Pride Park Pitch

S8TY

Just thought I'd mention how poor the pitch looked last night.....There are quite a few bad patches and don't see many other pitches with that amount of wear and tear. Does anyone know why it is in this condition? too many games on it ? Trying to replicate the BBG?? lol

Considering we spent a few bob on the pitch as is now not 100% grass and is interwoven I beleive I was a bit dissapointed to see it look so bad in places.

Looked even worse when I watched it back on TV this morning quite a few bumpy cut up areas.......

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, S8TY said:

Just thought I'd mention how poor the pitch looked last night.....There are quite a few bad patches and don't see many other pitches with that amount of wear and tear. Does anyone know why it is in this condition? too many games on it ? Trying to replicate the BBG?? lol

Considering we spent a few bob on the pitch as is now not 100% grass and is interwoven I beleive I was a bit dissapointed to see it look so bad in places.

Looked even worse when I watched it back on TV this morning quite a few bumpy cut up areas.......

Yes, I noticed as well. Makes us look a bit second rate imo. 

14 hours ago, S8TY said:

There is a  balding tram line running down the pitch and was cut up badly in places....i know we spent a lot of money on this pitch as its interwoven with  a plastic  weave I beleive

Also noticed the tram lines, is it because of those artificial lights they put on the pitch (Look abit like the cricket covers on a wicket)?

Assuming with all the rain we’ve had along with dragging them on and off the pitch all the time it’s starting to take its toll.

I recall Derby tweeting something like "soon" with a photo of the lights on the pitch a few weeks ago. Because of the stadium design that pitch gets no sunlight for several months over the winter.

Add in the tremendous amount of rain (where's Mel's roof when you need it? ?) and it's not surprising the pitch is looking a little dodgy. 

Like many others, I remarked on it Friday evening as it looks the worst that I remember it in recent seasons.

6 hours ago, angieram said:

I recall Derby tweeting something like "soon" with a photo of the lights on the pitch a few weeks ago. Because of the stadium design that pitch gets no sunlight for several months over the winter.

Add in the tremendous amount of rain (where's Mel's roof when you need it? ?) and it's not surprising the pitch is looking a little dodgy. 

Like many others, I remarked on it Friday evening as it looks the worst that I remember it in recent seasons.

Agree Angie It really should look better considering it cost quite a bit ....I know some teams rip the pitch up and replace the whole pitch  at the end of the season but am pretty sure this would cost us a packet due to  the stitched interweave so was dissapointing to see it looking quite shabby in areas....we are a passing team and a really good surface helps...hope its sorted for better wear and tear next season

Archived