Roos

Eley1508

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

And then the sort of post that specifies no-one but could include anyone happen:

So best say nothing in case the criticism is just too mean and it's definitely 'you' player baiting!

Not on about the 50/50 stuff, obviously there’s certain subjective stuff but put yourself in whatever camp you want, there’s undeniable over-stepping of the mark with a fair few on Twitter & a few on here, which goes back to my original point about how certain fans come across with the complete opposite intention than what they probably want.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

You've lost me there. If you think I'm being unreasonable then will just have to agree to disagree and move on as I don't think that's the case.

Do you ever criticise a player? Well some of us do and not even in a constructive way, but it doesn't mean we wish the player ill or think they and there off-spring ought to suffer terrible fates. But when that is suggested for un-specified fans, so it could be anyone who criticises then that is annoying.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Do you ever criticise a player? Well some of us do and not even in a constructive way, but it doesn't mean we wish the player ill or think they and there off-spring ought to suffer terrible fates. But when that is suggested for un-specified fans, so it could be anyone who criticises then that is annoying.

So your saying that you can't tell the difference between, 'player x is utter poo and should never wear the shirt again' and 'player x was really poor tonight because (fill in the blanks)'. Ok, I understand your point completely now.

4 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

So your saying that you can't tell the difference between, 'player x is utter poo and should never wear the shirt again' and 'player x was really poor tonight because (fill in the blanks)'. Ok, I understand your point completely now.

No I'm not saying that. See this is where it leads. You've shown it very well. It leads to everyone who criticises a player then gets lumped in with Twitter/Facebook keyboard warriors who think that the player is needing to be sacrificed to the Devil at dawn. 

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

No I'm not saying that. See this is where it leads. You've shown it very well. It leads to everyone who criticises a player then gets lumped in with Twitter/Facebook keyboard warriors who think that the player is needing to be sacrificed to the Devil at dawn. 

I've explained myself quite clearly so you can take it however you want. I can't be arsed with these utterly pointless straw man arguments.

2 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

I've explained myself quite clearly so you can take it however you want. I can't be arsed with these utterly pointless straw man arguments.

Errr okay. You've no need to be so up tight, perhaps have a little lie down mate. 

4 hours ago, Eley1508 said:

He’s just been awarded “Community Player of the Season” for work done behind the scenes and people quick to mock & criticise - what are people thinking with regard to the benefits of doing it. Obviously aware he’s been inconsistent & the constant criticism  happens at all clubs but it almost seems certain fans want the players to fail through scapegoating. Nothing good ever comes with it & confidence with Roos in particular has been shot in recent months especially with the ironic cheers which don’t help. Why is it so difficult for fans to get behind the club & players?

Well done to Roos for his admirable behind the scenes efforts. Hope he keeps pushing and gets his on field game back on track. 

I think it's clear that neither Roos nor Hamer are the GK's we need. This isn't to say that neither aren't nice people with good intentions and I've never seen anyone suggest otherwise about either player. It merely means that at their job they've under-performed and it has at times cost their employer (this is especially true of Roos). 

4 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

You've obviously never heard of constructive criticism then as a concept 

And before I get jumped on I wouldnt classify ironic cheers when Roos catches the ball as that 

Do you seriously believe its possible for constructive criticism to be given by fans like yourself during a game,

We’ve mentioned it a lot before, but I really don’t get the mentality of criticising players actually at a game/online. All it serves to do is knock their confidence, to the detriment of the team. Even the most negative fan like me doesn’t want to hurt the teams prospects, surely? I mean having your opinion on a player and giving out criticism is fair cop, that’s what football fans do, but do it in the proper place like on here or down the pub, don’t shout abuse at the matches themselves or bring players on the pitch performances into a discussion about them off the pitch - should be no reason why people are mentioning any mistakes Roos has made on the pitch when he’s being given a community award. On the pitch has nothing to do with that award, and he deserves praise for what he’s done off the field - not people bagging him in the comments section because he’s been a bit dodgy on it.

Its especially strange when I don’t even think he’s that bad a player. It’s almost like people are willing him to fail because of what happened at Wembley, or because they didn’t rate him in the past and are too stubborn to change their views. I mean he’s obviously not exactly in the running for player of the year, he’s not had the best season, but there’s a good player in there. Compared with other goalies in this division, he’s actually pretty decent. Far far better than Hamer certainly, because he actually has the ability to play a bit of football in a possession based side. A much better modern goalie.

12 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

It’s almost like people are willing him to fail because of what happened at Wembley, or because they didn’t rate him in the past and are too stubborn to change their views.

Just look at how long it took people to forgive Keogh for the playoff defeat, and for most to recognise him as one of the best CBs in the league.

On 26/02/2020 at 16:33, Eley1508 said:

He’s just been awarded “Community Player of the Season” for work done behind the scenes and people quick to mock & criticise - what are people thinking with regard to the benefits of doing it. Obviously aware he’s been inconsistent & the constant criticism  happens at all clubs but it almost seems certain fans want the players to fail through scapegoating. Nothing good ever comes with it & confidence with Roos in particular has been shot in recent months especially with the ironic cheers which don’t help. Why is it so difficult for fans to get behind the club & players?

He may be a really nice guy, but he's no goalkeeper

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Just look at how long it took people to forgive Keogh for the playoff defeat, and for most to recognise him as one of the best CBs in the league.

Indeed. Obviously a Roos isn’t quite at the same level, but it does seem one mistake tarnishes you forever with some fans.

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Indeed. Obviously a Roos isn’t quite at the same level, but it does seem one mistake tarnishes you forever with some fans.

Or he just isn't a very good keeper and some fans can't accept that and look for other reasons for Roos' not being even our no.1!

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Or he just isn't a very good keeper and some fans can't accept that and look for other reasons for Roos' not being even our no.1!

That’s your opinion though, many don’t agree - and that stats don’t exactly back it up either. Fans can accept he isn’t the best goalie ever, but it’s the seemingly far too extreme criticism that feels quite unfounded and not actually based on what fans are seeing this season.

Im still looking for reasons why Roos isn’t our number one - he’s levels above Hamer in my opinion. But on Cocus head be it, I supoose.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

That’s your opinion though, many don’t agree - and that stats don’t exactly back it up either. Fans can accept he isn’t the best goalie ever, but it’s the seemingly far too extreme criticism that feels quite unfounded and not actually based on what fans are seeing this season.

Im still looking for reasons why Roos isn’t our number one - he’s levels above Hamer in my opinion. But on Cocus head be it, I supoose.

Sorry but he's crap.  Hamer is too .....it's up to Cocu to decide who is the crappiest of the two

Archived