Wigan FC gone into administration

admira

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The EFL need investigating ASAP. If their fit and proper tests can't spot this sort of behaviour then I font see how the EFL can be deemed fit and proper. Absolute scandal. 

In the legal battle we will inevitably end up fighting with them I reckon Mel will absolutely smash them. 

I think the day they allowed Forest to be bought by someone being investigated for match fixing proved they are totally and utterly incompetent.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

Reading staff who have been furloughed haven't received any money. A fan raised concerns with the EFL in May and the EFL said they weren't interested.

I suspect the EFL will totally distance themselves from this.

Local MP Lisa Nandy and Greater Manchester mayor Andy Burnham have called for an investigation into Wigan Athletic's recent takeover.

"There are also serious questions to be asked about the EFL's processes, with the club's new owner being approved just a matter of days before it was plunged into administration.

Nandy, the MP for Wigan and also shadow foreign secretary, described Wigan's entry into administration as a "major global scandal" in a letter to culture secretary Oliver Dowden earlier this week.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53291951

6 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Reading staff who have been furloughed haven't received any money. A fan raised concerns with the EFL in May and the EFL said they weren't interested.

I suspect the EFL will totally distance themselves from this.

Maybe they are the other club rumoured to be close to admin?

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, therealhantsram said:

Maybe they are the other club rumoured to be close to admin?

ha no, sorry...my bad....i meant reading as in with my eyes, not the town of.

On 03/07/2020 at 15:47, TigerTedd said:

Maybe it’s just the fact that everyone who would want to buy a football club, and has amassed enough wealth to be able to afford one, is generally a sheister (with the occasional exception). 

so if you exclude all sheisters, there’d be no one left to buy any football clubs. 

What category does uncle Mel fall into then? 

Wigan's next 2 fixtures are Hull (H) & Charlton (A).

Final game Fulham (H) who'll likely be confirmed 4th by then, so may well rest a few.

If they beat Hull on Tuesday then, unless Barnsley or Luton win, they will be out of the relegation places on goal difference even with a 12 point deduction.

They could well win all 3 of their remaining games.

They still have a great chance of staying up.

26 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Wigan's next 2 fixtures are Hull (H) & Charlton (A).

Final game Fulham (H) who'll likely be confirmed 4th by then, so may well rest a few.

If they beat Hull on Tuesday then, unless Barnsley or Luton win, they will be out of the relegation places on goal difference even with a 12 point deduction.

They could well win all 3 of their remaining games.

They still have a great chance of staying up.

Don't forget there's a chance Wednesday could get a points deduction too.

I don’t see how a points deduction can be applied in these circumstances. 

the move into administration has nothing to do with the financial performance of the club.

Archived