Marcus Rashford

Parsnip

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

LMFAO - the government now reintroducing the voucher scheme through the original supplier, Edenred. Ah well, at least it's done and Chartwells have been kicked into touch.

https://schoolsweek.co.uk/edenred-is-back-free-school-meals-voucher-scheme-to-relaunch-monday/

I believe this is in addition to the current scheme, some schools were asking for the option to choose between the two as they felt the voucher scheme worked better for them.

Our local school where my wife works, is going to continue with the boxes I think. Having seen the boxes that they supply, I was very impressed.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BIllyD said:

I believe this is in addition to the current scheme, some schools were asking for the option to choose between the two as they felt the voucher scheme worked better for them.

Our local school where my wife works, is going to continue with the boxes I think. Having seen the boxes that they supply, I was very impressed.

Unfortunately there are some childish people on here so If any one requests a picture of your wife’s box please report them immediately.

4 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Unfortunately there are some childish people on here so If any one requests a picture of your wife’s box please report them immediately.

I'd be lucky if I get to see it.....I was going to say let alone anyone else, however i think I'd be going down a rocky path there ?

3 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

LMFAO - the government now reintroducing the voucher scheme through the original supplier, Edenred. Ah well, at least it's done and Chartwells have been kicked into touch.

https://schoolsweek.co.uk/edenred-is-back-free-school-meals-voucher-scheme-to-relaunch-monday/

You don't strike me as naive, so I assume you're taking the Mickey.

Since when has poor performance from a private supplier ever been a barrier to further contracts from the government?

As for Hello Fresh, make sure you space the boxes well apart. It's nice enough stuff, but it pretty much all follows the following template.

Chop veg. 

Fry protein.

Add chopped veg, and supplied seasoning and sauces.

Stir and serve.

It soon gets very samey, in preparation if not taste.

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/01/2021 at 02:41, 86 Hair Islands said:

So you benefitted from the handouts you'd see fit to deny others. OK...

So your parents needed free meals and clothing for you, paid for by the taxpayer and by your account, you 'had a great upbringing', but when others need help for their kids, it's because they are 'bad parents'?

How does that work exactly? 

You crack on son! I've actually said the thread should remain open (perhaps you didn't understand that bit!) so clearly I'm not really fussed by your 'opinions' nor the nature of an open forum. Trust me, I've some choice views I'd love to share with you too, were I allowed to do so ?

Errrr, that'd be because we're already paying for the meals to be provided? Not quite sure how you've failed to grasp that point when half a dozen folk have politely pointed it out to you, nor why you instead insist on prattling on about footballers, Sikhs and the people of Kent. Why should any of those groups cover the cost when the taxpayer already has?

Actually, that's a blatant lie... I'm quite certain I know why you've 'failed to grasp' the point made, as, I'm pretty certain, does everyone else, but by all means keep avoiding the question and the obvious answer. Nothing remotely hinky there ?

Hope you enjoyed your dinner! 

I think you and others are a bit confused I have NEVER said people should not receive handouts, school meals, clothing etc

Obviously not all people who are requiring benefits are bad parents.

I thought my point about the people of Kent and Sikh community feeding the lorry drivers was was obvious instead of having a rant on a forum they made a positive contribution instead. 

I have made two suggestions on this thread to help the situation one getting people off benefits back into work the other instead of receiving £10 worth of food out of a £40 delivery shop at the supermarket instead and receive the full £40. 

Back on track- Marcus Rashford

What a role model for kids today, young lad from a tough upbringing, strives to make it as a footballer to end up at man utd and playing for England, then challenges a government to do what's right by the people in a pandemic 

Give the chap a knighthood, what a guy ?

Archived