Coronavirus

1of4

I'm mightily fed up with the government changing the travel advice at the drop of a hat/with such short notice. Like many I've worked throughout the pandemic as normal and not being able to go away is really starting to grind.

I can understand for the real hotspots but when they talk about quarantining places like Poland and Sweden where the infection rate is 3x lower than in the UK really smacks of arbitrary and non-targeted measures.

Personally I think Boris and his team of clowns have done an appalling job at 'managing' this pandemic and the current draconian measures are an overcorrection to the blase attitude they took at the start of the crisis.

For god's sake, while we still have an economy to save, stop with this nonsense now.  

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Albert said:

Did I ever say they, or anyone else, was lazy? 

You see, your comment is the kind of lazy that stifles discussion. Maybe actually read my comments before trying to drastically misrepresent them. 

No, I did.

I misrepresented an argument just as you misrepresented one. 

Obviously you should read comments and try understand them before replying but that appears to be beyond you. 

From Facebook, but it is a good question still. 

So you think that the governments of the world managed to unite in the implementation of a nefarious plan, meticulously executed in perfect synchronisation (barring Sweden), to hoodwink 7.8 billion people into thinking there's a fake virus by bribing every scientist, epidemiologist, healthcare worker, MP and journalist on the planet, purely to stop you going to music festivals and to make you look a Bamford in Tesco? Yet you're adamant they'll fail to ensure there's an adequate supply of bog roll.

7 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

From Facebook, but it is a good question still. 

So you think that the governments of the world managed to unite in the implementation of a nefarious plan, meticulously executed in perfect synchronisation (barring Sweden), to hoodwink 7.8 billion people into thinking there's a fake virus by bribing every scientist, epidemiologist, healthcare worker, MP and journalist on the planet, purely to stop you going to music festivals and to make you look a Bamford in Tesco? Yet you're adamant they'll fail to ensure there's an adequate supply of bog roll.

Saw “from Facebook” and was going stop there. However do you think that’s what people think, if so you’re not listening (or reading)

41 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

I remember when we could go indoors without having to wear a mask and there were no spikes in infections or hospitisations or deaths. 

I would love to know how people can explain Gym's still being open up and down the country. You'd think considering no one wears masks in gyms, and masks are so effective, that there would have been localised spikes at many gyms. Nope. 

Having spent time in gyms and pubs since COVID, I feel far far far safer in the gym.

As far as I know no UK cases have been traced to a gym and I have not heard of any closing due to infections.

Gyms are generally spaced apart with good ventilation and no drunk people

Can we keep the Facebook arguments on Facebook. We've already highlighted this issue. You guys are bringing arguments from Facebook and then projecting them on to people in this thread. 

No one is saying this is a fake virus in this thread. Also not every scientist, epidemiologist, healthcare worker, MP and journalist on the planet takes one sole united view on Covid. 

Expressions like listen to the scientists are among the stupidest and laziest a person can make. Many voices and opinions exist, even among scientists. 

3 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

Having spent time in gyms and pubs since COVID, I feel far far far safer in the gym.

As far as I know no UK cases have been traced to a gym and I have not heard of any closing due to infections.

Gyms are generally spaced apart with good ventilation and no drunk people

Gyms get as busy as pubs and bars currently and people are often in close proximity in gyms. I see it almost everyday. Exercising also requires more inhalation and exhalation than sitting on your arse in a pub. 

It's quite astonishing that we aren't getting reports and closures. Millions of people go to gyms every week. 

12 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

Can we keep the Facebook arguments on Facebook. We've already highlighted this issue. You guys are bringing arguments from Facebook and then projecting them on to people in this thread. 

But the idea that all the world governments are together in this, working against their own interests to cripple their economies - solely out of fear of the unknown? And the only people who can see this is wrong are a handful of people with bad grammar on a football forum?

I'm unconvinced. I think Albert has pretty much told you everything you need to know, but you still think there's a simple way of avoiding some difficult choices. 

3 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

But the idea that all the world governments are together in this, working against their own interests to cripple their economies - solely out of fear of the unknown? And the only people who can see this is wrong are a handful of people with bad grammar on a football forum?

I'm unconvinced. I think Albert has pretty much told you everything you need to know, but you still think there's a simple way of avoiding some difficult choices. 

Literally nobody thinks that on here. I've never seen anyone say they think it's an inside job that isn't completely nuts. You can, however, believe that other countries have had better strategies than this one. 

14 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Literally nobody thinks that on here. I've never seen anyone say they think it's an inside job that isn't completely nuts

And the thing is, I could think of at least two more plausible conspiracy theories if I tried, but no one is mentioning them

I have zero evidence for them - so obviously I don't believe them, and wouldn't be going on twitter hawking them to the gullible.

6 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

And the thing is, I could think of at least two more plausible conspiracy theories if I tried, but no one is mentioning them

Well that’s not cricket is it, you can’t leave it like that. Come on, what are they? 

38 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

And that right here is your problem. Despite numerous posts, from multiple posters, explaining their position on this, you've intentionally ignored them. Deciding instead to be ignorant and arrogant enough to making sweeping generalisations and pick on grammar. 

Keep your trolling to yourself.

9 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Well that’s not cricket is it, you can’t leave it like that. Come on, what are they? 

Happy to state them here if people are willing to have civil fun debating them, and no one tries to say that this is actually what Mad Stive thinks...

I really don't - I just think they are slightly more plausible than the "bill gates wants to create a new world order of vaccinated drones" craziness that is doing the rounds

1)  The global capitalist system has a massive problem with the inability to sustain infinite growth, despite the whole thing being based on that very scenario. The idea of a global crash that resets the field  was never going to happen via coordinated natural economic means. A pandemic is a perfect way to trash everyone's economies by a similar amount. You can see that might appeal to some of the so-called "elite" (who wont be the ones losing money)

2) a pandemic that targets the elderly more than the young is a good way to transfer a lot of the wealth that sits in the lap of the older generations. Particularly in terms of property. And with people living much longer. We know the property market is beyond screwed so a generation inheriting a house or a big wedge from Granny 10-20 years earlier than they would normally is actually a decent result in some ways. Again - you can see this might be appealing to some of the psychopaths we have in government.

Erm...discuss?

1 minute ago, SchtivePesley said:

Happy to state them here if people are willing to have civil fun debating them, and no one tries to say that this is actually what Mad Stive thinks...

I really don't - I just think they are slightly more plausible than the "bill gates wants to create a new world order of vaccinated drones" craziness that is doing the rounds

1)  The global capitalist system has a massive problem with the inability to sustain infinite growth, despite the whole thing being based on that very scenario. The idea of a global crash that resets the field  was never going to happen via coordinated natural economic means. A pandemic is a perfect way to trash everyone's economies by a similar amount. You can see that might appeal to some of the so-called "elite" (who wont be the ones losing money)

2) a pandemic that targets the elderly more than the young is a good way to transfer a lot of the wealth that sits in the lap of the older generations. Particularly in terms of property. And with people living much longer. We know the property market is beyond screwed so a generation inheriting a house or a big wedge from Granny 10-20 years earlier than they would normally is actually a decent result in some ways. Again - you can see this might be appealing to some of the psychopaths we have in government.

Erm...discuss?

I don't believe in either. 

Or satan worshipping paedos. 

4 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Erm...discuss?

Bloody hell mad Steve, and the forum thinks I’m crazy!

Seriously though interesting thoughts, I’m going to read again before I comment. 

Archived