Forum Zoom Meetup

Day

2 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I asked a mix of topics....geography,  history, literature,  folk customs and fetshism. 

So a broad range from which "candidates demonstrated little knowledge" as exam reports would say.

But all feedback is good feedback they say, so I have slightly adjusted the level for next week and will introduce more multiple choice just for @Boycie. Heres a prototype question to test you out....

Which famous WW2 aircraft was invented and developed in Southampton by R J Mitchell?

A Concorde

B Spitfire

C Imperial Star Destroyer?

?

I honestly didn’t know we had Concorde during the Second World War. Was it held back because it was too fast?

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I asked a mix of topics....geography,  history, literature,  folk customs and fetshism. 

So a broad range from which "candidates demonstrated little knowledge" as exam reports would say.

But all feedback is good feedback they say, so I have slightly adjusted the level for next week and will introduce more multiple choice just for @Boycie. Heres a prototype question to test you out....

Which famous WW2 aircraft was invented and developed in Southampton by R J Mitchell?

A Concorde

B Spitfire

C Imperial Star Destroyer?

?

We all knew the answer to the fetishism question, but got it wrong on purpose so as to avoid embarrassment (actually I think @angieram got it right but her's was a guess ?)

10 minutes ago, richinspain said:

We all knew the answer to the fetishism question, but got it wrong on purpose so as to avoid embarrassment (actually I think @angieram got it right but her's was a guess ?)

I had one lucky guess each round, that's why I scored 1 in most of them! 

46 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I honestly didn’t know we had Concorde during the Second World War. Was it held back because it was too fast?

Was left parked out the back of the Supermarine factory in Southampton disguised as a sopwith camel cos it was thought to be unsporting to the Germans to surprise them with supersonic flight....?

17 hours ago, Boycie said:

Pressures on next week not to get the wooden spoon if @David has made his excuses.

I might roll up in a 6 men/women team, BBQ starts at 1pm, by 5pm we’ll have to see what happens. 

Archived