Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

Death at a Funeral (both versions)

I have seen the US ‘black’ version a few times, which is a remake of a British indie comedy film. 

I really like the US version, and it follows the original very closely. Watched the British one on Netflix. It’s good, only just falls short on like ability. The US cast are more likeable as characters, and infind it slightly funnier, although both good films. 

I think of it as my Dad will prefer the British one, due to his love of British comedy. Christmas present sorted.

8/10 original 9/10 remake

• 2 weeks later...

Breathhttps://www.imdb.com/title/tt1553659/?ref_=nv_sr_1                                                                                    American Animalshttps://www.imdb.com/title/tt6212478/?ref_=nv_sr_1                                                                        Both fab. Nuff said.

Edited by 86 points

Mission Impossible -Fallout - Best of the series. Edge of the seat and never lets up, Some great action sequences as expected from Mr Cruise in these films. Good stuff 9/10. Docked a mark as you need to listen carefully to the dialogue so you can follow what's going on.

On ‎31‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 14:51, Chester40 said:

From the very beginning to the very end it was truly mind-bogglingly awful. Unfair to pick out a particular bit!!!

It's not a bad movie, I prefer it over Football Factory although the main lead (Charlie Hunnam or something) doesn't possess a London accent, goes off on a tangent all over the UK, not sure who the voice coaches were on set.

Green Street Hooligans 2 by contrast is abysmal, I believe someone mentioned it.    How the hell are the perpetrators from the first movie in a lockdown in California, and best of all they stage some sort of game at the end against Millwall prisoners (?) where the winners get released or allowed to walk out the main gate (!).    Just for good measure Bennett from Commando was the warden if correct.     ?

You want a good credible soccer film that addresses hooligan aspects then go with The Firm with Gary Oldman or maybe ID.   

2 hours ago, Minneapolis American ITFC said:

It's not a bad movie, I prefer it over Football Factory although the main lead (Charlie Hunnam or something) doesn't possess a London accent, goes off on a tangent all over the UK, not sure who the voice coaches were on set.

Green Street Hooligans 2 by contrast is abysmal, I believe someone mentioned it.    How the hell are the perpetrators from the first movie in a lockdown in California, and best of all they stage some sort of game at the end against Millwall prisoners (?) where the winners get released or allowed to walk out the main gate (!).    Just for good measure Bennett from Commando was the warden if correct.     ?

You want a good credible soccer film that addresses hooligan aspects then go with The Firm with Gary Oldman or maybe ID.   

I thought the Football Factory book was great...and thought provoking about the jarring inconsistency of the thinking behind being a hooligan. The film was never going to catch the nuances of it....then you get Danny Dyer in it...and it just became everything bad about the book.

ID is a great film..everything that Green Street obviously copied and tried to capture but just couldn't.  Didn't realise til recently it was a true story. Good read too.

Rise of the Footsoldier was a good film too.

On 19/08/2018 at 03:28, Minneapolis American ITFC said:

Great film that. A mate of mine was obsessed with that film back in the day and constantly recited dialogue from it. Did all of our heads in so much that he nearly got a good hiding himself.

2 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Great film that. A mate of mine was obsessed with that film back in the day and constantly recited dialogue from it. Did all of our heads in so much that he nearly got a good hiding himself.

"Come on the train did you? From London?... Ahhh, hitchhicked... One nil to me!... And your name is... Michael Jackson... 'Gonna need more plastic surgery Michael"

On 20/08/2018 at 12:08, maxjam said:

Flight - Sky are running Denzel Washington movies atm and this was very good despite being a bit predictable

8/10

Speaking of Denzel, just seen Equalizer 2 and thoroughly recommend it.

Christopher Robin was really good as well I thought.

Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. 

Despite the contrived romantic denouement, it's a heartwarming depiction of a community pulling together under duress. Well acted and visually rich, with a few plot twists along the way, and the general message; don't be a nazi!

7/10