Radio Derby

Norman Hull

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Gisby said:

its not because it’s been pulled that people are aggrieved more so the fact that they haven’t the courtesy to acknowledge it is being\has been pulled to their listeners (or should I say licence fee payers).

Fair enough point.

Can think of a whole list of things in the world that would concern me more, each to their own though.

4 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

If you read the posts, folk are suggesting that simply pulling it without announcement is the issue.

Did they not make any announcement at all? If so then maybe a short statement along the lines of “due to recent events, tonight’s show is cancelled as we temporarily suspend broadcasting” would’ve probably been a good idea to come across as being transparent. I get that. Just not sure they can say anything else really at this point in proceedings. A “proper” statement may have to wait until the BBC conclude their internal investigation. 

FWIW the OP called cancelling the show an “act of cowardice”. My original post was aimed at that comment, not that replies that followed.

4 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

If you read the posts, folk are suggesting that simply pulling it without announcement is the issue.

Maybe they’ve been advised to not comment on it just yet.

will probably be a thorough statement soon

1 minute ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Derek is flipping furious, it's the only person he speaks to all week.

You jest but actually that is a point. My in-laws look forward to it, they’re elderly and don’t do social media so actually like to listen to what other fans have to say 

2 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Fair enough point.

Can think of a whole list of things in the world that would concern me more, each to their own though.

Hey don’t get me wrong shan’t be losing any sleep over it tonight just agree with others that it’s a little crass & unprofessional from the BBC

31 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

I think what happened probably warrants more than a sentence posted at 10.00pm on a website though I'm not surprised you don't. 

Well let's hope that they've not done the Sportscene talk in tonight because they are too busy writing you a personal apology ?

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Sorry I was called a nobody by the OP earlier in the thread in a fit of pique I think 

So you saw fit to pass the insult along, assuming us Norman's are all the same?

I'm more of a Celt, anyway.

No mention WHATSOEVER on Radio Derby for ‘pulling’ Sportscene.. 

Disgusting public relations for an otherwise (formerly) respected Radio Station ! 
So what do we get instead, tedious, vacuous ‘pop’ music, shows no respect for their loyal sports fan audience whatsoever .. 

Add this to their promotion of weather presenter Sally Pepper to morning ‘anchor’ presenter, with her condescending conversations with the ‘older generation’ and annoyingly offensive cackling laugh, and I for one have now paid my last visit to their ‘toy town’ radio station ! 

3 minutes ago, Ram8 said:

Add this to their promotion of weather presenter Sally Pepper to morning ‘anchor’ presenter, with her condescending conversations with the ‘older generation’ and annoyingly offensive cackling laugh, and I for one have now paid my last visit to their ‘toy town’ radio station ! 

She says good things about you too

Archived