a mare. 😡

And now Broard 'bowls' Khawaja but oversteps. 😡😡😡

I’ve always advocated playing your best keeper which in England’s case is  Foakes.

Bairstow should be in the side as a batsman don’t ask me who instead of though 

24 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Its no good taking a worldie, but then dropping all the regulation catches (and missing a stumping that I could have made on the way home from an all day session in the Brunnie).

I wonder if Bob Taylor is weeping watching this?

I do miss proper wicket keepers

3 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Lots of people though the declaration was crazy…..but huge credit to England for this morning - to lead by 7 after the first innings given the way the Aussies were going is remarkable..

Yes, it has annoyed me this morning, hearing how the declaration was reckless etc, etc.

This isn’t trad cricket. This is the new era.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Those who don’t like it can, in the words of Extreme, get the funk out.

5 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Lots of people though the declaration was crazy…..but huge credit to England for this morning - to lead by 7 after the first innings given the way the Aussies were going is remarkable..

The declaration was foolhardy. Picking a spinner who hadn't had a day in the field for 2 years and had had virtually no play at all in the previous month was risky.

If those decisions pay off, they will get credit. If they don't, they will deserve the criticism.

It's how they do things. Stokes will live with it either way.

2 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Yes, it has annoyed me this morning, hearing how the declaration was reckless etc, etc.

This isn’t trad cricket. This is the new era.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Those who don’t like it can, in the words of Extreme, get the funk out.

It's everybody's team

4 hours ago, Henrycav81 said:

I’ve always advocated playing your best keeper which in England’s case is  Foakes.

Bairstow should be in the side as a batsman don’t ask me who instead of though 

Bob Taylor or Alan Knott, There was a perception that Knott got the call over Taylor for his batting, Taylor I thought was the better keeper, Yep agree with you Foakes is a better keeper, Bairstow missed a simple stumping with Green who then went onto to make 38, Khawaja bowled with a no ball when on 112, So that's 67 runs we gave them...and to add to all the drama...what the cooking hell is this field setting 😱

It worked tho 😁

image.png.49f6d8673c655b3852d35fffa7af6abf.png

30 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

Bob Taylor or Alan Knott, There was a perception that Knott got the call over Taylor for his batting, Taylor I thought was the better keeper, Yep agree with you Foakes is a better keeper, Bairstow missed a simple stumping with Green who then went onto to make 38, Khawaja bowled with a no ball when on 112, So that's 67 runs we gave them...and to add to all the drama...what the cooking hell is this field setting 😱

It worked tho 😁

image.png.49f6d8673c655b3852d35fffa7af6abf.png

Bairstow also dropped Carey in the first over this morning 

Knott was also an excellent keeper but not as good as Taylor in my probably biased opinion 

Knott was picked over Taylor for two reasons he was a better batsman and he played for Kent not Derbyshire