Live football thread.

Rev

22 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Hilarious own goal in Bundesliga 2 between the top 2 teams. Hamburg keeper plays one of those short goalkicks to a defender just outside the 6 yard box, said defender gets closed down so plays it back to the keeper. The goalie takes a huge swing in an attempt to clear it but sadly for him, just as he's about to make contact with the ball it hits a divot, bobbles and he hammers it into the roof of the net. 

Just as an aside, Jackson Irvine (ex Burton etc) plays for the leaders St.Pauli and scored the opening goal.

Orange ball too. 

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

Hilarious own goal in Bundesliga 2 between the top 2 teams. Hamburg keeper plays one of those short goalkicks to a defender just outside the 6 yard box, said defender gets closed down so plays it back to the keeper. The goalie takes a huge swing in an attempt to clear it but sadly for him, just as he's about to make contact with the ball it hits a divot, bobbles and he hammers it into the roof of the net. 

Just as an aside, Jackson Irvine (ex Burton etc) plays for the leaders St.Pauli and scored the opening goal.

As harsh as that bobble was, that was an utterly horrendous pass "to him"!  It should have been along the 6 yard line, and ended up going from the front RH corner of the 6 yard box towards the far post!  I repeat... Horrendous!  
I'd be a little tempted to dish out a slap, If I was that keeper!  

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/13020527/that-will-be-on-some-reels-goalkeeper-comically-laces-the-ball-into-his-own-net#:~:text=Hamburg goalkeeper Daniel Heuer Fernandes,against city rivals St. Pauli.

6 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Alfreton town game called off ten minutes before kickoff.

Thanks for headsup...was looking forward to it. Suprised last nights York v Wigan went ahead with the fog. Even the fans were chanting "We can't see the ball"!

Edited by TimRam

29 minutes ago, angieram said:

We were there! As soon as the covers came off the pitch was freezing solid.

A bit foggy and minus 4 degrees.

Right decision,  a bit late.

Two letters, T and V. 
Listening to radio as they were discussing it just before they called it off, Alfreton wanted to play it Walsall didn’t.

Why do all commentators constantly fawn over Liverpool? Every game they are involved in it’s always the best atmosphere in the world, or the greatest comeback of the season. No other place like it on earth.

I used to hate growing up watching Man Utd win every week.

But I don’t recall the same nauseating fawning over them. Maybe I just never really picked up on it like I do now. Or maybe SAF had a point when he was so determined to knock them off their perch. 

I thought before than Man City will be weaker with Gundogan and Mahrez leaving. They seem more chaotic and in their last 3 games they have thrown away leads late on.

Liverpool will win the title this season. Everything just seems to be falling for them. 

Arsenal v Liverpool in a couple of weeks will be a cracker. 

23 minutes ago, MaltRam said:

I seldom watch football now except Derby, but remembered Amazon Prime have a few games and checked out Villa v Man City game.

Brilliant from Villa. Made City look toothless.

There was some stat flashed on to the screen in the 76th minute that Man City's last shot was in the 11th minute.