Wigan FC gone into administration

admira

7 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Strange that. Surely could have got some compensation for him from Brizzle. 

He resigned. Even if he was sacked any team looking for a new manager isnt going to be paying Wigan any compensation when they may not exist in a couple of months time.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, GenBr said:

He resigned. Even if he was sacked any team looking for a new manager isnt going to be paying Wigan any compensation when they may not exist in a couple of months time.

They may not exist but their administrators would and it’s their responsibility to gather in as much money as they can for the creditors. Moot point though. As you say, he resigned.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

They may not exist but their administrators would and it’s their responsibility to gather in as much money as they can for the creditors. Moot point though. As you say, he resigned.

If the football club ceased trading and no longer intended to play any football games i cant see any manager sticking around even without another job lined up. Any club that decided to pay compensation to a club in Wigans position when there is a high chance their target is about to become unemployed needs their head looking at.

1 hour ago, GenBr said:

If the football club ceased trading and no longer intended to play any football games i cant see any manager sticking around even without another job lined up. Any club that decided to pay compensation to a club in Wigans position when there is a high chance their target is about to become unemployed needs their head looking at.

You're probably right. I was having a senior moment (I'm allowed to say that at my age). I was thinking about Wigan paying him compensation for sacking him if they had - ignore me. 

Just now, Millenniumram said:

To be fair in this case I think that’s the right decision. The points deductions for going into administration have been well established. Unless there’s evidence their new owners were dodgy, I don’t see how there could have been any other result.

It’s bad for them in the fact that the events around being placed into Admin were ridiculous and seem very suspect, but Admin = point deduction. Pretty cut and dry on that front. 

Sith Happens

how can the EFL not be under some scrutiny here ? they are supposed to have a strict fit and proper persons test, and in this case they have clearly failed to the point it has to be almost gross negligence. 

how can an owner be allowed to take a club over one month and run out of money the next?

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, Srg said:

was it delayed because the EFL had mislaid the post it note they had scribbled the out come on?

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Wigan's administrators have set a deadline for any new owners to have a signed contract in place by 31st August....4 potential new owners, but the short timeframe doesn't look good..

It’ll probably be like Burnley, where someone’ll come forward, but because of some technicality they don’t pass the fpp test. 

i just find it ironic that some people don’t pass the test, who don’t seem to have too much wrong with them, but others, who are clearly dodgy as duck, do pass, like forest’s owner, or Wigan’s last owner. 

clearly the fpp test needs serious rethinking. Song with ffp. Along with parachute payments. Along with the distribution of sky money. Along with in house Streaming tv services. Basically the whole EFL. 

BBC reporting that Wigan Athletic's owner enquired about putting them into administration before he had even completed his takeover....spoke to insolvency practitioners the day before he informed the EFL that he'd bought a majoroity holding....

Part of Wigan's case I found interesting was that Barnsley came in to give testimony against them and tried to get Wigan to pay for their costs in doing so. Cheeky sods! Was dismissed out of hand by the independent commission. 

Archived