v RB Salzburg U19 (A) - Youth Matchday Thread

Bubbles

1 minute ago, Rammy03 said:

I'd rather us beat man United than Salzburg. First team is the priority after all

No guarantee Sibley, Whittaker, Knight play against Utd though - any of them could just be on the bench.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, ossieram said:

And how would you feel if we were winning and we picked up a couple of injuries and didn't have those players available because they had played today?

Do you really think that Sibley will appear tomorrow, even off the bench? Whittaker perhaps, but I don’t see Cocu favouring Sibley over one of the senior players against Man United.

Unreal strike to give Salzburg the dominant scoreline they deserve. Excellent side who were unlucky to face this early really, think they’ll be a threat in the later stage. We’ve certainly not been outfought, just outclassed. Great effort from the lads to get this far, should be proud of themselves. As always at this level, it’s not the results that matter, it’s the development of the players and producing first team quality talents. We did really well to compete up until this point, but the gulf between our youngsters and those in the real top European academies is pretty clear in terms of composure and athleticism sadly.

Still, no doubt the experience will be really beneficial in these lads future development. There won’t be many who’ve competed at this sort of level at their age.

1 minute ago, OohMartWright said:

Do you really think that Sibley will appear tomorrow, even off the bench? Whittaker perhaps, but I don’t see Cocu favouring Sibley over one of the senior players against Man United.

I suppose it depends on the state of play and who he would replace if somebody picked up a knock.

Bit of a choker this, but I suppose with half the best 11 in or around the senior team these days it was always going to be hard. No excuses though. Our midfield went missing today with nobody wanting to get on the ball and try to pass through their press. We've made them look a much better side than they are. The sole real shining light for us was Festy Ebosele who was excellent throughout.

Not much else to say really other than I hope Salzburg get absolutely smashed in the next round, the horrible, little, cheaty scrotes that they are.

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Unreal strike to give Salzburg the dominant scoreline they deserve. Excellent side who were unlucky to face this early really, think they’ll be a threat in the later stage. We’ve certainly not been outfought, just outclassed.

The lads have been a credit to the club

Commitment at work meant that I couldn't even follow this on Twitter.

Whilst it is disappointing to lose today, we have a very young team out there with little experience in midfield, particularly.  It's great to see more posters taking an interest in the youngsters but some of the comments are very harsh.

I suspect if we had been at home we would have risked Whittaker at least, but with Sibley suspended there was no chance Bird or Knight could have played. 

I am also sorry to read that the Salzburg players seem to have bought some of the fouls. Our lads at that level play with a refreshing level of honesty - one of the reasons that I enjoy watching them so much.

I am really proud of our youngsters. It's been a great experience for them and hopefully will encourage them to work even harder on their game.

Second goal unfortunately killed us off, a bad goal to lose right before half time and RB Strazburg managed the game second half, unfortunately using all the tricks that makes the game even harder to get back in, and harder to watch, when we want to see our boys win it fairly. Great to recognise a few faces I've had the pleasure to be with at pre season friendlies abroad etc hope they enjoy a few beers, and have a safe journey home.

Hopefully the Rams can put a smile back on their faces tomorrow night.

D.C.F.C Love, Life & Unity.

Me and Hilda had a great time at match .. off fer sum apple strudel  wi ice cream... then time fer sum lubrication after I've managed ta get bbc 2 on mi phone ta watch Andrew Marr destroy Keir starmer and blonde hair bit o fluff 

3 minutes ago, Owd miner said:

Me and Hilda had a great time at match .. off fer sum apple strudel  wi ice cream... then time fer sum lubrication after I've managed ta get bbc 2 on mi phone ta watch Andrew Marr destroy Keir starmer and blonde hair bit o fluff 

Go easy on the lubrication you mucky pup.

Archived