Roos

Eley1508

On 26/02/2020 at 16:33, Eley1508 said:

He’s just been awarded “Community Player of the Season” for work done behind the scenes and people quick to mock & criticise - what are people thinking with regard to the benefits of doing it. Obviously aware he’s been inconsistent & the constant criticism  happens at all clubs but it almost seems certain fans want the players to fail through scapegoating. Nothing good ever comes with it & confidence with Roos in particular has been shot in recent months especially with the ironic cheers which don’t help. Why is it so difficult for fans to get behind the club & players?

I'm never one to boo or mock a player in a stadium, every player always has my support for the 90 minutes but at this level he's nowhere near good enough which is what brings out fans frustration. I'm happy to have him as our second choice. Biggest priorty in the summer has to be a commanding number 1, surely!?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

Sorry but he's crap.  Hamer is too .....it's up to Cocu to decide who is the crappiest of the two

He’s not crap, not compared to other goalies in the division. Hamer on the other hand, is pretty crap. I think it should be obvious which of the two is better, and it’s not the one who’s currently playing.

10 minutes ago, JoeDerby said:

I'm never one to boo or mock a player in a stadium, every player always has my support for the 90 minutes but at this level he's nowhere near good enough which is what brings out fans frustration. I'm happy to have him as our second choice. Biggest priorty in the summer has to be a commanding number 1, surely!?

Am not sure what you are saying - is it OK for the fans to take their frustrations out therefore on Roos as he's nowhere good enough? 

If he is nowhere good enough then surely those frustrations should be directed to those in the club who have or do deem him to be good enough? Or those who could be coaching him into a more rounded keeper?

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Or he just isn't a very good keeper and some fans can't accept that and look for other reasons for Roos' not being even our no.1!

You deserve to be lumped in with the keyboard warriors with flippant remarks like that though. Just for the record, that's neither constructive nor true...

Roos- 5 clean sheets in 19, Hamer- 2 clean sheets in 16. Roos also got us the 3 points against Brum with the penalty save. His shot stopping and distribution is also far above Hamer's but don't let that get in the way of your agenda. His weaknesses lay in catching and commanding his area, most can see that but it's very different to criticise these weaknesses rather than just incorrectly state he ''isn't very good''.

44 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Whatever. Shame he's not good enough to be our no.1 then.

Yeah it is, which makes unnecessary remarks like yours all the more confusing. I guarantee Roos is a better keeper (and footballer) than you are which is why anybody having the audacity to claim a professional ''isn't very good'' is always laughable to me ?

2 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Yeah it is, which makes unnecessary remarks like yours all the more confusing. I guarantee Roos is a better keeper (and footballer) than you are which is why anybody having the audacity to claim a professional ''isn't very good'' is always laughable to me ?

What's your take on Conner Sammon?

15 minutes ago, TramRam said:

What's your take on Conner Sammon?

Poor ball control and finishing but excellent workrate and created space for other players, seemed to be a worldbeater whenever we played Watford but never anyone else. His winner here sums that up, drags 3 players to him creating space for Hughes and then still manages to produce an instinctive 1 touch finish 

9 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Poor ball control and finishing but excellent workrate and created space for other players, seemed to be a worldbeater whenever we played Watford but never anyone else.

Great, two games a season, just what we need, puts Anya to shame!

21 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Except the point was to demonstrate what constructive criticism looks like without resorting to generalisations... did that really go over your head? ?

Yes, I guess you're not very good at it are you. Never mind perhaps you're not a professional and so that would explain it. ?

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So you're blissed out then mate. ?

? embarassing yourself now, i had better comebacks in primary school

I ain't here for childish remarks anyway, I'm right in that unnecessary criticism of our own players is entirely counter intuitive and i've made that point so no point going round in circles. Enjoy your evening 

36 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

I ain't here for childish remarks anyway...

And yet you've made so many.

I've seen more great goalkeepers play for Derby than I care to count, and Roos will never be more than average. Your view is different, so is Cocu's.

54 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

And yet you've made so many.

I've seen more great goalkeepers play for Derby than I care to count, and Roos will never be more than average. Your view is different, so is Cocu's.

Oh I can tell you're old, you really didn't have to confirm that one for me ? (had to get one last one in ? )

And where did I say Roos wasn't average? Roos is a 6/10 goalkeeper at this level, Hamer is a 5.5. For comparison, at their peak, Carson was an 8 and Grant was a 7. 

Just think claiming he's ''not very good'' adds to the intrinsic negativity a section of supporters are giving him, when it's not quite true. He's saved 1/4 of the penalties he's faced for example, a goalkeeper that's 'not very good' couldn't do that. He's just got very obvious weaknesses which is why we need an upgrade but when the lad's clearly shot on confidence, i'd just rather see supporters backing him, even when they understand his failings.

20 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Just think claiming he's ''not very good'' adds to the intrinsic negativity a section of supporters are giving him, when it's not quite true. He's saved 1/4 of the penalties he's faced for example, a goalkeeper that's 'not very good' couldn't do that. He's just got very obvious weaknesses which is why we need an upgrade but when the lad's clearly shot on confidence, i'd just rather see supporters backing him, even when they understand his failings.

Not gonna happen until we get to the stage where we're so bad that we accept the poorer players are the best we can get. We're not at that stage, yet. 

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not gonna happen until we get to the stage where we're so bad that we accept the poorer players are the best we can get. We're not at that stage, yet. 

So you're saying you're actively refusing to support one of our own players?

I'm not saying you have to rate him as a brilliant goalkeeper but how is jeering every time he catches the ball conducive to improving performances? More backing from the 'fans' would likely see his performances improve but it's remarkable how many fans are too dense to realise this so instead carry on with behaviours that will only make him worse

Archived