Coronavirus

1of4

2 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Sorry to hear that hope you both get well soon.  I do think you are probably on the wrong thread though given you have a real knowledge of it?

We have just about come through it thanks but still have some after effects 

Wouldn’t wish it on anyone. 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

Round about way of saying they are motivated by fear. I agree. Said this yesterday to crickets after I was a acssued of being some mad lizard people hating conspiracy theorists. 

Today, you start it up again. 

Fear, they are motivated by fear. 

That doesn't make sense. 

You think the evidence supports no lockdown. But governments look at evidence and it leaves them in fear. Fear of what, saving lives? 

Clearly most governments think there's a chance your evidence is wrong. Otherwise what's to fear? 

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

I think you will find Hospital staff in the Royal Derby on the front line have died of this virus unfortunately at least 4 trying to save people .

Yeah, I've worked on Covid wards. Sat there in full gear watching them do amazing work. 

Thing is, we are much better at catching it earlier, treating it better, social distancing etc.

Hospitalisations were down 4 days in a row it was reported yesterday. 

Hope you get better soon. 

1 minute ago, Norman said:

Yeah, I've worked on Covid wards. Sat there in full gear watching them do amazing work. 

Thing is, we are much better at catching it earlier, treating it better, social distancing etc.

Hospitalisations were down 4 days in a row it was reported yesterday. 

Hope you get better soon. 

Over 7000 cases and 71 deaths today though 

6 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

Round about way of saying they are motivated by fear. I agree. Said this yesterday to crickets after I was a acssued of being some mad lizard people hating conspiracy theorists. 

Today, you start it up again. 

Fear, they are motivated by fear. 

You weren't met by total silence, I agreed.  But I guess we're in the same cult so that doesn't count ?

But yeah I agree, motivated by fear.  Fear of being seen as monsters if they do nothing and fear of having the opposition use every death against them.  Its the same all over the world, no conspiracy other than the usual one.  Power.

4 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

That doesn't make sense. 

You think the evidence supports no lockdown. But governments look at evidence and it leaves them in fear. Fear of what, saving lives? 

Clearly most governments think there's a chance your evidence is wrong. Otherwise what's to fear? 

See above.

Why else would you willing tank your economy?  Surely the Tories aren't that caring as to actually want to save peoples lives?

7 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Over 7000 cases and 71 deaths today though 

I know, mate. I'm not denying it. 

I've seen what lockdown does to mental health. 

I've seen a COVID ward at the start of the pandemic. 

I'm not denying this isn't a real, dangerous virus for certain ages of society. 

I'm not furthering conspiracy theories. But I can't personally see a way out of lockdowns until a vaccine is made and rolled out to the masses. End of 2021 seems to be the best predictions. Economically that would be disastrous. 

6 minutes ago, Norman said:

I know, mate. I'm not denying it. 

I've seen what lockdown does to mental health. 

I've seen a COVID ward at the start of the pandemic. 

I'm not denying this isn't a real, dangerous virus. 

I'm not furthering conspiracy theories. But I can't personally see a way out of lockdowns until a vaccine is made and rolled out to the masses. End of 2021 seems to be the best predictions. Economically that would be disastrous. 

Well the vaccine is dependent on trials.  

One  group get placebos and the other group the Vaccine then of course the volunteers  have to be Infected in the community but it’s relies on high infection rates .

They are talking just before or just after the New Year for it too be ready. 

https://metro.co.uk/2020/09/21/hope-coronavirus-vaccine-could-be-ready-by-christmas-as-uk-battles-second-wave-13302502/

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

We aren't known for being highly educated. 

Who aren’t? Football fans, that’s one hell of a generalisation. I won’t, but  I could list my professional and academic achievements (as I’m sure many others could as well) that would make you feel a little embarrassed by that comment. 

46 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Just to let you know me and the Wife have suffered with this virus for 3.5 weeks.  

We are both 68 and I can assure anyone who doubts how bad this virus is to think again .

There for the grace of god go I 

Glad you and your Mrs are ok ?? 

12 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Who aren’t? Football fans, that’s one hell of a generalisation. I won’t, but  I could list my professional and academic achievements (as I’m sure many others could as well) that would make you feel a little embarrassed by that comment. 

I was generalising of course, but who is known generally as a group of highly intelligent people - football fans, or scientists? 

Come on, be honest. What's a stereotypical football fan like? What's a stereotypical scientist like? 

3 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I was generalising of course, but who is known generally as a group of highly intelligent people - football fans, or scientists? 

Come on, be honest. What's a stereotypical football fan like? What's a stereotypical scientist like? 

I really didn’t think you’d stereotype or generalise, I thought those accusations we’re only meant for a certain few.

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

there are people on this forum, and I'm pretty sure you will know some of them, who will have more expertise in certain fields than people who work for government, sponsored by philanthrapists with vested interests! Simply people on this forum, if they wanted to, could well be voted into government positions. Would I trust Donald Trump's scientific opinion over 99% of this forum? no chance.

I wouldn't trust Trumps's opinion over that of a yoghurt.

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

I can remember now why I used to get fed up with the politics thread every so often ?

Over the past 24 hours I'm one of a number that have been blocked by a user for daring to question the economic impact of covid instead of meekly prostrating myself at the alter of the almighty lockdown and now we're having conspiracy theories thrust upon us that without going through all 480 pages highly doubt that anyone has even bought up.

I would say you can't make this crap up, but you obviously can ?

No, I haven't blocked you, because you are not an utter dimwit.

18 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

You do realise one is a profession and one is a hobby don't you?

Archived