Roos

Eley1508

He’s just been awarded “Community Player of the Season” for work done behind the scenes and people quick to mock & criticise - what are people thinking with regard to the benefits of doing it. Obviously aware he’s been inconsistent & the constant criticism  happens at all clubs but it almost seems certain fans want the players to fail through scapegoating. Nothing good ever comes with it & confidence with Roos in particular has been shot in recent months especially with the ironic cheers which don’t help. Why is it so difficult for fans to get behind the club & players?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not all criticism is bad. A lot of it is part of the job. 

The ironic cheers and stuff like that are not helpful. And there's criticism and nastiness. 

It's possible to get behind him and criticise him. 

I don't think the majority of people that don't rate him are saying anything about his character or off field activities 

1 hour ago, Eley1508 said:

He’s just been awarded “Community Player of the Season” for work done behind the scenes and people quick to mock & criticise - what are people thinking with regard to the benefits of doing it. Obviously aware he’s been inconsistent & the constant criticism  happens at all clubs but it almost seems certain fans want the players to fail through scapegoating. Nothing good ever comes with it & confidence with Roos in particular has been shot in recent months especially with the ironic cheers which don’t help. Why is it so difficult for fans to get behind the club & players?

You've obviously never heard of constructive criticism then as a concept 

And before I get jumped on I wouldnt classify ironic cheers when Roos catches the ball as that 

Agree criticism is fine.. It's part of life and when it's constructive it can help improve a person who is prepared to take in onboard. 

Never get the ironic cheers and moans and groans from our fans to our players. Only people gaining potential advantage from that are our opponents. 

46 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

And before I get jumped on I wouldnt classify ironic cheers when Roos catches the ball as that 

Bit harsh mate. The OP's not saying all criticism just the unhelpful stuff and the example used is the one you've agreed with.

In fairness, quite a lot of the stuff I've read about the lad on here has been anything but 'constructive', though others might say otherwise.

2 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Bit harsh mate. The OP's not saying all criticism just the unhelpful stuff and the example used is the one you've agreed with.

In fairness, quite a lot of the stuff I've read about the lad on here has been anything but 'constructive', though others might say otherwise.

Wasn't meant to be harsh in fact 2 other posters said the same thing regards not all criticism should be viewed in a negative light

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Wasn't meant to be harsh in fact 2 other posters said the same thing regards not all criticism should be viewed in a negative light

I meant the bit about never having heard of constructive criticism bud. No biggy anyways. I think we're all agreed on this to a point at least. The ironic cheering thing for sure is the sole province of utter morons.

2 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

I meant the bit about never having heard of constructive criticism bud. No biggy anyways. I think we're all agreed on this to a point at least. The ironic cheering thing for sure is the sole province of utter morons.

Yes 100% agreed I can't see how anyone can either find it helpful or in the least bit entertaining. 

I've been at games where the crowd have mocked and jeered heavy touches or miscontrols from opposition players but never a Derby player.

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

Yes 100% agreed I can't see how anyone can either find it helpful or in the least bit entertaining. 

I've been at games where the crowd have mocked and jeered heavy touches or miscontrols from opposition players but never a Derby player.

Taking the piss out of opposing teams is de rigueur mate ?

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Where did I criticise constructive criticism? Some of the stuff on here & Twitter (mainly) has been atrocious.

All for constructive criticism if it’s constructive, but surely as “supporters” the first 7 letters point towards what I’d expect there to be more of.

2 minutes ago, Eley1508 said:

Where did I criticise constructive criticism? Some of the stuff on here & Twitter (mainly) has been atrocious.

All for constructive criticism if it’s constructive, but surely as “supporters” the first 7 letters point towards what I’d expect there to be more of.

But what happens with statements 'broad-brushing' criticism of 'supporters' is that we're all made to feel guilty. I don't feel guilty for saying Roos is a pretty average keeper and if it wasn't for his slightly less limited ability to play out from the back then he'd not be here, I think Lampard would have signed another keeper.

57 minutes ago, Eley1508 said:

Well done Kelle for the huge mistake against Villa in the playoff final, Well done Kelle for the howler you had against Fulham where we lost 3-0, Well done Kelle for letting a goal in at your near post against Huddersfield to make it 1-1.

Well done Kelle for making a good living from not being a good keeper imo, But you've still a long way to go before you can eclipse Connor Salmon.

A genuine well done Kelle for your award for work in the community.

22 minutes ago, TramRam said:

Well done Kelle for the huge mistake against Villa in the playoff final, Well done Kelle for the howler you had against Fulham where we lost 3-0, Well done Kelle for letting a goal in at your near post against Huddersfield to make it 1-1.

Well done Kelle for making a good living from not being a good keeper imo, But you've still a long way to go before you can eclipse Connor Salmon.

A genuine well done Kelle for your award for work in the community.

Again what good does that do?  Genuine question, as whilst I once again appreciate errors have been made the constant player bashing (which happened with Keogh for years) is never productive. 

I’m personally in agreement a new keeper should be looked at in the summer but some of the stuff I’ve seen elsewhere  has been far from “constructive” 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

But what happens with statements 'broad-brushing' criticism of 'supporters' is that we're all made to feel guilty. I don't feel guilty for saying Roos is a pretty average keeper and if it wasn't for his slightly less limited ability to play out from the back then he'd not be here, I think Lampard would have signed another keeper.

Nobody's broad-brushing you or anyone else for that matter. It's fine to say you don't rate someone, better still to explain why. It's the plain mean stuff that serves no purpose, but when criticism creeps into player baiting pure and simple, inevitably some folk are going to get fed up with it. 

9 minutes ago, Eley1508 said:

Again what good does that do?  Genuine question, as whilst I once again appreciate errors have been made the constant player bashing (which happened with Keogh for years) is never productive. 

I’m personally in agreement a new keeper should be looked at in the summer but some of the stuff I’ve seen has been far from “constructive” 

Think it was someone trying to seem clever and............failing miserably. Wasn't needed.

6 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Nobody's broad-brushing you or anyone else for that matter. It's fine to say you don't rate someone, better still to explain why. It's the plain mean stuff that serves no purpose, but when criticism creeps into player baiting pure and simple, inevitably some folk are going to get fed up with it. 

And then the sort of post that specifies no-one but could include anyone happen:

4 hours ago, Eley1508 said:

Obviously aware he’s been inconsistent & the constant criticism  happens at all clubs but it almost seems certain fans want the players to fail through scapegoating. Nothing good ever comes with it & confidence with Roos in particular has been shot in recent months especially with the ironic cheers which don’t help. Why is it so difficult for fans to get behind the club & players?

So best say nothing in case the criticism is just too mean and it's definitely 'you' player baiting!

2 minutes ago, Eley1508 said:

I’m personally in agreement a new keeper should be looked at in the summer but some of the stuff I’ve seen has been far from “constructive” 

Unless Kelle Roos posts on here it doesn't do anything, It's a comment on how he performs, He saved a penalty against Birmingham which got us 3 points, He was applauded for that, He pulled out a 1 on 1 against Huddersfield late on, He was applauded for that too, There are other saves he's done well on, But a keepers career will depend on concistency something that Roos has lacked.

Look at Joe Hart, His career went downhill once Pep Guardiola ha seen him perform in goals, Jordan Pickford still gets criticised at Everton, Kiko Casilla at leeds has made some shockers namely against us in the playoffs.

Goalkeepers are the last line of defence, Pundits will tell you "you have to be a little crazy", I'm not one of those that applauds when Roos catches a ball(childish)but I will have my say in the pub afterwards or on here if I can be ar$ed.

Players are paid well if you're in the right division, If critics are his downfall or if he reads this message board and it gets to him, May I suggest he calls it a day and finds employment where lifes not so tough.

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

And then the sort of post that specifies no-one but could include anyone happen:

So best say nothing in case the criticism is just too mean and it's definitely 'you' player baiting!

You've lost me there. If you think I'm being unreasonable then will just have to agree to disagree and move on as I don't think that's the case.

Archived