Roos

Eley1508

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
3 hours ago, Uptherams said:

Can see us potentially selling Carson and Roos. £2m combined at least. 

1,999,999.99 for Carson ?

2 hours ago, oldtimeram said:

He may be very good at some things, but goalkeeping isn't one of them 

Some may disagree with my views on Roos but he cannot grasp the fundamentals of goalkeeping and is nowhere near the standard required by this club

Mind you, if the alternative is Joe Hart, God help us!?

22 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Roos isn't as bad as some make out, but I just think he needs to go somewhere where he's the No1.

Always looks nervous, if he gets over his nerves he'll be OK and I think a fresh start might just do it for him.

I think we need to sign a good No1 for next season.

Errrrrrrr........T'Pau?

18 hours ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

Think Roos gets a hard time. The modern day keeper is instructed to retain possession as much as possible instead of punting long and also looks to punch crosses if in doubt. The balls are so light and can travel fast, it is often a preferred option to catching as it is seen as less risk.  Roos is a very good keeper. I don't think he makes many major errors. I miss Carson though. That guy is quality.

I appreciate the sentiment of what you're trying to convey but when your post ends in Roos is a very good keeper then it does tend to undermine the rest of your message. 

4 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

I appreciate the sentiment of what you're trying to convey but when your post ends in Roos is a very good keeper then it does tend to undermine the rest of your message. 

Why does it? I don’t believe he makes a lot of mistakes. I prefer Carson but doesn’t make Roos a bad keeper. I just rate Carson really highly

16 minutes ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

Why does it? I don’t believe he makes a lot of mistakes. I prefer Carson but doesn’t make Roos a bad keeper. I just rate Carson really highly

Because he's actually not a very good keeper? Average or mediocre is a far more qualified descriptor.

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Roos is just as bad - you think he'd of caught the one Hamer punched when he should of caught it? No.

To be fair Roy, I'd have back my mam to have caught that one. Roos would have, Hamer would have 99/100. Brain fade today. Got away with it.

16 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Roos isn't as bad as some make out, but I just think he needs to go somewhere where he's the No1.

Always looks nervous, if he gets over his nerves he'll be OK and I think a fresh start might just do it for him.

I think we need to sign a good No1 for next season.

He was bound to look nervous with all the morons jeering him ?

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Roos is just as bad - you think he'd of caught the one Hamer punched when he should of caught it? No.

No but think roos would of stayed on his line if he wasn't comfortable coming out! But there's no1 around him so a free catch roos would of caught it! unlike when there's No pressure and still messes up! Neither are good enough and alot of you's talking about him on a permanent deal?! No thanks 

Archived