The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

13 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Pulling down statues seems straight out of a fascists playbook. It's time for these protests to be shut down. 

There'll be some 6 o'clock knocks in the coming days and weeks, All CCTV and Social Media postings will be looked at, Those identified causing criminal and physical damage will have a chance to explain to the authoritys of their actions.

A shame all can't be arrested for breaking social distancing rules.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I would prefer the protesters find other ways. People should be able to protest,  but do it peacefully and most importantly right now do it in a way that won't cost lives.

Too many people are using it as an excuse to go and break things. 

2 minutes ago, TramRam said:

There'll be some 6 o'clock knocks in the coming days and weeks, All CCTV and Social Media postings will be looked at, Those identified causing criminal and physical damage will have a chance to explain to the authoritys of their actions.

A shame all can't be arrested for breaking social distancing rules.

Just add to their council tax. Don’t see why the rest of us have to cough up for their actions.

5 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Socially distant racist smacking saucepan for sale, enquire within.

il_794xN.1013278828_7zrt.jpg.3b0295610875f7fd6dc86bc92998c2d4.jpg

Someone doesn't like getting to close to the fire/Oven or Cooker, I'd use it to put hot coals in to warm my bed ?

5 minutes ago, TramRam said:

Someone doesn't like getting to close to the fire/Oven or Cooker, I'd use it to put hot coals in to warm my bed ?

Electric blanket you luddite.

This is the new omelette pan from the  'Crouch at home' line, available soon on QVC.

2 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Just add to their council tax. Don’t see why the rest of us have to cough up for their actions.

True, And your local rag will be full of the story tomorrow.

Have you been watching...A House through Time on BBC2 In Guinea Street in Bristol.. ?fascinating to watch.

Happy for the protestors to carry on filling their boots. They are rapidly losing the goodwill and support of the public regards the matters they are protesting about, every time a video of them causing wanton destruction appears in the national media or internet then it further reinforces the public opinion that they are just mindless thugs and hooligans. 

16 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Not passing comment but thought this would be of interest.

Not sure why he saw fit to put the word education in parentheses. Did he not attend school a great deal or didn't pay attention in class, is this a sly dig at the quality of teaching or the subject matters being taught. 

21 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Not passing comment but thought this would be of interest.

There's been a campaign for some time to de-Colstonify Bristol, and not just by bolshy University students.

Hmmm, if ever I had the millions to sponser a place of education, I would definitely call it "Bolshy University".

30 minutes ago, TramRam said:

True, And your local rag will be full of the story tomorrow.

Have you been watching...A House through Time on BBC2 In Guinea Street in Bristol.. ?fascinating to watch.

Digging up history to hate people of today no thanks.

My wife has watched it though she has not taken to the streets in anger, not abused anyone.

10 minutes ago, cstand said:

Digging up history to hate people of today no thanks.

My wife has watched it though she has not taken to the streets in anger, not abused anyone.

Then surely those who are angry should take it out of number 10 Guinea Street, It's where a Captain of a Slave ship used to own and live.

29 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Happy for the protestors to carry on filling their boots. They are rapidly losing the goodwill and support of the public regards the matters they are protesting about, every time a video of them causing wanton destruction appears in the national media or internet then it further reinforces the public opinion that they are just mindless thugs and hooligans. 

Why are you pleased that they are losing the goodwill of the public?

Can we assume that you don't agree with their cause, which is to get rid of racism for once and for all? I would have thought that was a noble cause, and I'm pretty certain that most of the participants are as horrified as I am that their aspirations are being undermined by idiots with, I assume, their own agenda.

1 minute ago, TramRam said:

Then surely those who are angry should take it out of number 10 Guinea Street, It's where a Captain of a Slave ship used to own and live.

digging up history to hate people of today is immoral and trashing property it’s mindless vandalism.

29 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Not sure why he saw fit to put the word education in parentheses. Did he not attend school a great deal or didn't pay attention in class, is this a sly dig at the quality of teaching or the subject matters being taught. 

I'd guess that he never learned a thing about the person the school is named after, hence the parentheses?

43 minutes ago, TramRam said:

He'll have to wait for the 7pm Band Wagon, The last one was full.

The problem for black people in the public eye is they are being told by BLM you are either with us or against us. Pity we don’t have a Candance Owens in this country.

Archived