Marcus Rashford

Parsnip

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Parents are responsible for feeding their own children.  Before the welfare state charities fed the children who were in real poverty.  I suggest Mr Rashford should set up a charity to feed aforementioned children if he is so concerned.  He and his multimillionaire chums might have a few spare quid.  I was a single parent for 12 years. I worked 60 hours a week to feed my children.  I would have died rather than claim money from other people to support the children I decided to have. If you think this cash will be spent on healthy food for children instead of fags and booze you need to give your head a wobble.  

2 hours ago, Sasha said:

Parents are responsible for feeding their own children.  Before the welfare state charities fed the children who were in real poverty.  I suggest Mr Rashford should set up a charity to feed aforementioned children if he is so concerned.  He and his multimillionaire chums might have a few spare quid.  I was a single parent for 12 years. I worked 60 hours a week to feed my children.  I would have died rather than claim money from other people to support the children I decided to have. If you think this cash will be spent on healthy food for children instead of fags and booze you need to give your head a wobble.  

Maybe you should educate yourself before ridiculing. Rashford has set up a charity to help feed children who are living in poverty. Also I'm not sure how food vouchers are going to be spent on booze and fags. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/11878415/marcus-rashford-charity-list-man-utd-stars-generous-acts/amp/

12 hours ago, Sasha said:

Could you imagine if there was a global pandemic and loads of people lost their jobs and couldn’t feed their children? Oh wait!

12 hours ago, Sasha said:

A tad offensive and ignorant to tar everybody in receipt of meal vouchers as heavy drinking, chain smoking lazy slobs wouldn’t you say?

13 hours ago, Sasha said:

What a lovely person you appear to be.

19 hours ago, Sasha said:

1435913615_katie-h-face-3.gif.fef99c9423c0eb29048dd091752cc22b.gif

• 4 months later...
On 19/06/2020 at 20:38, Sasha said:

Looks as if you got your wish, that parents should be responsible for feeding their kids. Those caring fork who are happy to avail themselves of the subsidised canteen at their place of employment, voted against extending the plan to provide free meals over the school holidays.

They discussed it on Question time last night.

4 of the 5 panelists and all the members of the audience fully backed him and giving children free meals until the summer. 

My ex MP, Nicky Morgan, unbelievably turned it into a political point scoring exercise and wouldn't back the proposed motion.  

The stance people take just to align themselves with political sides makes me despair and frustrated. 

26 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

They discussed it on Question time last night.

4 of the 5 panelists and all the members of the audience fully backed him and giving children free meals until the summer. 

My ex MP, Nicky Morgan, unbelievably turned it into a political point scoring exercise and wouldn't back the proposed motion.  

The stance people take just to align themselves with political sides makes me despair and frustrated. 

I dont think the founder of Ovo really backed the idea of free school meals either?

Let's be honest this is just silly political posturing by Labour. I mean where does it stop? 

The issue here isnt about whether people want to see kids go hungry, and just handing out freebies does not tackle the underlying problem.

Let's be honest, if this was implemented we are stuck with it forever because no Government would want to be labelled the ones that withdrew free school meals.

I think I heard the scheme would cost £40m, if Rashford suggested all Premier League players pay an extra 1% tax that would cover the bill. Instead he expects everyone else to foot the bill. It's hard enough having to provide for my own family without having to subsidise others.

Of course it the funds were to be channelled from other Government funds such as the foreign aid budget I'd have no problem with it.

As a teacher, I have discovered that now matter how much you believe that its a parent's responsibility to feed their child, that belief doesn't actually feed hungry children.

I don't need to look at my data to know which kids are on FSM. You can tell by the way they eat their lunch.

1 hour ago, Duracell said:

As a teacher, I have discovered that now matter how much you believe that its a parent's responsibility to feed their child, that belief doesn't actually feed hungry children.

This, a million times over. It pisses me off when people go on about parents’ responsibilities.

This isn’t about the parents, it’s about the kids. Unless, instead of free school meals, we sent every child a letter to give to their parents, telling them to work harder?

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I dont think the founder of Ovo really backed the idea of free school meals either?

Let's be honest this is just silly political posturing by Labour. I mean where does it stop? 

The issue here isnt about whether people want to see kids go hungry, and just handing out freebies does not tackle the underlying problem.

Let's be honest, if this was implemented we are stuck with it forever because no Government would want to be labelled the ones that withdrew free school meals.

I think I heard the scheme would cost £40m, if Rashford suggested all Premier League players pay an extra 1% tax that would cover the bill. Instead he expects everyone else to foot the bill. It's hard enough having to provide for my own family without having to subsidise others.

Of course it the funds were to be channelled from other Government funds such as the foreign aid budget I'd have no problem with it.

£40mil to feed hungry children is a drop in the ocean when you consider the £10bil + private contracts that have been recently awarded to companies providing systems/procedures not fit for purpose. £7,000 a day consultants, 'friends' being awarded contracts, millions spent on PPE that does not meet the required standards. MP's taking a pay rise, despite not supporting the same for keyworkers for years. I won't continue. 

35 minutes ago, Sidd10 said:

£40mil to feed hungry children is a drop in the ocean when you consider the £10bil + private contracts that have been recently awarded to companies providing systems/procedures not fit for purpose. £7,000 a day consultants, 'friends' being awarded contracts, millions spent on PPE that does not meet the required standards. MP's taking a pay rise, despite not supporting the same for keyworkers for years. I won't continue. 

Completely unrelated issues.

MPs pay rises are awarded by an independent body too.

Archived