Kamil Jóźwiak - Signed 4 year deal

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, StarterForTen said:

I can't help but think that is a typo - £900 more likely than £9,000. A young pro even at Derby won't be on much more than £50k a year plus bonuses - which could well be very lucrative.

Doesn't matter now. He's no doubt just secured his family for life. Four year contract with a Premier League club must be worth at least £5m if he sees it through.

I’d guess that the 9k was his new salary having established himself in the first team

then you have 4K in tax 

1k buying, running and insuring his flashy car 

what’s he paying to his agent ?

whats he paying in to whatever after career football players insurance ? .. significant I suspect

monster mortgage On a short repayment because you don’t stay a footballer for 40 years 

goes pretty quick I reckon

37 minutes ago, jono said:

I’d guess that the 9k was his new salary having established himself in the first team

then you have 4K in tax 

whats he paying in to whatever after career football players insurance ? .. significant I suspect

monster mortgage On a short repayment because you don’t stay a footballer for 40 years 

Seem to remember he had bought his Mum and maybe another family member a house and was paying the mortgages on them as well as his own 

32 minutes ago, jono said:

then you have 4K in tax 

"monster mortgage On a short repayment because you don’t stay a footballer for 40 years!" 

Call me old fashioned, but why do we assume  footballers can no longer work after 35? I was a soldier on a 22yr contract having signed up at 18 which would've ended at 40. Not once did I think I would deserve to retire at the end of it.

"Hi Colonel I'm due to retire in 5 years I'm gonna need my £35k.pa Sgt's wage upping to 20k a week to cover me not thinking I have to work again"

Entitlement or what!

My best pal was a championship footballer I used to lambast him for that attitude footballers had.

All your points are valid by the way in terms of mortgage and cars but holy smokes you can't legislate for that level of expectation. 

40 minutes ago, jono said:

then you have 4K in tax 

It will be a bit more than £4K on tax an NI, it’s over £100k so he will be taxed from the first pound( no tax free £12500) he will also have to pay lot of it at 45p in the pound as well as 11% NI. I would have thought he also paid into his pension ( up to £40k tax free)

5 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Considering we seem fairly confident of getting a striker in before Saturday. I can't honestly think of us being linked with anyone?

Who's everyone's money on? Or aho would you go for?

With the fees spent on Marriott and Waghorn, we’ll be in the market for a cheap alternative, maybe even a loan. That means one of 3 options: 

1. young player with potential from L1/2. 
2. experienced player at upper championship level. Most likely a free agent. 
3. Loan from top Prem club. 

If option 1, we’d probably have signed them by now.
Option 2 seems possible, but I can’t think of many options - maybe someone like Hemed, Necid or Sylla. 
Struggling to think of a youth CF who we could be interested in, and who we’d rate higher than Trialist at making an impact. Maybe Balogun from Arsenal? But he’s linked with a lot of moves away. 

Just now, R@M said:

Try county, let alone country! Nearest birds is about 2 hours away. ?

Seriously. Birds should be a country brand. Disgusting behaviour. I feel for you mate 

psspsss

Joz starts for Poland tonight, Sausage roll crumbs round his mouth n all. Read into that what you will

7 hours ago, Macintosh said:

If the [desperately-needed] new arrivals only come here as loans or free transfers don't become suicidal, it's time to smell the coffee.

I’d be delighted if all signings were freebies or cheap. 
I’m actually more worried about us jizzing millions on players and going back to the clement-era.

every season we have an end of season review where Mel scrutinises the issues. This is often followed by staff restructures, notions about needing plan b etc. I think the sudden interest in 3 at the back and the back recruitments the outcome of an inquest into last season.

i worry that the planned player recruitments are also part of some revisionist thinking.
it is reminiscent of when we signed weimann, bent, Blackman, and camara, when suddenly we decided that we needed pace, mobility and a totally different type of attack. 
I don’t trust us to have scouted properly. 

28 minutes ago, IronRam 140.6 said:

"monster mortgage On a short repayment because you don’t stay a footballer for 40 years!" 

Call me old fashioned, but why do we assume  footballers can no longer work after 35? I was a soldier on a 22yr contract having signed up at 18 which would've ended at 40. Not once did I think I would deserve to retire at the end of it.

"Hi Colonel I'm due to retire in 5 years I'm gonna need my £35k.pa Sgt's wage upping to 20k a week to cover me not thinking I have to work again"

Entitlement or what!

My best pal was a championship footballer I used to lambast him for that attitude footballers had.

All your points are valid by the way in terms of mortgage and cars but holy smokes you can't legislate for that level of expectation. 

It's not the expectation he'll retire early 30's, it's the mortgage provider basing an offer on such. 

You wouldn't offer to lend someone a loan over 25 yes, knowing their only going to earn that much for a decade.

I do agree with the main point, why should footballers be immune from career changes like the rest of us, but I can see why £9k doesn't go so far for them as it would for us.

Archived