Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Thanks for worrying about my mental health.

I'd be more worried about yourself I was you. 

Incessantly following my posts so that you can post a laughing emoji on them, in an attempt to launch a response so you can launch a tirade of abuse...well it really cant be good for your mental health.

You posted a laughing emoji on the post of @86 Hair Islands that you then quoted, crying that he had the audacity to post a laughing emoji in response to one of yours.

3 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Well I have made full recovery even through messier my asmisa up a bit but i carry blue inhaler just in case I have asmisa attack but cold does not help it.

do you take the brown one mate to prevent it ?

I'm like you cold weather affects my asthma.

glad you are feeling better. 

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

If you say so. 

That rather conveniently denies this all alleged person the chance to respond.

Ah well, don’t worry I didn’t have you down as one.........or did I?

Three different people had warned me that they believed they had more side effects to the vaccination than average, having like me had Covid. 

Nothing proved but I didn't sleep a single wink last night. Terrible shakes and aches followed by just burning-up all over. 

Internet suggests the 2nd dose usually has more side effects? Not looking forward to that. 

I only had mild symptoms so the vaccination was worse than Covid. Not sure I am going to be doing it annually! 

1 minute ago, Chester40 said:

Three different people had warned me that they believed they had more side effects to the vaccination than average, having like me had Covid. 

Nothing proved but I didn't sleep a single wink last night. Terrible shakes and aches followed by just burning-up all over. 

Internet suggests the 2nd dose usually has more side effects? Not looking forward to that. 

I only had mild symptoms so the vaccination was worse than Covid. Not sure I am going to be doing it annually! 

Steady , your on the thin line of antivax conspiracy theorist misinformation spreader

7 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

That's why I stopped having the flu jab (provided by my employer) years ago - because the only time in my life I felt like I had flu was after one of the vaccinations, so it felt a bit pointless. It depends on your individual risk factors I suppose but if you had mild symptoms this time, you might not next - cos this thing isn't going away, even if it will most likely mutate into a less dangerous seasonal virus.

My mum & dad had the AZ jab in the last couple of weeks. Dad had no side effects & mum had similar to you for a couple of days.

18 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

So not even you know who you mean??

I haven’t got a clue to be honest, about anything ? apart from football, I’m ok on that topic 

21 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Try not to read this thread at bedtime in future...?

22 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

I was 'achy' over the weekend, had mine friday. Everyone i know has been ok, or just a bit achy.

Like you say maybe because you already have covid anti bodies in your system.

From BBC News Web

Covid: NHS gowns 'suspended' from use due to packaging concern

The use of ten million surgical gowns, bought by the UK government, has been suspended for frontline NHS staff because of how the items were packaged.

Sterile gowns were bought for £70m from a US firm last year, but safety concerns were raised when they arrived in one layer of protective packaging.

The contract had not requested double packaging, as used in sterile settings.

The government says all PPE is quality assured, but Labour has called for an inquiry into the awarding of contracts.

The BBC has been investigating the purchase of PPE - or personal protective equipment - for NHS staff since the beginning of the pandemic. It has already been revealed how millions of face masks bought by the UK government cannot be used in the NHS as intended.

From the same article:

The gowns came from the same firm that paid millions of pounds of UK taxpayer cash to a Spanish businessman to source PPE for the NHS.

Last November, the BBC revealed Gabriel Gonzalez Andersson was paid $28m (£21m) in UK government cash by Saiger to find PPE as part of two deals.

For his work on the £70m contract for the surgical gowns - which was separate to those earlier deals - he was in line to be paid a further $16m (£12m).

However, documents filed in a US court allege that he then stopped doing any work for Saiger, leaving the firm "scrambling" to fulfil its contracts by other means. It's not clear whether Mr Andersson received any of the money for this deal.

53 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

From BBC News Web

Covid: NHS gowns 'suspended' from use due to packaging concern

The use of ten million surgical gowns, bought by the UK government, has been suspended for frontline NHS staff because of how the items were packaged.

Sterile gowns were bought for £70m from a US firm last year, but safety concerns were raised when they arrived in one layer of protective packaging.

The contract had not requested double packaging, as used in sterile settings.

The government says all PPE is quality assured, but Labour has called for an inquiry into the awarding of contracts.

The BBC has been investigating the purchase of PPE - or personal protective equipment - for NHS staff since the beginning of the pandemic. It has already been revealed how millions of face masks bought by the UK government cannot be used in the NHS as intended.

From the same article:

The gowns came from the same firm that paid millions of pounds of UK taxpayer cash to a Spanish businessman to source PPE for the NHS.

Last November, the BBC revealed Gabriel Gonzalez Andersson was paid $28m (£21m) in UK government cash by Saiger to find PPE as part of two deals.

For his work on the £70m contract for the surgical gowns - which was separate to those earlier deals - he was in line to be paid a further $16m (£12m).

However, documents filed in a US court allege that he then stopped doing any work for Saiger, leaving the firm "scrambling" to fulfil its contracts by other means. It's not clear whether Mr Andersson received any of the money for this deal.

And?

15 hours ago, rammieib said:

RIP the aviation sector with what’s reportedly coming out tomorrow.

BREAKING:

"UK and Irish residents returning from coronavirus hotspots face fines of up to £10,000 and 10-year jail sentences if they break new travel rules, Health Secretary Matt Hancock has said.

People who have to quarantine in hotels will have to pay £1,750, he said.

This covers the cost of accommodation, transport and testing.

Mr Hancock said the policy applied to England but the devolved administrations were looking at similar measures.

Arrivals who fail to declare they have been in any of the 33 so-called red list countries face prison sentences of up to 10 years.

Those who do not quarantine in hotels when required to face fines of £5,000, rising to £10,000.

Passengers face fines of up to £10,000 for failing to quarantine and those who lie on their passenger locator forms face up to 10 years in jail."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55995645

Archived