Mason Bennett - Left for Millwall

RiddingsRam

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
On 03/07/2020 at 17:00, RamNut said:

Might make a full back.

maybe a left back.....in the changing room ?

He doesn’t have enough goals in him to secure a place in attack, but....

he is strong, he should be able to tackle and can match most wingers for pace. 
he might make a decent full back/wing back providing he’s not throwing up or falling over.

I’m sure he could buuuurrrrnnn ?? ? ?Up and down that touch line 

His end product is nowhere near good enough to start in a team with serious playoff ambitions - his value has been when coming  off the bench. 

Unfortunately his time at Millwall highlights one of Bennetts' problems - he can't stay injury free for long enough to stake a regular starting place.

11 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Hopefully Millwall don’t back out of a deal, we need him gone.

We don't "need" him gone, he won't be a high earner and if if was to stay a capable squad member to have around IF fit, and that's the big if.

I wouldn't imagine it would be a large fee either with only a year left on his contract. 

If he was to go though I wish him well and be slightly disappointed it didn't work out as well as we had hoped.

On 11/07/2020 at 21:42, Van Gritters said:

So are they wanting to send him back early? 

From reading the article I suspect they don't want to pay as much as the fee was negotiated before he moved

Seems to suggest there's an option to buy in the loan deal - Like we had for Ince all that long time ago - We got a bargain there because by the end of the loan spell he was deffo worth more than the start - I suspect Mr Rowett and the peeps at Millwall are trying to suggest Bennett is actually worth less than the fee they agreed

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

From reading the article I suspect they don't want to pay as much as the fee was negotiated before he moved

Seems to suggest there's an option to buy in the loan deal - Like we had for Ince all that long time ago - We got a bargain there because by the end of the loan spell he was deffo worth more than the start - I suspect Mr Rowett and the peeps at Millwall are trying to suggest Bennett is actually worth less than the fee they agreed

He has played well there to be fair but again struck by injuries - remember that Rowett took Shotton of us for £400,000 and sold him for £2 million plus within one year 

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

He has played well there to be fair but again struck by injuries - remember that Rowett took Shotton of us for £400,000 and sold him for £2 million plus within one year 

Shotton was different. He wasn't AS bad as made out here. Bennett is 100% not enough

Archived