v Forest (H) - Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

8 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I am struggling to understand how any Derby fan who watched that game today could possibly gloat.

Celebrating a draw like we have got one over Forest?

Is that how far our standards have fallen?

Yes. Now laugh goddammit!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I am struggling to understand how any Derby fan who watched that game today could possibly gloat.

That’s just two people from opposites ends having a laugh together, there’s no gloating and it’s taken in the right spirit. It’s maybe something a lot of us can learn a lot from on the social media’s, no matter which side you support

Loosen up a tad yoof!

10 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Why not - I absolutely went nuts when that equaliser went in, I couldn’t give two fooks what preceded it at that very moment. If you’re questioning “gloating” and a joke over a rival then I fear we can’t enjoy or do anything anymore..... lighten up a little, sometimes being less serious can be FUN

I’m massively celebrating a draw!! I’m euphoric in fact!!! Based on how the game went it was most definitely a point gained, we got out of jail and that point could be valuable come the end of the season. I remember being at the shitty ground in Snake’s first game when pinillos scored a last gasp header to draw to deny us a fully deserved victory and they celebrated like they won the league!! That point actually kept them up that season!!

Credit to Forest they were good today and got the tactics spot on and they were extremely unlucky not to win the game. We on the other hand were extremely poor by our recent standards, some of it down to them but much of it down to us not imposing ourselves on the game, not playing with the right tempo or intensity. But we plugged away and snuck what could be a valuable point. Why were we not at it, most likely because our youngsters were waiting for Rooney to do something and didn’t take responsibility early enough to impose our game on them. Another valuable learning curve in the evolution of this team.

Also, lamouchi has shown his hand tactically now. These youngsters learn quick and will hopefully avoid the traps the next time we play them - which could be in the game that really matters!! ?

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

If you can't enjoy pissing off F*rest fans you're watching the wrong team!

But why would they be pissed off?

They are above us in the league. We haven’t beaten them or outplayed them in almost three years. We have scored just once against them in that time. They have a far better chance of getting promoted. They would have settled for a point at the start of play so a draw is still a good result for them.

I love gloating. But it helps if there is something to gloat about...

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Seriously? Enjoy the moment!

It is one of the joys of football, the stoppage time equaliser you did not deserve. If you don’t get joy from that (especially against your closest rivals) then you are a bit of a weirdo.

Just now, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

It is one of the joys of football, the stoppage time equaliser you did not deserve. If you don’t get joy from that (especially against your closest rivals) then you are a bit of a weirdo.

SO true. And obviously for some that it was scored by the Wardrobe, who'd been desperate for a Derby goal, made it ALL the sweeter.  ??

1 minute ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

I am pissed off that we played poorly and we didn’t win. If that makes me weird, I can handle that.

16 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Seriously? Enjoy the moment!

Well said Roy, thank god we scored in that last minute. 

Else all the red dogs I know, would be giving me loads on Monday. And once again we can sing. 

We only had 10 men we only had 10, 10 men we only had 10 men. 

Just now, Jourdan said:

But why would they be pissed off?

They are above us in the league. We haven’t beaten them or outplayed them in almost three years. We have scored just once against them in that time. They have a far better chance of getting promoted. They would have settled for a point at the start of play so a draw is still a good result for them.

I love gloating. But it helps if there is something to gloat about...

i normally agree with pretty much most of what you post . Everything above is fair at the start of the game.

Put yourself in there shoes in minute 96 though -Derby 4 points behind cardiff after the later kickoffs?  a chance to go 3 wins clear in the playoffs ahead of a tricky midweek game.? still an opportunity to get second?

One duck up and things look very different. Derbys playoff chance still realistic, if they lose or draw midweek and a couple behind win, bit of a sweat on . Top two spot has gone bye bye.

Plenty to giggle about. Thanks Comrade Worrall

28 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Don't you remember a couple of seasons ago when they got a late equaliser at the shity ground and they went mental invading the pitch and letting flares off, well that's how I felt today and the dogs would have felt devastated like me then. 

12 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Got to say ffs I hate L**ds more than F*rest (it's my age), but well what the hell, the Wardrobe flat packed them both! ?

31 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Don’t think anyone was Gloating. 
Forest are a good team, might get premoted? Who knows. 
we are not our best team yet.
Going 0-1 to. The way they play can spell a loss .  Think lots of Derby celebrate a draw. So what?

13 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I am pissed off that we played poorly and we didn’t win. If that makes me weird, I can handle that.

I find that watching the game with my underpants on my head helps to ease the tension. You should try it sometime.

19 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

By the same token, I think most others, myself included, will be able to live with the fact that you don't share their glee at nicking a point against Forest in the 97th minute when it looked certain we would lose.

Different folks...

Look, we deserved absolutely nothing. We pinched a draw. Made sweeter by them handing us the opportunity on a plate unnecessarily. Chris Martin broke his Forest duck. We’re still in the running for top 6. 

We could have done without losing key players to suspension but Waggy’s tackle looked to me clumsy rather than malicious. 

Chris Martin couldn’t be presented a greater opportunity to prove his worth for a new contract and steer Derby in the right direction with his goals. 

One point gained not two lost. Onto the next one x

57 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Dont think we celebrated any where near the celebrations they did when we drew 2-2 at there place a couple of years ago

Archived