Championship provisional restart on June 20th

Andicis

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

Might be the time for Josefzoon to shine, apparently he's unplayable in training. Wonder if he'll now do it when there's no fans 

Like many wide players he needs to be given the freedom to fail. 

A pacy winger like him could cause havoc if he runs at defenders, tries to take it past them and whips in a cross. 

Because he's not had a great time with us, he's constantly second guessing himself and gets in a muddle. 

He needs an arm around him in training (well a socially distanced arm) so he can strut his stuff. 

Having no crowd may indeed help him. 

3 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

A pacy winger like him could cause havoc if he runs at defenders, tries to take it past them and whips in a cross. 

Because he's not had a great time with us, he's constantly second guessing himself and gets in a muddle. 

He needs an arm around him in training (well a socially distanced arm) so he can strut his stuff. 

Come on Wazza - lend him a helping hand!

41 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

Might be the time for Josefzoon to shine, apparently he's unplayable in training. Wonder if he'll now do it when there's no fans 

Maybe those cones aren’t great at tackling. 

3 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Harry Redknapp said Nick Blackman was the most technically gifted player we had from what he saw on the training ground.

That is simply unbelievable or maybe everyone else had gone home by the time he was putting the cones away 

3 minutes ago, jono said:

And Marriott has a groin strain ! Anyway at least Holmes sounds as if he’s revving up well. 

It’s going to be interesting who gets match sharp the quickest. 

I think i'm a bit worried that with the new rules it will feel like a friendly and that only the teams with definite chances will be up for it.  Those already in the top spots should have a big chance sadly

4 hours ago, RamNut said:

Maybe those cones aren’t great at tackling. 

Apparently Cloughie introduced the use of cones when he managed the Gumps.

First training session, the cones won 4-0.

42 minutes ago, Spanish said:

I think i'm a bit worried that with the new rules it will feel like a friendly and that only the teams with definite chances will be up for it.  Those already in the top spots should have a big chance sadly

I’d guess the first game will be tentative, the next will get a bit more fire and then it will dwindle as you say - without the fans and noisy feedback 

6 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I’d take him just doing one of those three things successfully!

20 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I’d take him just doing one of those three things successfully!

Yes I hope he can count to three. 

It drives me mad when a player gets into a crossing position then smashes it so high and hard that it flies out for a throw in or so soft and weak that the keeper can catch it with one hand.. 

I'm a big fan of the drag back. At least the ball's in play and the defence is running the wrong way. Bryson used to love a drag back! 

7 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Don't think this is true. And if it were he's had this.

He's not got what we need. 

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Don't think this is true. And if it were he's had this.

He's not got what we need. 

Come on Roy, you've historically batted for the underdog in the face of withering forum criticism and #toddyfacts.....

....give FloJo some TLC - maybe it's a few dcfc fanboys that he's been missing. 

I'll join you in the trenches.....?

44 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Come on Roy, you've historically batted for the underdog in the face of withering forum criticism and #toddyfacts.....

....give FloJo some TLC - maybe it's a few dcfc fanboys that he's been missing. 

I'll join you in the trenches.....?

Ha! Not quite the same is it - what's FloJo done to make us believe in him? This is more ala Blackman. ? Let's hope we can send him off to show his qualities elsewhere...

Sith Happens
22 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Harry Redknapp said Nick Blackman was the most technically gifted player we had from what he saw on the training ground.

Yeah but he also got his dog to do his taxes so....

22 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I now have the vision of someone with 6ft long arms............thanks

Archived