Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Archied said:

So should I ignore them on taking the vaccine?

you should ignore them on everything!

By all means listen for entertainment, if you love listening to a good argument and people being controversial for the sake of it.

But for gawds sake don't listen to Talk Radio for anything serious or important

It's just an entertainment channel. But you know that because you're "well aware of tactics of click bait and controversial shows to generate phone in traffic" - so I highly doubt you'd even consider them as a worthy source of facts

5 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

By all means listen for entertainment, if you love listening to a good argument and people being controversial for the sake of it.

It's just an entertainment channel. But you know that because you're "well aware of tactics of click bait and controversial shows to generate phone in traffic" - so I highly doubt you'd even consider them as a worthy source of facts

How often do you listen to it?

48 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

So don’t have the vaccine then ??

Let's be honest the Guardian is completely biased to the left and puts out false narratives and ignores nuances and at the same time Talk Radio are the same in the opposite direction although are atleast on the side of reasoning that respects the ordinary individual more and realises why any dissent is taking place. Would be good if there was a more politically neutral nuanced debate shows with people arguing different things in a respectful way. Snobbily dismissing un academic sources is what makes people want to follow them more, can't call stuff nonsense fake news and make people change their mind.

46 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Let's be honest the Guardian is completely biased to the left and puts out false narratives and ignores nuances and at the same time Talk Radio are the same in the opposite direction although are atleast on the side of reasoning that respects the ordinary individual more and realises why any dissent is taking place. Would be good if there was a more politically neutral nuanced debate shows with people arguing different things in a respectful way. Snobbily dismissing un academic sources is what makes people want to follow them more, can't call stuff nonsense fake news and make people change their mind.

"My ignorance is just as valid as your knowledge" seems to be the mantra coming from some quarters

53 minutes ago, Archied said:

So don’t have the vaccine then ??

Don't get your science from the Beano. 

I'm not saying don't read the beano. I'm not even saying it's wrong. 

I'm saying go to a grown up reliable source of information. 

Same goes with talksport. It is an entertainment outlet. 

25 minutes ago, Eddie said:

"My ignorance is just as valid as your knowledge" seems to be the mantra coming from some quarters

That's the purest ignorance.  It's not ignorance contesting government approaches and challenging things, there's not just one way of doing things.  Not everyone wants to be locked up, even the oldest people.Since when is it the government's right to shut things down and screw over people's lives? Nobody voted for these measures so it's anti democratic and authoritian, even if it's deemed necessary in my eyes nothing gives the government that power. 

10 hours ago, Archied said:

No I’m not drawing any line, I don’t care if icke posts about lizard people , does himself more harm than anybody else,

yes to a point but I’m sure you would agree by the same token that plenty plenty harm has been done by accepted science and medical thinking of its time over the years?

what we ( me) are talking about here is the principle of any one side deciding what is disinformation and banning it from being seen heard or written about ?‍♂️

Stuff from people like yeadon and other highly qualified and respected people is not misinformation to be banned it’s opinion and theory to be investigated, evaluated and proved or disproved in fullness, they may well be wrong in some parts and may well be right or have valid points to make in other parts,

His claims were outright incorrect, there were basic factual errors. The concern isn't opinion, it's literal disinformation in what he was claiming. The stuff was already evaluated, he was just lying to his audience, and that kind of thing is dangerous. 

16 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Hope they have some extra staff ready to answer the phones at the Samaritans...

Those figures are truly phenomenal

It's going to be absolutely devastating. Probably cause more death and misery than Covid has. The lockdown cheerleaders got what they wanted though.

23 minutes ago, Andicis said:

It's going to be absolutely devastating. Probably cause more death and misery than Covid has. The lockdown cheerleaders got what they wanted though.

Who ever are these 'lockdown cheerleaders' exactly? I honestly haven't seen anyone on here who thinks they are a positive thing, I certainly don't. They're a horrible thing, which should be avoided through better policy. They're a fallback when things go wrong, the issue is that the UK's response has been so poor as to require them at this point. 

Archived