Kamil Jóźwiak - Signed 4 year deal

Nuwtfly

There's a lot of noise on this in Poland and the sources don't seem like your HITC/Football Insider/Bris Vegas baalocks. So we're watertight (as we know) if we do sign him. I imagine once he's in the country in today/tomorrow, we'll hopefully hear from our favourite Forest fan journo.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks absolutely nailed on, and it’s a really exciting move for us.

I imagine the Boniek is probably trying to big him up as much as possible by saying he’ll be worth 20-30 mil next year, but I guess it is possible.

I don’t know if he would start a Euro 2020 game for Poland yet, as Nations League squads are a little different, but if he has a good season at Derby and cements a place in the Polish side then who knows?

Go in to the tournament, feeding Lewandowski... it’s a very good opportunity for a lesser known player to make a name for himself.

They’re reportedly selling for less now because they have to, and can’t wait for his price to increase. It sounds a lot like us, just glad the boot is on the other foot this time.

3 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Looks absolutely nailed on, and it’s a really exciting move for us.

I imagine the Boniek is probably trying to big him up as much as possible by saying he’ll be worth 20-30 mil next year, but I guess it is possible.

I don’t know if he would start a Euro 2020 game for Poland yet, as Nations League squads are a little different, but if he has a good season at Derby and cements a place in the Polish side then who knows?

Go in to the tournament, feeding Lewandowski... it’s a very good opportunity for a lesser known player to make a name for himself.

They’re reportedly selling for less now because they have to, and can’t wait for his price to increase. It sounds a lot like us, just glad the boot is on the other foot this time.

Those of us from the Ian Storey Moore generation should always flinch a little when we hear phrases like 'looks nailed on', until there’s pictures and interviews from the club, and even then there might be room for doubt 

2 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

Those of us from the Ian Storey Moore generation should always flinch a little when we hear phrases like 'looks nailed on', until there’s pictures and interviews from the club, and even then there might be room for doubt 

You're right, we learnt that even if the player is personally introduced to the crowd, on a match day, as the teams new signing it doesn't mean that the transfer is "nailed on"

7 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

Agree with that.

Opposite to that, what I am reminded of watching those clips was seeing Asanovic in Euro 96 in the summer before playing for us. I think Croatia had a game at the Chitty Ground where he put through a defense splitting ball and I thought "Wow. We have signed this guy."

The difference to this situation was that we had already signed him up.

52 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Short clips from the nation league matches:

One thing I liked about from these clips (not much to go on I know). His first thought is to play forwards and get at the opposition to create chances. He is likely to give the ball away sometimes but that’s the price you pay for players like these. However, means if and when we are allowed back into stadiums we shouldn’t hear those collective groans when we give it away after a player tries something. It only seeks to discourage them.

One thing of note: a polish newspaper, possibly local newspaper, did an article on how much each player at Poznan earns. The exchange rate had his wage somewhere near £2,000-a-week. I'd imagine that we would offer something in the region of 5x that. 

It also highlights the fact that we should absolutely doing more scouting abroad. The Championship is a decent standard, almost certainly the best second division anywhere in the world, but with a proper scouting network utilising the whole of Europe then you would be able to pick up 4-5 good players. Easily. 

When you just consider the big names in Polish football, most of them were signed from the Polish leagues for relatively small money. €4.5m for Lewandowski who was a sensation at Lech Poznan. He really never missed a beat making the step up to Dortmund. We know how well Leicester, a club less than an hour down the road, did out of scouting the French football. Kante and Mahrez for less than £8m between them sold them for roughly £100m. They should've perhaps got more too. 

I'm hopeful that Jozwiak will be a sign of things to come from our scouting network. The Championship, even with all its financial restrictions, can probably boast collectively the 6th highest spending division (on average) in the entire world. I would say aside from the Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga and Ligue 1 that we would have the next highest average wage. Not to mention it sits you directly under the division with the highest average wage - you do well and win promotion or get spotted by a big club then you're worth crazy money. 

It really makes sense commercially and practically to start taking some chances on these young internationals for some of the central European teams in my opinion. A club of our resources should really be milking this pathway.

33 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

It also hasn't been mentioned a lot that he is only 22.

Might be one of most exciting permanent signings for some time, but I do remember getting excited about a certain Spanish centre back also. 

I will say this about Albentosa: We signed him for less than we sold him. 

As an experimental signing, it wasn't bad. I just think we over-hyped the signing far too much as a club. At the end of the day, he cost us less than a €1m. It really shouldn't have put us off going to Europe more often. 

17 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I will say this about Albentosa: We signed him for less than we sold him. 

As an experimental signing, it wasn't bad. I just think we over-hyped the signing far too much as a club. At the end of the day, he cost us less than a €1m. It really shouldn't have put us off going to Europe more often. 

I think we really failed in helping him adapt and get settled in the UK

Hopefully something we have improved on

1 minute ago, Shuff264 said:

I think we really failed in helping him adapt and get settled in the UK

Hopefully something we have improved on

It helps that we have another Polish player in Bielik at the club. Hopefully they can move in together and won’t be Poles apart.

I’ll get my coat.

1 hour ago, ilkleyram said:

And Kubik and konoflechek arriving at half time by helicopter at the BBG  

Archived