Marcus Rashford

Parsnip

22 minutes ago, cstand said:

Just make parents cook proper meals for their kids stop blaming the government. I can remember wearing hand me downs and free school uniforms when I was young because we was a low income family never went hungry use to have lovely food. 

Sounds like you had great parents.

Do you think everyone does and if not do you wonder whether some sort of intervention might be a good thing to ensure (in theory, at least, as we are seeing) that the most deprived are given nutritious food to help them reach their potential. 

Even if you don’t wonder that, are you annoyed that a private company would appear to be making huge profits out of your tax payments?

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seen a lovely recipe on social media last week mild chicken curry in a slow cooker 80p a serving when I get time going to cook myself. Always liked home cooked food must have been my good upbringing from my poor family I used to be envious of other families who had money to spend on takeaways not anymore.

I qualified for free school meals all the way through the education system. 

My mum wouldn't let me have them once I'd moved to secondary school, too proud I guess, so I had to run home and have a bowl of cereal or a sandwich, unless I snuck a couple of quid out her purse.

I wish I had a Rashford removing the stigma, because that's what it was.

Wouldn't have ate those food parcels mind regardless.

16 hours ago, cstand said:

Why bother the tax payers when you can simply borrow more money throw it at any sob story the SJWs whinge about rinse n repeat it continuously until the country goes bankrupt. 

Are you OK that you (as in the taxpayer you) paid £30 for that bag of nothing? Retail its £5.33 at Asda so realistically if they paid more than £4 I'd be surprised. Are you OK with an untendered contractor making over 600% markup at the taxpayer's expense? 

18 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Sounds like you had great parents.

Do you think everyone does and if not do you wonder whether some sort of intervention might be a good thing to ensure (in theory, at least, as we are seeing) that the most deprived are given nutritious food to help them reach their potential. 

Even if you don’t wonder that, are you annoyed that a private company would appear to be making huge profits out of your tax payments?

The most nutritious food is cheap to buy and cheap to cook if you can be bothered. If you shop at Aldi the are virtually giving away cheap vegetables 

I am not annoyed I am furious that people on this forum think it’s acceptable for parents  not to feed their kids and blame the government.

Then when the government takes action you still complain. 

1 minute ago, cstand said:

The most nutritious food is cheap to buy and cheap to cook if you can be bothered. If you shop at Aldi the are virtually giving away cheap vegetables 

I am not annoyed I am furious that people on this forum think it’s acceptable for parents  not to feed their kids and blame the government.

Then when the government take action you still complain. 

Get off your high horse.

1 minute ago, cstand said:

Great. Do feel free to answer what I actually asked though. I’ll repeat in case you missed it.

a) if a child is deprived of parents unwilling or unable to make the effort to source and cook nutritious food for them, should they simply go without?

b) are you happy at the government giving £30 of your money to a private company to provide £6 worth of food? 

16 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Are you OK that you (as in the taxpayer you) paid £30 for that bag of nothing? Retail its £5.33 at Asda so realistically if they paid more than £4 I'd be surprised. Are you OK with an untendered contractor making over 600% markup at the taxpayer's expense? 

If you are so unhappy about wasting taxpayers money why don’t you organise food parcel deliveries yourself? If the Sikh community and people of Kent can feed the truck drivers stranded on the motorway I cannot see any reason why anyone on this forum cannot do the same .

@cstandim watching you for the response here. You’ve been asked a simple question. Are you happy that money is being skimmed off the top of the cost of food by tory friends? 

You probably despise unemployed benefit cheats if they get a few hours cash in hand?? Do you despise rich capitalists cheating at the too end? 

44 minutes ago, Rev said:

I qualified for free school meals all the way through the education system. 

My mum wouldn't let me have them once I'd moved to secondary school, too proud I guess, so I had to run home and have a bowl of cereal or a sandwich, unless I snuck a couple of quid out her purse.

I wish I had a Rashford removing the stigma, because that's what it was.

Wouldn't have ate those food parcels mind regardless.

Nice to see a sensible post for a change. Completely agree about the stigma of kids receiving free school meals it gives the bullies an excuse to give them abuse.

13 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

@cstandim watching you for the response here. You’ve been asked a simple question. Are you happy that money is being skimmed off the top of the cost of food by tory friends? 

You probably despise unemployed benefit cheats if they get a few hours cash in hand?? Do you despise rich capitalists cheating at the too end? 

Cash in hand selling drugs?

22 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I have answered the question if you are not happy about the cost of the deliveries organise it yourself the Sikh community did it free of charge to the truckers. 

I am not answering this question again.

As for benefit cheats what cash in hand are you taking about selling drugs, stolen goods?

Just now, cstand said:

I have answered the question if you are not happy about the cost of the deliveries organise it yourself the Sikh community did it free of charge to the truckers .

I am not answering this question again.

As for benefit cheats what cash in hand are you taking about selling drugs, stolen goods?

You’re not grasping the question are you? 

I will simplify it, if you donated £50 to a charity, and only £10 went to the actual cause you donated to, whatever that cause may be, but the other £40 went into a businessman’s back pocket, would you be upset? Morally? 

The point of the question is that the taxpayer is paying £30 to outsource something, when it could give £15 directly to the person in need, thus giving 150% more to the recipient whilst ALSO saving 50% for the taxpayer. 

As for the cash in hand thing, let’s just say, a single mother of three kids earned a crafty tenner helping her friend make sandwiches for a wedding reception buffet.

1 minute ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Why? Let him out himself for what he is. He posts some vile stuff, folk get annoyed, the thread gets shut down. That's exactly what he wants. Leave it up for all to see. 

?agree. 

I wasn't advocating taking it down, just stopping replies before it spirals even further. 

58 minutes ago, cstand said:

What I'm complaining about is the private companies, that are receiving millions of pounds of tax payers money, that are not providing the service they have been paid for.

As you have said, fruit and veg is that cheap Aldi are virtually giving away. So why are these companies that are being paid to provide food parcels that are supposed be have a value of £30, not putting large bags of fresh produce into these parcels.

Why are you getting more irate at some unfortunate parents who are struggling to feed their kids? Wouldn't you anger be better focused on a government that is allowing your taxes to go into the pockets of unscrupulous companies?

30 minutes ago, cstand said:

Nice to see a sensible post for a change. Completely agree about the stigma of kids receiving free school meals it gives the bullies an excuse to give them abuse.

There is much less of a stigma now. It is less obvious as well who gets FSM. 

Archived