Live football thread.

Rev

So if Liverpool lose this evening, does that make this a really disappointing season for them?

no matter how far they got in all the competitions, if they don’t win today, the record books will show they only won the two domestic trophies, which, to be honest, at that level, are the booby prizes. 

2 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

Anyone watching the Wrexham game? 4. 4 with still over 10 mins to go. Awful defending but great game for the neutral. Rob Beckett in the Grimsby end and Ryan Reynolds in the directors box. 

What channel?

8 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

Anyone watching the Wrexham game? 4. 4 with still over 10 mins to go. Awful defending but great game for the neutral. Rob Beckett in the Grimsby end and Ryan Reynolds in the directors box. 

Great watch -Wrexhams 3rd hand of god

5 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

So if Liverpool lose this evening, does that make this a really disappointing season for them?

no matter how far they got in all the competitions, if they don’t win today, the record books will show they only won the two domestic trophies, which, to be honest, at that level, are the booby prizes. 

It’s a good question. For the fans it has been an amazing season. Only three defeats all season in all comps. Two Wembley victories. A 9-0 league aggregate win over Man Utd. Champions League final. 

But saying all that. On the flip side, Liverpool have the best team in the world. I think there will be a disappointment if they only win those two domestic cups. Similar to the great Barcelona side if they only won a Super Cup and Copa del Rey.

I was thinking earlier how many City players would Liverpool want in their best XI. I could only think of De Bruyne, Ruben Dias and soon to be Haaland.

On the flip side, City would take Robertson, Van Dijk and Mo Salah as certainties and likely Mane too. More Liverpool players are the best in their position compared to City, which makes me question why Liverpool have only won one of the last four league titles. 

14 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Nigel’s Stags are down to 10 men at Wembley in the first half while Port Vale lead 2-0 including a goal from former Rams loanee James Wilson. 

Loving that with a mate living a few miles from Vale

4 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Nigel’s Stags are down to 10 men at Wembley in the first half while Port Vale lead 2-0 including a goal from former Rams loanee James Wilson. 

Yeah, Mansfield in big trouble now.

Was weighing up earlier whether I wanted mini Forest or mini Stoke to go up...want Clough to do well but suspect Mansfield would have massively raised their game against us & acted as a Forest proxy. Will also be good for Chesterfield if they go up & Stags stay down. 

James Wilson a real threat for Vale..he was a good prospect a few years ago so surprised to see him playing in the 4th tier