Radio Derby

Norman Hull

4 minutes ago, Norman Hull said:

This is not about what Ramage said. Nor is it about whether or not he is a racist. This is about Radio Derby and their decision to cancel the Sports Scene programme tonight without acknowledging why. I find that appalling. By doing that they have made a bad situation worse. 

We know why don't we?

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Norman Hull said:

This is not about what Ramage said. Nor is it about whether or not he is a racist. This is about Radio Derby and their decision to cancel the Sports Scene programme tonight without acknowledging why. I find that appalling. By doing that they have made a bad situation worse. 

Well I would imagine with them saying they wont be working with Ramage anymore that it would be pretty obvious why?

3 minutes ago, Norman Hull said:

I phoned Radio Derby this evening to ask for an explanation. I phoned seven times. Twice I was diverted to a Taxi Service. The five other times the phone rang and rang and then went dead. 01332 616161. They are not answering the phone. 

That’s because that isn’t the right number. 

6 minutes ago, Norman Hull said:

I phoned Radio Derby this evening to ask for an explanation. I phoned seven times. Twice I was diverted to a Taxi Service. The five other times the phone rang and rang and then went dead. 01332 616161. They are not answering the phone. 

You are Mr Angry from the Steve Wright in the Afternoon show and I claim my ten pounds 

19 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Because folk on both sides of the argument will, rightly or wrongly, have been expecting them to address what has happened. At a time when their stock is at an all-time low, this will not exactly help. 

Damned if they do, damned if they don’t then. 

For all anyone knows, maybe they are conducting internal checks on procedures how to handle a situation like Saturday, maybe even whether content should be broadcast on a podcast without checks, maybe whether content can be edited after it’s been published, maybe questioning Chris Coles or even Ed Dawes on such, maybe Chris Coles or Ed Dawes could even have been denied a voice on the Ramage debacle, maybe they objected and didn’t want to go on air.

Lots of maybes and just hypothesising but I can think of plenty of reasons it was pulled, without knowing if any are remotely close.

What the hell else were they gonna do? Have Ed Dawes sat there on his own listening to the racists off Facebook ringing up demanding for Ramage to be reinstated?

Absolutely the right decision to call it off - in fact the only possible choice imo. Airing it would have been an absolute nightmare when the show is based on people ringing up and passing comment. Who knows what someone may have said live on air. Think they’ve done what any organisation would do In their position - stay out of the limelight if it’s at all possible until everything is resolved. At the moment they’re still under internal investigation by the BBC, and there’s a possibility Ramage isn’t the last one out the door, so think any broadcast or statement at this point would be a bit foolish while everything is still up in the air. 

I wouldn’t have expected anything less than the moan in to be cancelled tonight, it’ll be Friday night that’s interesting. They’ve got little choice but to broadcast somehow then.

3 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Damned if they do, damned if they don’t then. 

For all anyone knows, maybe they are conducting internal checks on procedures how to handle a situation like Saturday, maybe even whether content should be broadcast on a podcast without checks, maybe whether content can be edited after it’s been published, maybe questioning Chris Coles or even Ed Dawes on such, maybe Chris Coles or Ed Dawes could even have been denied a voice on the Ramage debacle, maybe they objected and didn’t want to go on air.

Lots of maybes and just hypothesising but I can think of plenty of reasons it was pulled, without knowing if any are remotely close.

its not because it’s been pulled that people are aggrieved more so the fact that they haven’t the courtesy to acknowledge it is being\has been pulled to their listeners (or should I say licence fee payers).

6 minutes ago, Norman Hull said:

This from Google. "If you have a story suggestion or wish to get in touch with the BBC News team: Call the Derby newsroom on 01332 616161." 

No mate it’s changed I think you should check the year.

If you need to get in touch with anyone at BBC Derby or BBC East Midlands Today, here's how:
BBC Radio Derby
■   Main switchboard: 01332 361111 
■   Call a show: 0800 145 61 61
■   Travel desk: 0800 145 61 61
■   Text 81333, and start your message with the word "Derby". You will be charged at your standard message rate.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

What the hell else were they gonna do? Have Ed Dawes sat there on his own listening to the racists off Facebook ringing up demanding for Ramage to be reinstated?

Absolutely the right decision to call it off - in fact the only possible choice imo. Airing it would have been an absolute nightmare when the show is based on people ringing up and passing comment. Who knows what someone may have said live on air. Think they’ve done what any organisation would do In their position - stay out of the limelight if it’s at all possible until everything is resolved. At the moment they’re still under internal investigation by the BBC, and there’s a possibility Ramage isn’t the last one out the door, so think any broadcast or statement at this point would be a bit foolish while everything is still up in the air. 

I wouldn’t have expected anything less than the moan in to be cancelled tonight, it’ll be Friday night that’s interesting. They’ve got little choice but to broadcast somehow then.

If you read the posts, folk are suggesting that simply pulling it without announcement is the issue.

Archived