Coronavirus

1of4

I am really hoping people will stick to the rules no matter if we agree or not. I continue to see evidence of rule breaking, yet the longer people continue to break rules the longer we will be under restrictions surely.

My mate and his wife video called us Friday, he dropped in first that he had been in the area and nearly called me to call for a coffee...1. He knows im shielding. 2. You cant call anyway.

Then later they dropped it in that his wifes brother and girlfriend had been round to theirs the previous week for drinks....

So if thats 2 things that were dropped out casually what else is he doing? He wont be alone either.

I know its hard, i miss seeing my family, but come on use some common sense is all i think.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im just glad @Albert wasnt around in the early days on this thread when SmithsTaven was telling us there was nothing to worry about, or some (not many) posters were actually saying it might not be a bad thing to shed a fair portion of the worlds population. His head might literally have exploded. I would have worried for Alberts wellbeing ?

10 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I didn't watch it but some of the new rules seem to make a bit more sense now, especially addressing the ludicrous situation of cinemas and theatres open, but outdoor sports venues closed to spectators. All pubs not having the same kicking out time too, with an hour to finish up. They also actually said what metrics would be used for setting the tiers.  Setting this out until March suggests at something like a plan too, hopefully with some light at the end of the tunnel.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Cummings has gone and there now seems to be some logic and explanation too.  I read one article by a former special advisor and his regime sounded appalling. When the inquiries do come, I imagine it will blame Cummings for much of the botched response. Why he was allowed to wield so much power in a democracy is slightly scary though.

I think what boris has done though is still chasing as much positive news as possible. Yesterday he got his UK vaccine info out and some minor headlines about live sport being open etc.

On Thursday the bad news will come out that almost every large population centre will be placed in tier 3 hence the ‘lcokdown’ will continue - the difference between the current rules and new tier 3 is just that non essential shops can open (and gyms). Don’t expect pubs to open this year anywhere in notts, Derbys or leics this side of Xmas. Greater Manchester, London, Birmingham, Leeds, Sheffield, Newcastle will be the same.

I think compliance will start to fall again because frankly 5 months of no social contact is just ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

I think what boris has done though is still chasing as much positive news as possible. Yesterday he got his UK vaccine info out and some minor headlines about live sport being open etc.

On Thursday the bad news will come out that almost every large population centre will be placed in tier 3 hence the ‘lcokdown’ will continue - the difference between the current rules and new tier 3 is just that non essential shops can open (and gyms). Don’t expect pubs to open this year anywhere in notts, Derbys or leics this side of Xmas. Greater Manchester, London, Birmingham, Leeds, Sheffield, Newcastle will be the same.

I think compliance will start to fall again because frankly 5 months of no social contact is just ridiculous.

Oh yeah, he is still just a fool desperate to be liked. But at least there is a hint at some transparency now and some longer term planning. He is just a weak front man. Hopefully we have someone more competent pulling the strings now.

15 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

I am really hoping people will stick to the rules no matter if we agree or not. I continue to see evidence of rule breaking, yet the longer people continue to break rules the longer we will be under restrictions surely.

My mate and his wife video called us Friday, he dropped in first that he had been in the area and nearly called me to call for a coffee...1. He knows im shielding. 2. You cant call anyway.

Then later they dropped it in that his wifes brother and girlfriend had been round to theirs the previous week for drinks....

So if thats 2 things that were dropped out casually what else is he doing? He wont be alone either.

I know its hard, i miss seeing my family, but come on use some common sense is all i think.

I 'bumped into' some friends at the park on Sunday, both quite high up at The Royal Derby Hospital.

Was surprised to hear that even they were not following the rules to the letter.

They thought they were over the top and nonsensical. 

They did confirm that the number of Covid patients in the Royal Derby Hospital were higher than back in March/April but said they are still coping ok.

50 minutes ago, Albert said:

Did I say capacity was reached? 

Elective procedures were indeed cancelled to allow greater capacity. It seems you're trying to play your 'gotcha' game again, rather than actually engage in the discussion. 

No, but you are insinuating these elective procedures have had to be cancelled because of this, when in fact it would appear that they have been cancelled in a state of panic due to wildly wrong predictions.

I like it when someone challenges you its because its a 'gotcha game' but when you challenge other people its because they are flat out wrong and posting misinformation. 

Like others, Ive become completely bored of your stance now.

It may turn out that everything you have said ends up being correct, it may not.

Either way, Ive just completely lost the will to respond to you.

I will let you have the last word and await your 'I have won the debate retort'.

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

No, but you are insinuating these elective procedures have had to be cancelled because of this, when in fact it would appear that they have been cancelled in a state of panic due to wildly wrong predictions.

Do you have a source that the cancellations weren't required? 

Do you have a source that predictions were wildly wrong? 

I like it when someone challenges you its because its a 'gotcha game' but when you challenge other people its because they are flat out wrong and posting misinformation. 

I explain my point, and what I'm looking for. You pick a point, ask a question, with a predetermined answer in mind, seemingly with the sole intention of a 'gotcha'. Case in point was the tax discussion, where my position was backed, but you already had your conclusion written before the question was even asked. 

It may turn out that everything you have said ends up being correct, it may not.'

I'm not sure what you're expecting to change about my points. What do you think out of what I've been posting will change in time?

I will let you have the last word and await your 'I have won the debate retort'.

That's lovely dear. 

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The NHS don’t start cancelling stuff because of panic. They start cancelling stuff when they physically can’t do it anymore or it is unsafe and detrimental to health to continue. 

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

It may turn out that everything you have said ends up being correct, it may not.

1 hour ago, alexxxxx said:

8 months and counting here already.

You just need a good hobby, the odd beer, and the floor space to put them, of course.

Beera.thumb.jpg.215c0ab3ef319c1b4af31d335960e956.jpgBeerb.thumb.jpg.93ece7bcd395e1147f96111cda399c48.jpgBeerc.thumb.jpg.08c4599c1b654d8d331f2e819eecbe77.jpgBeerd.thumb.jpg.11eadf0a4e82dcf436787221d837249b.jpgBeere.thumb.jpg.20f8949affc656c4b524ab5eba7b70db.jpgBeerf.thumb.jpg.025e7926d17c882646bd0603f63a0161.jpgBeerg.thumb.jpg.99cdb7216571a8bef100216c755053c8.jpg

16 minutes ago, Eddie said:

8 months and counting here already.

You just need a good hobby, the odd beer, and the floor space to put them, of course.

Beera.thumb.jpg.215c0ab3ef319c1b4af31d335960e956.jpgBeerb.thumb.jpg.93ece7bcd395e1147f96111cda399c48.jpgBeerc.thumb.jpg.08c4599c1b654d8d331f2e819eecbe77.jpgBeerd.thumb.jpg.11eadf0a4e82dcf436787221d837249b.jpgBeere.thumb.jpg.20f8949affc656c4b524ab5eba7b70db.jpgBeerf.thumb.jpg.025e7926d17c882646bd0603f63a0161.jpgBeerg.thumb.jpg.99cdb7216571a8bef100216c755053c8.jpg

Thats beer right?  I thought the pandemic had turned you into Howard Hughes for a moment... ?

4 hours ago, Albert said:

I find this summation interesting. Can I ask, do you actually support the likes of @maxjam posting disinformation videos, without further comment etc? I can get that as arguments evolve, they can get more complicated, with more to read through before understanding them, but ultimately that is the nature of forums. 

As to why I'm here, you could check my history if you wish. I've been a poster on here for a long time, but haven't posted much in recent years, as I've taken a back seat mostly to read. As I'm overseas, there's not really a lot for me to add to the discussion, save for the occasional moment when I get a chance to watch matches lives. 

I used to post far more frequently, mostly around stats, but much like this thread it just became a repetitive case of a few posters following me around telling me that numbers didn't belong in the sport. Wasn't really worth the effort, and I moved on to other pursuits with time, and eventually stopped posting much all together. 

As to why post on this thread, when I get my teeth sunk into a discussion I tend to just go with it. I have a bit of time in the evenings and occasionally the mornings to respond if I feel like it. That said, it's replaced some of the time I'd read other threads. 

As to 'inform and educate', ultimately, some people have their head in the sand, and will stay that way. The original point was to point out some errors, but the discussion has evolved to focus on whether I'm a bot, or when I go to bed, so that's interesting. 

Disinformation videos , repeat disinformation videos , I’m stunned that a lot of people on here I consider liberal in attitude don’t find this jargon alarming,

have we actually crossed the line yet or is it just blurred ? Where a government and its supporters can label anything by anybody whether highly qualified and highly respected in a variety of fields as MISINFORMATION like they are agitators trying to destabilise the ruling regime and have it and them censored , deplatformed , personally and professionally vilified and attacked verbally on social media and other media.

I was sceptical when those same people raised huge concerns over this kind of thing re election tampering ,brexit stuff and more but now I’m not so sure ,

reminds me of the old joke regards Russian tv back in the day ,, apparently there were only two channels

Russia tv 1 was a government propaganda channel

Russia tv 2 was just a presenter on loop saying sternly ,TURN OVER TO CHANNEL 1

i really hope people continue to post alternative videos , article s and opinions so we can all make our own minds up as once that is wiped out we are ducked

imagine if trump had had the power to censor fake news ??‍♂️

4 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I 'bumped into' some friends at the park on Sunday, both quite high up at The Royal Derby Hospital.

Was surprised to hear that even they were not following the rules to the letter.

They thought they were over the top and nonsensical. 

They did confirm that the number of Covid patients in the Royal Derby Hospital were higher than back in March/April but said they are still coping ok.

Bob the head cleaner and Janice head chef in staff canteen...know them well and they told me same thing ?

50 minutes ago, Archied said:

i really hope people continue to post alternative videos , article s and opinions so we can all make our own minds up as once that is wiped out we are ducked

I don't mind people posting videos with alternate views - as long as they don't mind if others call them out as nonsense. 

It's either a two way street or it isn't. 

That said - It's seems a pretty easy way to tell if someone has fallen down the rabbit hole or not, if they get irrationally angry about people not taking their youtubes seriously

49 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

I don't mind people posting videos with alternate views - as long as they don't mind if others call them out as nonsense. 

That said - It's seems a pretty easy way to tell if someone has fallen down the rabbit hole or not, if they get irrationally angry about people not taking their youtubes seriously

With you all the way , it’s a two way street but things seemed to have moved very quickly away from that place where we posted stuff , threw it around and made our own minds up what we thought was nonsense and what we thought sat right with us or struck a chord ,

now we are onto posting misinformation videos or anti vax content , was really interesting to see the trap set whereby you could not just say that though you were not opposed to anybody else taking the vaccine you we’re personally not comfortable at this point to choose to take it yourself , you had justify yourself to some which then is turned into posting anti vax content, so you either have to stay quiet on the subject , accept others views and take it without question or accept being badgered and labelled all sorts from granny killer to conspiracy theorist.

did anybody get irrationaly angry over the Mike yeadon video posted ? 

far from subtle change s in my view ??‍♂️

1 hour ago, SchtivePesley said:

Wouldnt you rather it be the experts calling it out as nonsense and explaining why, rather than just some random guy on a football forum.

If it was just one person with an alternative view and no qualifications or links to the medical profession I can understand it being ignored. When it is much more than that then surely the Government should be listening to the points raised and explaining to people why they are not using the advice.

It may be that the Government are doing that.

From the outside though it looks like that the only thought is to stop any more Covid deaths and completly disregard everything else.

Archived