Radio Derby

Norman Hull

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I imagine the two other broadcasters involved may have been suspended or taken off air short term for not dealing with it at the time. So there may well not be a presenter to do it. BBC have sent a 'senior manager' to investigate and in that situation stopping DCFC output for a few days would be fairly standard. BBC so sensitive to this stuff I imagine there are a few twitching backsides at BBC Derby tonight.

6 minutes ago, Ramleicester said:

I imagine the two other broadcasters involved may have been suspended or taken off air short term for not dealing with it at the time. So there may well not be a presenter to do it. BBC have sent a 'senior manager' to investigate and in that situation stopping DCFC output for a few days would be fairly standard. BBC so sensitive to this stuff I imagine there are a few twitching backsides at BBC Derby tonight.

Maybe the bbc were just trying to be more racist to get into Johnson's good book with all the talk of budget cuts?

49 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well let's hope that they've not done the Sportscene talk in tonight because they are too busy writing you a personal apology ?

Nah mate. They're busy scanning the Lowe thread for the mythical insults hurled at you in their dozens. Still looking mind...

1 hour ago, therealhantsram said:

Smart move. It would just give the racists a platform to spout their anger at Craig's dismissal. Better to let the dust settle and go again. 

Yes I imagine that was their thinking, probably RD also took some independent advice, or at least under guidance from the BBC mother ship. 

All this talk about presenters/co-presenters, shared blame, and rectal twitches...

I assume these sort of programmes are done in a studio, with technicians/producers/directors etc all in attendance?  And certainly an editor of some sort, between the live comment and it initially being uploaded(?) as a blog thingy?

Are they all twitching?  Should they all have jumped up in unison to condemn Ramage there and then?  Are they collectively responsible for what each member of the team says on air? 

Surely not?

EDIT:

Oh, that's regarding the initial programme, with "that comment"... not tonight's cancelled show.

2 hours ago, Norman Hull said:

What an act of cowardice and shame by Radio Derby cancelling Sports Scene tonight. 

Says the person who wasn't in the production meeting, does not run a radio show affiliated/connected to the BBC, and has literally no effing clue what is happening other than what they read on SM.

You seem like the coward to me, otherwise you's say who you you were and contact RD directly.

Rathwer than bleat in anonymity on a message board.

3 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Says the person who wasn't in the production meeting, does not run a radio show affiliated/connected to the BBC, and has literally no effing clue what is happening other than what they read on SM.

You seem like the coward to me, otherwise you's say who you you were and contact RD directly.

To be fair he did try ringing them but ended up with a Western Taxi outside his house.

One o funniest things I heard were a few years back... I wa on neets and int afternoon when I'd got up Sally pepper wa ont radio... sum one had rang in and Sally asked her what she'd been up at weekend... woman replied I've been ta visit mi daughter .....sally replied oh that's nice wheres she live , how is she? Caller said ...well Sally shes dead ... I went ta cemetery.......ouch ....silence....radio gold...Hilda spat her teeth out... it wor cringeworthy...

15 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Well he did try and call them...

Archived