Wigan FC gone into administration

admira

32 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It came into play when Leeds went into administration (and a 10 point penalty) when they knew they were going down - wasn't it part way through their last day defeat against us? Rules then changed to prevent cheating the system

Leeds? Cheat???

Surely not......?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, TigerTedd said:

I’m sure I just heard in the radio that the penalty is awarded next season. So it shouldn’t effect the standings this season at all. 

If they finish outside the bottom three after 46 games, a -12pt deduction will be in place this season.

If they finish inside the bottom three after 46 games, a -12pt deduction will be in place next season.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Points deduction this season if they are outside the relegation zone or next season if they finish in it. 

Hope EFL clubs rally round to stop this madness, unfortunately there will be many clubs such as Barnsley, Hull, Stoke and Boro who will be happy with this outcome.

Barnsley owners are the 3rd richest in football aren’t they. 

Sith Happens
3 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Never liked points deductions... punishing fans and players for something they've had no part of.

I know what you mean, there has to be some punishment though in my opinion. I think Leicester did it for every other club since when they got away with it.

Spent big, went into administration but got no points deduction and still went up. The company who built their stadium lost millions because of it. 

Its no fault of the fans, but no fault of all the businesses, which will include local business who end up getting 10p in the pound or whatever is agreed causing companies to fail and people to lose their jobs.

So footballs fans for me having to start with a points deduction is small fry compared with those ending up on JSA looking for work because of it.

Some suggestion that administration may have been a mechanism for *someone* to win an enormous bet in the Philippines. 

Rick Parry secretly recorded here. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/wigan-athletic-relegation-administration-latest-efl-chairman-rick-parry-bet-gambling-philippines-a9599176.html%3famp

8 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Some suggestion that administration may have been a mechanism for *someone* to win an enormous bet in the Philippines. 

Rick Parry secretly recorded here. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/wigan-athletic-relegation-administration-latest-efl-chairman-rick-parry-bet-gambling-philippines-a9599176.html%3famp

Wow, just wow 

the fit and proper owners test is about as much use as a chocolate teapot!

i can’t stand Rick Parry either, arrogant prat 

15 minutes ago, Shipley Ram said:

More shady than the 3 Amigos. At least they had a plan of "borrow a bunch of shady money for a punt on going up, if we do we're loaded, if we don't we'll sell the squad and appoint Phil Brown, and pay ourselves massive fees along the way"

That there is whole different level of wrong - file next to SISU.

6 hours ago, Derbados said:

Wow, just wow 

the fit and proper owners test is about as much use as a chocolate teapot!

i can’t stand Rick Parry either, arrogant prat 

Maybe it’s just the fact that everyone who would want to buy a football club, and has amassed enough wealth to be able to afford one, is generally a sheister (with the occasional exception). 

so if you exclude all sheisters, there’d be no one left to buy any football clubs. 

2 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

There's a very interesting Twitter thread about this here:

If what is said on there is the truth, then this goes deep.

If it's true, the size of the bet must be phenomenal ... to be able to throw away a £40m investment by putting the club into administration?

Unless... and just thinking out loud here... it's not the owner set to profit from a bet, but some other party and the owner is acting under duress/in response to threats?

Archived