Kamil Jóźwiak - Signed 4 year deal

Nuwtfly

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

This article still reckons Jozwiak is coming to Derby; although the quote from the assistant manager doesn't name us it does state an expectation that Jozwiak is leaving within a few days

https://gloswielkopolski.pl/lech-poznan-tomasz-rzasa-chcemy-dokonac-jeszcze-trzech-transferow-mowi-dyrektor-sportowy-kolejorza-pierwszy-to-muhammad-awad/ar/c2-15167112

Tomasz Rząsa admitted that the transfer of Kamil Jóźwiak is close to finalization. It will be the English Derby County, which on Monday sold its pupils Jayden Bogle and Max Lowe to Sheffield United and obtained the missing money for a cash transfer of the Polish representative.

"Of course, I will not confirm the club that Kamil can go to. We will also see how long the negotiations will take, but most likely it is a matter of a few days. The transfer window is open until October 5, so we still have some time. Kamil played over 100 matches in Lech, he developed a lot and joined the Polish national team. We had given our word that if a satisfactory offer appeared for him in this window, he would be able to continue his career abroad. We know he can handle it. We were preparing for his departure. Hence the aforementioned transfer of Jan Sykora, which is to help us replace Kamil on the spot - he adds."

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

I've just been on the Leeds, Leicester, Forest and Burton forums. They are all looking at Polish tweets and videos to work out if we are getting him. They are also laughing at us as they always sign exactly who they want, every time and for the right price. 

Just to confirm, I didn't really do this. I was making a point that the idea that we are somehow both unique and terrible at sealing transfers is preposterous. A supporter of another club would know very little about this non-story, and the same meltdown on newspaper speculation will be happening everywhere.

9 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

I've just been on the Leeds, Leicester, Forest and Burton forums. They are all looking at Polish tweets and videos to work out if we are getting him. They are also laughing at us as they always sign exactly who they want, every time and for the right price. 

I understand Leeds & Forest are obsessed with us, but why the duck do Leicester care. 

Just read the above post ?

19 minutes ago, Srg said:
25 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Tomasz Rząsa admitted that the transfer of Kamil Jóźwiak is close to finalization. It will be the English Derby County, which is so skint on Monday it sold the pupils of Jayden Bogle and Max Lowe to Sheffield United and obtained the missing money for a cash transfer of the Polish representative.

Just read this,we are short of money.

I'm concerned we will miss out on all our main targets and end up bringing in some bang average player on deadline day like Paterson just to get someone in the building, would be typical of us. If we don't recruit players properly after selling Bogle and Lowe + loosing Martin I can see us struggling in the bottom half like Clough all over again. 

2 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Is it possible that the EFL appeal is scaring the horses somewhat? 

As an ambitious player would you sign if you felt a large points deduction might be back on the cards? 

The points deduction is off the cards, even going by the Derby statement: if we had to amend our amortisation to a straight line  policy (which not every club does BTW) it sounds like it would lead to us filling our P&S return again and still being within the allowable amount. I think the profit in 17/18 would be slightly lower, however the loss in 18/19 would also be lower. 

7 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

The points deduction is off the cards, even going by the Derby statement: if we had to amend our amortisation to a straight line  policy (which not every club does BTW) it sounds like it would lead to us filling our P&S return again and still being within the allowable amount. I think the profit in 17/18 would be slightly lower, however the loss in 18/19 would also be lower. 

The loss in 18/19 would be worse, and I'm fairly certain we would fail that P&S period with a straight-line amortisation policy

14 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The loss in 18/19 would be worse, and I'm fairly certain we would fail that P&S period with a straight-line amortisation policy

I thought we had taken a hit in 18/19 with our amortisation policy? I could be wrong. 

Derby did state:

If the EFL is concerned about the wider implications of the ruling then it has always been open to it to recommend a rule change requiring defined amortisation policies, but it has not done so. The Club believes that pursuing a case based on conflicting opinions about accounting policies which, even if the EFL succeeded, would have only led to the Club re-submitting its P&S calculations, is a further waste of the EFL’s resources and an unnecessary distraction to the Club.

I would say they're fairly confident that even if found guilty that we would still be within the limit. 

13 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Depends if this guy has a chance of ending up being a £20m player? If so, we’d be gutted at missing out due to an extra £1m being requested. But we might not be able to afford the extra £1m to which we say - duck the EFL

i've seen that before a few years ago. I think his name was Ollie or something. Maybe Ollie Watkins?

13 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I thought we had taken a hit in 18/19 with our amortisation policy? I could be wrong. 

Derby did state:

I would say they're fairly confident that even if found guilty that we would still be within the limit. 

The big hit of £25.1m was in 19/20 (as of April 2019), whereas 18/19 was just 4.6m, so will certainly increase if amortisation is recalculated. 29th March 2019, the club make it's P&S submissions for 2019, estimating a P&S loss of £37.7m. I struggle to see the adjusted amortisation being less than £6m.

3 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

If he doesn't sign today no chance of him playing Saturday, leaving us with no options what so ever and a team that will struggle to score any goals. 

Even if this one is held up and isn't announced soon, I'm really hoping a centre-forward that can hold the ball up can be signed in the next 1-2 days... otherwise I'm tending to agree with your 'struggling to score any goals' view ? 

Archived